[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #4,517 of 9,270
@FiiO please give us back or at least the option of using the app drawer.
Guys, just download and use Nova. I know you shouldn't *have* to use a third-party app, but in some cases it's both beneficial and preferable. Aside from a much NICER app drawer, you'll also be able to do cool stuff like use 'round' instead of square icons, and hide apps that you don't use without uninstalling them.

Besides, all this talk about the app drawer and in the meantime FiiO gives us pure music mode and no-one even mentions it! Thank you FiiO, this is a most welcome feature. @FiiO can you tell us if there are any processing/sound quality advantages to using pure music mode?

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #4,520 of 9,270
@FiiO

What exactly is Pure Music Mode?

I have an android screen rotate program installed.

It's still active and operational when in PMM. One would have thought that all android programs would have been disabled/inhibited in PMM?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #4,521 of 9,270
@FiiO

What exactly is Pure Music Mode?

I have an android screen rotate program installed.

It's still active and operational when in PMM. One would have thought that all android programs would have been disabled/inhibited in PMM?
Which app is that? Pure Music mode should load up FiiO Music and that’s all - no access to anything else.

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #4,522 of 9,270
20190724_143610.jpg
20190724_143602.jpg
Which app is that? Pure Music mode should load up FiiO Music and that’s all - no access to anything else.

Well, quite!

It's Ultimate Rotation Control

Here are a couple of snaps to show you. It's in reverse portrait mode, in PMM also.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #4,524 of 9,270
There's no way to change the music app for pure mode is there? I, too, am curious about battery life. Make sure to let us know when someone tests this sucker! :)

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #4,525 of 9,270
I guess any app that’s accessible from the pull-down menu is still active.
yes i guess so.

but i would like to know from @FiiO what the situation is, as if "Pure Music Mode" is just not allowing Fiio app to exit to Android, then it's not really worth engaging for any sonic benefits.

Interested to hear the official line :)

ps. I'm sort of pleased the rotation control works in PMM in a way, I like the ability to have my cable up top.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #4,529 of 9,270
There's no way to change the music app for pure mode is there? I, too, am curious about battery life. Make sure to let us know when someone tests this sucker! :)

I dont think FiiO would do that for a 3rd party app.

I have only used 8% battery in 3 hours single ended with 50% volume. Edit I opend the app 2 mins later and looks more like 20% has been used sorry droped from 60% to 40% lol

Hope this helps.

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #4,530 of 9,270
Anybody know if it's possible to go back to the older firmware with fiio? Like with ak you can't go back. And fiioooooo does this mean firmware is almost ready for m6 also?

Bwaaaaahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back