[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 7, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #2,251 of 9,270
So just tried shure 846’s bluetooth and sounds via bouetooth very underhwleming vs cord.

Bluetooth adapter already camr with 846

Would it be the headphones fault?
At max volume it isnt even loud compared to wired, i dont even use max volume when its wited.

And has anyone tried any other wireless iem that shine ??

If your talking about the Shure RMCE-BT1 adapter then its absolute garbage, just put it back in the box (or the bin). Only the RMCE-BT2 is decent from Shure.

Mine just arrived and already done a comparison to the V30+ and compared single to balanced.

20190607_114200.jpg

Already its a keeper for me. Comparing via 3.5mm wired the M11 has more life, body, clarity, bass impact, space, seapration than the V30+ using either my own FLAC/DSD files or listening to Tidal Masters, even though the V30+ does the full hardware unfold. (V30+ does still sound excellent too).

I need to do much more listening but even with the easy to drive SE846's I percieve better audio over balanced but even via 3.5mm its superb.

Works flawlessly with my Sony BT remote and recognised both my 512GB Samsung EVO microSD's and the music I have on them. Now going to try with my Fiio BTR3 BT adapter over LDAC.

20190607_114342.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #2,254 of 9,270
Just tried now with BTR3 and sounds great, just as good as when connected to my V30+. Defaulted to LDAC straight away.

M11 still sounds noticeably better cabled

20190607_120052.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #2,255 of 9,270
rofl
Don't hype your cripple HW of your ixxx! This is the FiiO thread and the BT connect is superb! -> LDAC using!
He’s quite right unfortunately. Of course the M11 blows the iPhone away in SQ... but BT volume is a problem. It’s the FiiO thread, not the FiiO Fanboy thread. If something isn’t right we need to point it out so FiiO can fix it.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #2,257 of 9,270
He’s quite right unfortunately. Of course the M11 blows the iPhone away in SQ... but BT volume is a problem. It’s the FiiO thread, not the FiiO Fanboy thread. If something isn’t right we need to point it out so FiiO can fix it.
I'm not a fanboy. I'm using LDAC quality connect with XM10003 headphones and it's more than enough in power! In addition, all my files tagged with 89 dB ReplayGain - without these values, the M11 blows my mind....

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #2,258 of 9,270
I'm not a fanboy. I'm using LDAC quality connect with XM10003 headphones and it's more than enough in power! In addition, all my files tagged with 89 dB ReplayGain - without these values, the M11 blows my mind....
Fair enough, can’t comment about the XM1000 Mk3. Can only speak from experience - my car audio system is seriously underserved by the FiiO BT signal, and by the sound of it a few other devices as well, so clearly it’s device specific and I’d just like to know why. Good sign that your headphones work well with LDAC as that will be the very minimum I’d want from a BT headphone - and preferably HWA.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #2,259 of 9,270
Great feedback and not surprising. BT isn’t catching up to wired SQ anytime soon.

It is over LDAC with the likes of Fiio BTR3 or EarStudio ES100 while out & about not listening critically or when just listening to mp3's/Spotify.

Low volume may be with BT adapters that just rely on the phone/DAP volume control the BTR3 has its own volume control too. Usually set phone/DAP to max BT volume then control with the BTR3 (or the volume in the car).

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #2,260 of 9,270
It is over LDAC with the likes of Fiio BTR3 or EarStudio ES100 while out & about not listening critically or when just listening to mp3's/Spotify.

Low volume may be with BT adapters that just rely on the phone/DAP volume control the BTR3 has its own volume control too. Usually set phone/DAP to max BT volume then control with the BTR3 (or the volume in the car).
Yep, that’s what BT is perfect for! I’ll likely get the new FiiO balanced BT upgrade to the BTR3 when it becomes available.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #2,261 of 9,270
rofl
Don't hype your cripple HW of your ixxx! This is the FiiO thread and the BT connect is superb! -> LDAC using!

maybe read my damn post when I tried connecting my Bluetooth device earlier.

I didn't know what the problem was,i thought it was this device, I own the M11 so hop off.

I couldn't even connect my beats wireless to my m11, i even put forget device on my iPhone

so I tried Bluetooth device on my shure for first time, it was complete trash, but someone said version 2 is better. just don't see why

shure would pakage a trash Bluetooth connector/accessory with 846, for expensive as they are I expeted everything from package to be good to go,

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #2,262 of 9,270
If your talking about the Shure RMCE-BT1 adapter then its absolute garbage, just put it back in the box (or the bin). Only the RMCE-BT2 is decent from Shure.

Mine just arrived and already done a comparison to the V30+ and compared single to balanced.

Already its a keeper for me. Comparing via 3.5mm wired the M11 has more life, body, clarity, bass impact, space, seapration than the V30+ using either my own FLAC/DSD files or listening to Tidal Masters, even though the V30+ does the full hardware unfold. (V30+ does still sound excellent too).

I need to do much more listening but even with the easy to drive SE846's I percieve better audio over balanced but even via 3.5mm its superb.

Works flawlessly with my Sony BT remote and recognised both my 512GB Samsung EVO microSD's and the music I have on them. Now going to try with my Fiio BTR3 BT adapter over LDAC.

thanks didn't know they package such trash wireless adapter, I got the shure 846 and I expected everything to be working good to go,

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #2,263 of 9,270
thanks didn't know they package such trash wireless adapter, I got the shure 846 and I expected everything to be working good to go,
I have a few BT adapters and the Shure pack-in version is the worst I've heard. For ~£50 you cant beat the BTR3.

I seem to have better connectivity between M11/BTR3. I do get some drop outs with V30+/BTR3 if body gets in the way.

If you want a BT with balanced you cant beat the ES100.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #2,264 of 9,270
yes, still it is :) that's why I'm waiting for future M13 (or whatever it will be called) with such impatience
It all depends on your budget. Money no object, I’m sure the new FiiO flagship will probably shake up the high-end of the dap market, just like the M11 has shaken up the likes of iBasso and HiBy. But if you have, for example, a ‘modest’ budget of $1000 for a decent mobile rig, I’d much rather spend that on the M11 and a good set of IEMs (FH7, R1 Zenith) than an M13 (assuming what that will be called) and have very little left over for decent IEMs. Having said all that I agree the M11 should be anyone’s choice over the X7 II at this stage, especially with the new flagship on the way. I consider the M11 a high-end dap, and the M13 will be summit.

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2,265 of 9,270
Oh, I also got the base version of the Fiio 4.4mm cable today with my M11 and for the £22 I paid for it, its great quality build.

I can't say I hear differences with cables and I've had the highly regarded Sony Kimber 4.4mm (nearly £200 new!). I'd say you won't get a better 4.4mm cable anywhere for this price, though I am tempted to try the pure silver Fiio at some point.

Closer-up photo

20190607_125306.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back