[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #2,446 of 9,270
Your shure 846 CANNOT LDAC, JUST SBC! It's the same worst BT codec! Just the RMCE-BT2 supports the better codecs.
The problem is not to find @mobile device M11, just in the amp of your BT headset! This is the reason, why you cannot hear a difference between low gain and high gain (via control @M11 device) while listening via BT AND this is the reason of BETTER battery life if you just using BT instead the internal M11 app!

Pls. Inform you about the different BT codecs, about internal M11 amp and external BT amp (in your headset for example) otherwise you will use / handle your hardware wrong in every case.

used SBC on my shure on m11, soun sounded low volume at max 120 volume.

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,448 of 9,270
did u read the rest of my post ?

then what are some headphones?

I tried switching to SBC for my beats and it sounded the same even at 120 volume
I have the Shure 846's and at 120 volume + LDAC,APTX,SBC and....
it STILL sounded LOW just like the beats, i was told

RMCE-BT2 is better, and i will be getting those soon. IF it still plays the same..then it must BE my M11

It seems that the M11 generally has an issue with low volume through Bluetooth, so it could just be your M11. Can't say for sure though

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,449 of 9,270
So, I've been enjoying the M11 during the day and it sounds wonderful out of the box. Have only been testing FiiO Music with default settings. Balanced. High gain. Also a little Spotify.

I've been wondering because I was a little worried but now I'm not.

First off, the WiFi is completely alright. I've downloaded about 10gb of music via Spotify and has been really fast. As fast as my cellphone (flagship Xiaomi / 5gh). Since I'm using both SD slots for my personal HQ library I've selected the internal storage to store Spotify offline files. So, for those complaining, can it be due to you guys downloading straight to SD / slow cards?

My second concern was the heating / player getting hot. So far I haven't felt the player getting hot? This afternoon I've been playing flacs for two hours. I think my phone is even warmer now as I type (it's not, it's cold). I'm playing this (Balanced output, High gain, FiiO Music) and it's still pretty cold. 24bits / 192kHz / 4840kbps. DAP sitting over a wooden table / this afternoon sitting on my belly. I'm on the latest firmware.

I've got mine today. I'm running cca 5 hours now. No heat and it' sounds amazing

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #2,451 of 9,270
Didn’t mean to come across sounding so aggressive, apologies. I’m sure you’re hearing what you’re hearing, and my mild hearing loss is at work preventing me from picking up any hiss from this device. Lucky me! Many years as a teenager blasting tapes into my eardrums has had the (un)lucky effect of making me super sensitive to tape hiss and not really being able to pick it up at the same time :head_bandage:
I have the same combo. M11+fh5. No hiss at all by pause skip. I've noticed by some songs with lower sq

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #2,452 of 9,270
I have to believe so. Even my SBC phones are loud as can be.
I only have tried using the bt on a bt speaker that I got free from my cellphone purchase and they sound very loud. I will check and try with my car sterio to see if there is a noticeable volume difference from my phone and other dap.

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #2,453 of 9,270
Remember. I use LDAC via Sony headphones X100M3 WITH music app in comb. limiter, pre-gain -4 dB AND replaygain 89 dB and it's loud enough!

DOESNT matter dude, the fact i am USING SBC with my bluetooth device thats SBC
and AT MAX VOLUME AT 120 it SHOULD BE REALLY LOUD,

again ITS SBC AND I AM ABLE TO PLAY IT AT 120 VOLUME AND VOLUME IS LOW.

WHEN I GO 120 VOLUME VIA WIRED MY EARS ARE ABOUT TO EXPLODE

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #2,454 of 9,270
Ordered from Amazon on 29th, expected next Wednesday and it decided to show up today! So far, it feels and sounds good straight out of the box! Much better than my iPhone 6s, as expected, which I compromised for so long as my mobile/sleeping device. Get's my IEMs much closer to my desktop rig. Awesome device!

Thanks for the info and picture!!!

BTW, what are the black IEM's above the Andromedas? I've been wanting to add another pair of TOTL IEM's to my current CA Andromeda and Dorado IEM collection, and I'm having an IMPOSSIBLE time deciding on something new with the IEM market being SOOOOOOOO flooded right now!

TIA :wink:

P.S.- I've had my Shanling Audio M5s DAP since the first batch was released in December, and it sounds AMAZING IMO. Same Dual AKM 4493EQ DAC chips and similar components and features, and is almost the exact same price! I can't stress ENOUGH how good the new Shanling Audio products are, and their customer service is TOP NOTCH and second to none, since they're a rather SMALL company who REALLY values and cares about their customers! I HIGHLY recommend the M5s DAP, and I'd LOVE TO read a few reviews comparing the M5s to the new FiiO M11 :)

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #2,456 of 9,270
I only have tried using the bt on a bt speaker that I got free from my cellphone purchase and they sound very loud. I will check and try with my car sterio to see if there is a noticeable volume difference from my phone and other dap.
Read your signature and noticed you have a Z7. What are your opinions on it, and how does it pair up with the M11?

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2,457 of 9,270

BTW, what are the black IEM's above the Andromedas? I've been wanting to add another pair of TOTL IEM's to my current CA Andromeda and Dorado IEM collection, and I'm having an IMPOSSIBLE time deciding on something new with the IEM market being SOOOOOOOO flooded right now!

P.S.- I've had my Shanling Audio M5s DAP since the first batch was released in December, and it sounds AMAZING IMO. Same Dual AKM 4493EQ DAC chips and similar components and features, and is almost the exact same price! I can't stress ENOUGH how good the new Shanling Audio products are, and their customer service is TOP NOTCH and second to none, since they're a rather SMALL company who REALLY values and cares about their customers! I HIGHLY recommend the M5s DAP, and I'd LOVE TO read a few reviews comparing the M5s to the new FiiO M11 :)

I had M5s and as I mentioned earlier, the shanling is warmer sounding and the stage is bigger on m11. Honestly the m5s sound didn't compare to my sr15/,zx300 in the fact that the treble was too soft. It sounded nice, it just didn't do it for me.

The m11 wowed me immediately, probably because I like a more neutral detailed treble sound. So in a nutshell, me I personally liked the m11's sound better.

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,458 of 9,270

Looks like the Oriolus MkII to me

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2,460 of 9,270

Thanks! The one in the picture is Oriolus Mk2 Japanese edition. IMHO, it’s an excellent hybrid that has good dynamic bass, sweet mids, and good treble. The tuning of the mids are different from Andros. I prefer rock/jazz on Oriolus, classical on Andro. My other hybrid IEM is Hyla CE-5 which is supposed to be iBasso’s tuning reference IEM. This is more V-shaped with excellent bass and treble. These are probably side-grade from Andro with different flavor but priced right if you can find it used. Still cheaper than so-called top IEMs, even when combined with M11 :) Good luck finding your fav!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back