[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 5, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,146 of 9,270
I'm running into some issues with balanced out.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
  1. Play something with FiiO player out of balanced port (in my case 2.5mm)
  2. Stop or pause music
  3. Press power button and wait to let it go to mute
  4. Disconnect 2.5mm connector
  5. Press power button, swipe to bring back player
  6. Connect 2.5mm
  7. Press play

I always get a short but very loud screeching buzz that is almost deafening.

I wonder if it's just me or someone else run into this? TIA.

Edited: Player doesn't seem to matter.

Well, I cleared and reset the device and all seems fine now. I guess fiddling with apps and such caused a glitch in balanced out. Hoping this doesn't happen again!

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #2,147 of 9,270
When trying to import a playlist a location to look for the file cant be selected rendering the import function useless.

Juj

Jun 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #2,148 of 9,270
My friend doesn't believe me that this sounds better than his phone because he couldn't tell a difference using his AirPods :triportsad:

Just have to chalk it up to different strokes and expectations. I mean, yea, he was using AirPods, but at the same time, if his phone/AirPod combo does the trick for him, you can't really fault him for it. I personally don't know anyone who gives a s*** about any of this besides me.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #2,152 of 9,270
-The ordering is wrong when you're using DISCNUMBER / TRACKNUMBER standard tags. For example if you have two albums (discs 1 and 2) with 10 tracks each, you're ordering by track and ignoring the disc. The correct order should by Order DISC -> Order TRACK. Also the leading zeros should't be taken in account.

Out of curiosity, how do you have your tags/metadata? Just trying to gauge whether this will be an issue for me. For example, I have Metallica's S&M live album, with the first track in the folder as "1-01 The Ecstasy Of Gold" (disc number, song number, title) and I have both discs under the same S&M album umbrella as opposed to S&M [Disc 1] and S&M [Disc 2], as I've seen other people do it. Does your metadata on the files include disc numbers as well? (I'll attach an image to show you what I mean by that) I don't have a ton of multi-disc albums, but it'd still be disappointing if I'd have to mess with my current (perfect) tagging system.

Untitled.jpg

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #2,155 of 9,270
Many times I sit back and envy people like that. Its not a bad thing. I mean your friend is happy with his deal, and he saves a ton of money in the long run. :thumbsup:

The nice dual dacs and balanced power and clean amplification are out of the loop when bluetooth is used. It's just the BT transmitter chip, everything is handled in the earbuds (amplification, decoding) so for all intent and purposes he's really not listening to the m11 at all.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #2,156 of 9,270
My video review is up:

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #2,157 of 9,270
No you're absolutely right, different headphones are the way to go for getting the maximum change in the sound signature. It's the best place to spend your money. There are a crazy number of good inexpensive Chinese iems too.

Lots of great gear for a decent value.

The dap game, no you don't ever make out on that. There's always something newer and more shiney with more to play with. Most with higher prices and very limited if any sonic improvements.

Unfortunately I am not an iem guy, I am to prone to ear infections to wear them. I am strictly a headphone guy, but yeah I buy DAP's based on power, battery life and features. I buy the headphones to get the sound I want. It is the main reason I don't have a bunch of DAP's, I just don' see the need for it once I find the best headphones for me. I love the Viso HP50's so much I bought a second backup pair. Thanks to an amazing closeout deal I got them for $98 each CDN vs $339 each regular price. I won't be needing new headphones for a very long time and can now focus on DAP's going forward.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #2,158 of 9,270
Unfortunately I am not an iem guy, I am to prone to ear infections to wear them. I am strictly a headphone guy, but yeah I buy DAP's based on power, battery life and features. I buy the headphones to get the sound I want. It is the main reason I don't have a bunch of DAP's, I just don' see the need for it once I find the best headphones for me. I love the Viso HP50's so much I bought a second backup pair. Thanks to an amazing closeout deal I got them for $98 each CDN vs $339 each regular price. I won't be needing new headphones for a very long time and can now focus on DAP's going forward.
Me too when I found my headphone I bought back ups. The Fiio 11 pushed my TH900 pretty easily in 4.4.
20190326_184410.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back