[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 22, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #1,321 of 9,288
Just noticed that advanced-mp3-players have pushed back the restocking date from 24/5 to 07/06. Does anyone know if our pre-orders going to be further delayed or is there a second pre-order batch that one ?

Also pre-ordered from aMP3. I think the only ones who know when we'll get the player are FiiO, they never have an official date. Just a "End of May" which got changed to "Mid June" later.

I'll PM you if I get some shipping notification but I doubt we'll get anything before 2 or 3 weeks min.

May 22, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #1,325 of 9,288
I laughed myself when Chris mentioned that bass bleeding thing. I was wondering who the hell was that.
That screen looks really awesome and the best in that budget by a long shot and best FiiO ever made.
WELL DONE FiiO!!!!

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #1,326 of 9,288

Unboxing video by the fellow member Hawaiibadboy .

Dont care for unboxing videos, 26 minutes of waffle over an unboxing What?

Full review is where its at. This guy rarely seems to bother with actually delivering full reviews for Fiio DAPs (see Fiio m6, and m9 reviews which never appeared, despite promising them, and repeated calls for the reviews).

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #1,327 of 9,288
Well reviews take a long time to come up with, and becomes easily out of date when new equipments get released. We can't just expect reviewers to deliver reviews just because we want them. They do have a choice, jsut as how we have the choice to look at other reviews.

May 22, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #1,328 of 9,288
Well reviews take a long time to come up with, and becomes easily out of date when new equipments get released. We can't just expect reviewers to deliver reviews just because we want them. They do have a choice, jsut as how we have the choice to look at other reviews.

Hi. I see you have some Tonekings. I can’t find a hifi thread for them. Anyways what are your impressions? Looking at the Nine Tails right now, both in itself and maybe compared to Moondrop KPE. Thanks

May 22, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,330 of 9,288
I am on the fence between the M11 and the Ibasso DX220. I know the CPU and interface looks better on the FIIO but i feel that the DX220 with the AMP8 module is about as close to desktop quality sound you can get for the price. But for the price you can buy the M11 and the Q5s with the THX module.

May 22, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,331 of 9,288
Hi. I see you have some Tonekings. I can’t find a hifi thread for them. Anyways what are your impressions? Looking at the Nine Tails right now, both in itself and maybe compared to Moondrop KPE. Thanks
Hmm I don't own the ninetails though. I mainly had the earbuds from toneking such as the tomahawk and now TP16. So far I'm quite pleased with toneking in general. I have seen pretty positive reviews for the ninetails as well (search around the forum).

I like tunable iem so I already have the flc8s and the LZA4. I'm tempted to get the ninetails too!

May 22, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,332 of 9,288
I am on the fence between the M11 and the Ibasso DX220. I know the CPU and interface looks better on the FIIO but i feel that the DX220 with the AMP8 module is about as close to desktop quality sound you can get for the price. But for the price you can buy the M11 and the Q5s with the THX module.

I believe M13 will be released by the end of the summer. No high end player that fiio offers at the moment; like a joke!

May 22, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #1,335 of 9,288
Hopefully we see something on the M13 before the M11 hits the stores in the states so we can make a better purchasing decision. I was set for the M6 until the M11 reared its head.
I doubt that’ll happen. FiiO won’t want to hijack potential M11 sales, especially since it’s selling like hotcakes already. I’m curious myself to see what the M13 (and rumored M15) will bring, now that FiiO has ruled out any more players with amp modules. I expect a dap with ~1W output power and dual Sabre dacs, though the Sabre sound is not always my cup of tea. Also expect more onboard storage (though likely with only 1 SD slot), perhaps a slightly better screen. I also don’t think we’ll see Android 8 or 9 as FiiO will likely stay with the Exynos 7872 for the higher end daps as well (you really don’t need more processing power than that), the compromise being Android will be stuck at Nougat. So really extra power to properly drive desktop headphones and perhaps a more robust dedicated higher end audio circuit are the only things they could conceivably add to make it appealing As an upgrade over the M11.

PS. At least we’ll be getting a balanced Bluetooth receiver as a proper upgrade to the BTR3 in July. The M5 is not the ‘upgraded’ we needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back