[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,761 of 9,288
As i say it's a disease that level of it and main symptoms can see in the bank account outcomes :wink: but thanks god it is so pleasant for ears and mind. Only newer ending looking for holly grail of sound. Good that you are close to it

Its men's (and suppose some women's) alternative to shoes & handbags !! Chance to keep treating ourselves even though we don't really need. :)

As I'm getting older I think I'm getting more moneywise :wink:

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,762 of 9,288
:confused:

But you don't, you always send everything back. Are you from Yorkshire? :grin:

:L3000: Your actually right !!! I have a few Amazon accounts too. I am from South Yorkshire

Still have my LG V30+; KEF LSX speakers & 2 x SE846's. All other stuff returned or sold. I've even been using Tidal for about 3 years & never paid a penny for it :ksc75smile:

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,763 of 9,288
As good as the M11 is I've realised I just don't need it with me only using SE846's and already having the excellent LG V30+ which has full MQA support (I use Tidal 95% of the time) and I love using UAPP too. DSD's do sound marginally better with the M11 but only have a couple of albums anyway.

If using my Fiio BTR3 it makes no difference if I use the M11 or V30+. Using the V30+ purely as a music player is also lighter & really long battery life.

I'd still say the M11 is the best DAP I've ever owned/used and even greater considering the price!

So going back in its 14 day return window & save myself £400.
Agreed, if you’re mainly using Tidal, any dap - especially the M11 - is probably overkill. Just use your phone. I’m waiting for the BTR5 and balanced out before buying a BT receiver, but chances are I’ll be using it with my phone, not the M11.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #2,765 of 9,288
:L3000: Your actually right !!! I have a few Amazon accounts too. I am from South Yorkshire

Still have my LG V30+; KEF LSX speakers & 2 x SE846's. All other stuff returned or sold. I've even been using Tidal for about 3 years & never paid a penny for it :ksc75smile:
Oh the joys of having a local Amazon store. If I had local access to Amazon I’d try just about every IEM and headphone and amp and dac and mobile device on the market, hassle free! What a pleasure. It’s like getting stuff on appro.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,766 of 9,288
If I had one complaint about m11, it would be I wish it were a bit more compact. I'd like the big open detailed sound in like the body size of ak sr15, or even x5iii. Not sure that's possible though.
Give it a few years. Everything is possible. And not just smaller but at the same price point. $1000+ daps will soon be dinosaurs if the M11 is any indication of things to come.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,767 of 9,288
Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,768 of 9,288

I've got several Amazon accounts also, and my returns through the years have been astronomical. :) problem is sometimes stuff isn't available on prime and has restocking fees, or it's only available on ali Express or somewhere not as easily returnable.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #2,769 of 9,288
Give it a few years. Everything is possible. And not just smaller but at the same price point. $1000+ daps will soon be dinosaurs if the M11 is any indication of things to come.

I wonder if the m11 pro will be the same exact design, but just with THX. aaa.,? I would think so.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,770 of 9,288
The oldest and still having a top sound is the DX100. Lovely sound, even better than the dx220.

Presenting the venerable Microsoft Zune 32GB
or not...sorry, working on getting the image loaded :frowning2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ooW6rjHBR-NxCFt0SP8Dfi6fVQiWSOVt
open

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,771 of 9,288
Dear Fellow-M11-owners, May I get some advice? I use the M11 with Beyerdynamics Xelento wireless (bluetooth Aptx HD and via balanced 4.4). I use a Samsung 500 GB SD card in Slot 2. Soundwise I'm really happy (enough volume :) - but I have problems with Qobuz.
a) Qobuz does not start without an Internet connection. Overall Qobuz runs not really smooth on the device (program on internal storage but data on SD-card).
b) It was possible to download about 16 Qobuz High-Res albums (Sublime+ abo). Then no more (but I can still download from my purchased volumes - so no problem with the SD-card or else). Why can't I download more and use offline?
I already asked the Qobuz team but like many other times there is no answer - or only after some weeks. Great concept, great music but service?
Does anybody else also have those problems? Thank you!

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #2,773 of 9,288
The portability and battery life are wicked. Screen on the M11 is of course easier to navigate. I'm keeping them both for now.

@abitdeef Same. Not hoard... No safe queens is my rule.

Even zx is big compared to sr15:) it just doesn't sound as good as m11. And you can't use spotify on zx. But it is a nice size compared to their top daps, I'm expecting a new Sony to be announced soon.

It's been a bit and the nw35,40,50 rehashes are getting old.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #2,775 of 9,288
All in all, pretty good. I used it for several years while traveling for my job. It was easy to use and it has a quick, smooth UI, wifi, radio, touch screen with a few swipe gestures, games, aluminum body, and a few other goodies. I don't recall the specifics on the dac and what not, but I always enjoyed listening to it. As soon as I find the 3.5 mm cable for my 58X jubilees, I'm going to see if it has the juice to power those :)

My fiio X1 was my upgrade, well, at least in terms of the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back