[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #991 of 9,288
Actually 3GB RAM is not for storage. That’s for the CPU. 32GB RAM is for storage, and indeed it’s more than enough for as many apps as you can muster! If you’re filling up 32GB with apps, I think you’re using the wrong device for purpose :wink:
That’s what I meant. 32gb. I had a bunch crap in Dropbox, downloaded stuff with some streaming apps. And deleted some other apps that free’d up a bunch of space. Moved everything back to the main storage. Reformatted the 256g as a removable portable drive instead. Then the update installed.

May 2, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #992 of 9,288
Actually 3GB RAM is not for storage. That’s for the CPU. 32GB RAM is for storage, and indeed it’s more than enough for as many apps as you can muster! If you’re filling up 32GB with apps, I think you’re using the wrong device for purpose :wink:
I dunno, I have 11.8tb of music in my collection and will move some of it to this dap. But obviously not all. But I chose this dap since I can use Dropbox, YouTube vanced, prime video, Netflix etc.
otherwise I had been using iPhoneX 256gb which is currently full and wished it could expand.

May 2, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #993 of 9,288
I dunno, I have 11.8tb of music in my collection and will move some of it to this dap. But obviously not all. But I chose this dap since I can use Dropbox, YouTube vanced, prime video, Netflix etc.
otherwise I had been using iPhoneX 256gb which is currently full and wished it could expand.
I don’t have quite as many music files but still way more than I can carry, and I only listen to flac files. I got the M11 because it supported Plex, which means I can stream my own files anywhere I go, around the house or around the world. Trying to get all my music into one device is impossible, but between streaming, Tidal and local storage, I’ll always have my own music on the go. Couldn’t do that with the M9, hence the switch.

May 2, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #994 of 9,288
I don’t have quite as many music files but still way more than I can carry, and I only listen to flac files. I got the M11 because it supported Plex, which means I can stream my own files anywhere I go, around the house or around the world. Trying to get all my music into one device is impossible, but between streaming, Tidal and local storage, I’ll always have my own music on the go. Couldn’t do that with the M9, hence the switch.
Good point... I was hoping I could get JRemote on the m11 but can’t find an apk for it. I’m really bummed out. As I have it for the iPhone and works well. I should consider Plex as I’ve used it for movies but never really audio. Maybe another good option! I’m still trying to get used to this dap.

May 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #995 of 9,288
Good point... I was hoping I could get JRemote on the m11 but can’t find an apk for it. I’m really bummed out. As I have it for the iPhone and works well. I should consider Plex as I’ve used it for movies but never really audio. Maybe another good option! I’m still trying to get used to this dap.
Plex is really amazing. I use it for movies and TV shows, and now music too. It streams flac files perfectly (lossless over Wi-Fi), and is also fast and responsive. Best of all you can set it up on the M11, phone, TV...as long as they all connect to the same Plex server they’re all synced. And it’s free. Single best reason for me to switch to the M11.

May 2, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #997 of 9,288
Not sure, will check it out later. I did Try some I found but maybe this one is good.

May 2, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #999 of 9,288
Only got mine this week but I can say that so far it sounds more neutral/detailed/refined than the slightly warmer M9. It also drives the HD800 reasonably well, something the M9 couldn’t do. And the fact that you can use several different music apps with different capabilities means you can portentously get better/different sound with current and possibly future software as well, something the M9 can’t do. Poweramp, which I’m testing now, sounds quite different from FiiO Music, for example, and has so many fine tuning options you can almost tune the sound however you want.

But yes, out the box and stock, more detailed/refined/neutral, but still a hair warm of neutral with the FiiO FH5.
Thanks for the update!
It's interesting that this thread sounds more like a mobile phone review page than a dap looking at the sound and how competent it is.

It does reflect the increasing importance of the user experience over that of sound, which at the baseline would likely to be rather competent already.

May 2, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #1,000 of 9,288
Probably related to previous discussion (or not), the first microSD cards I used were Samsung EVO+ and have been corrupted just few days. I tried to format them on my M11 and it just didn't go well. Replaced them with Sandisk microSD cards and so for so good.

The reason I used Samsung cards in the first place is I had better experience with them on my Galaxy Phones and Surface Pro 3. I had two Sandisk cards that were corrupted in those devices.

May 2, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #1,001 of 9,288
Has anyone tried DLNA?

May 3, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #1,002 of 9,288
Probably related to previous discussion (or not), the first microSD cards I used were Samsung EVO+ and have been corrupted just few days. I tried to format them on my M11 and it just didn't go well. Replaced them with Sandisk microSD cards and so for so good.

The reason I used Samsung cards in the first place is I had better experience with them on my Galaxy Phones and Surface Pro 3. I had two Sandisk cards that were corrupted in those devices.
I have read a bit on the Samsung sdxc’s and understand they are the most commonly counterfeit items. And there are models specific for amazon.com as well as regional models. Worth looking into before purchasing. The fake ones are known to fail which is probably expected when it’s fake. But curious if you knew about the fake ones and how to spot them.

May 3, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #1,004 of 9,288
Call me OCD, but has anyone else noticed the incorrect use of the word ‘Audios’ instead of ‘Audio’ in Settings? Drives me nuts every time I see it. @JamesFiiO please can you ask the engineers to fix that in the next firmware run?

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #1,005 of 9,288
Yeah, I already have a 2.5 balanced cable from the FH1 I lost last summer. Do you think it will be better if I buy another one but 4.4 or a better cable?
Well, I'm not experienced at all on cable upgrading so I would go for an official 4.4 for FH1, but that's my personal mind. Anyone here that may help our friend here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back