[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 7, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #2,327 of 9,288
I don't think it's faulty. It exhibits less hiss than X5-iii in comparison. You have to look for it but it's there.

It might be that I have tested it only though regular unbalanced connection. I will have a balanced cable for the 99c soon so will definitely report back. However, having heard daps like iBasso DX90 or the ZX2, I wouldn't say the M11 is dead silent by any means.

True, but what's weird is I heard hiss on my zx300, not enough to bug me but enough to hear it. Maybe it's my particular iems, but I can't hear any on m11, and I didn't hear any on dx220.

The zx300 is supposed to be pretty low noise, like I said older Sonys were notorious for noise/hiss, but zx300 is newer. Also maybe my hearing isn't as acute as it was. :wink:

Jun 7, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,329 of 9,288
Early Cowon Daps never hissed anything like my 16gb Sony player.

I listen again, I'll put myself in the bathroom or the basement away from noise. Anyways if it's the same or less than zx300 that's pretty damn low.

I consider it negligible on the M11 but it is there on some tracks.

Just put on Like A Slow River by Lull and can't hear any hiss.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #2,331 of 9,288
True, but what's weird is I heard hiss on my zx300, not enough to bug me but enough to hear it. Maybe it's my particular iems, but I can't hear any on m11, and I didn't hear any on dx220.

The zx300 is supposed to be pretty low noise, like I said older Sonys were notorious for noise/hiss, but zx300 is newer. Also maybe my hearing isn't as acute as it was. :wink:

From my own experience... the DX220 has some hiss too but it’s significantly less than the M11... granted the IEMs used makes this different for everyone.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #2,334 of 9,288
Hiss to me isn’t that big of a deal, i never listen to my music quiet enough to where it would effect my regular listening. I only hear it when the tracks change or very quiet parts of the song.

The tiny levels of hiss that modern daps have aren't really bad at all. The ipod 5, and an old Sony nw hd3 I had, sounded like there was a shower going on between tracks. But they still sounded good.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #2,335 of 9,288
I reckon you have something wrong with your M11. Mine is dead silent. As in pitch black. I auditioned the notoriously sensitive Andromedas last weekend and try as I may, high gain full volume (no load), SE and balanced, quiet songs, loud songs - zero hiss. Not even a faint whisper. This thing is black.

Just joined the party and been reading about hiss or no hiss, I thought it had hiss at first but then I found it was track recording related the dap with a decent recording seems pretty black to me... Using er4xr and fearless s6 rui.

Had mine about a day and just been trying the all to dsd function, anyone else tried this? Thoughts on it?... Oh and this thing is pretty killer very pleased.

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #2,336 of 9,288
Just joined the party and been reading about hiss or no hiss, I thought it had hiss at first but then I found it was track recording related the dap with a decent recording seems pretty black to me... Using er4xr and fearless s6 rui.

Had mine about a day and just been trying the all to dsd function, anyone else tried this? Thoughts on it?... Oh and this thing is pretty killer very pleased.

Only a few recordings hiss at the start and they do this with other players, most are silent with the M11. This is using Andro's to. Don't know how Fiio have done this for the price.

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #2,337 of 9,288
Only a few recordings hiss at the start and they do this with other players, most are silent with the M11. This is using Andro's to. Don't know how Fiio have done this for the price.

Couldn't agree more, I have Dx200 with amp8 and I like the M11 audio just as much all be it doing it differently.. Functionality makes the 200 look archaic.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #2,338 of 9,288
Guys, these T2's have blown me away with this player. I find the combo perfect for rock music. The symbols and guitar solos are outstanding!

Great news since I just ordered a pair from MassDrop. Im also loving the Phillips SHP 9500 and the Koss KSC75 with the M11. If your on a budget you can still find bargain phones that sound great on this player even through the unbalanced connector. Do you know if the T2 works with a balanced cable? I would like to have one balanced phone just to see what its like.

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #2,339 of 9,288
Great news since I just ordered a pair from MassDrop. Im also loving the Phillips SHP 9500 and the Koss KSC75 with the M11. If your on a budget you can still find bargain phones that sound great on this player even through the unbalanced connector. Do you know if the T2 works with a balanced cable? I would like to have one balanced phone just to see what its like.

Yes you can get balanced mmcx cables.

Juj

Jun 7, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #2,340 of 9,288
I reckon you have something wrong with your M11. Mine is dead silent. As in pitch black. I auditioned the notoriously sensitive Andromedas last weekend and try as I may, high gain full volume (no load), SE and balanced, quiet songs, loud songs - zero hiss. Not even a faint whisper. This thing is black.

Hmm, maybe I have a bad unit... With my Andromeda, the hiss (or noise floor) is audible especially in balanced. I stop a song, shhh..., then silent/mute. It's definitely not a TV static level noise but easily noticeable when it goes into mute. With my other IEMs, Hyla CE-5 (8.9 ohm) and Oriolus Mk2 (16 ohm), I don't get the hiss so it's all good.

On another note, I am really digging the sound of Andromeda out of M11. It's warm, great mids, enough resolution up top, really a joy to listen to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back