[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 6, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #7,681 of 9,287
Many many users do not need Google Play Services and appreciate a Google free DAP with long battery life.
Hopefully people (and @FiiO) would run battery life tests, to provide guidance on how much adding Google Play Services affects battery life...

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #7,682 of 9,287
Is the patch based on the hack? Why are you offering the patch AFTER the hack not before @FiiO?
Are you really serious?
Probably to stop people getting it from "other" sites, or perhaps some fiio users were not aware of it's existence?

Mar 6, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #7,685 of 9,287
Oh the Pro is worth it! I had the M11 and while that's very good indeed, the Pro is next level. I didn't notice for it running hot at all. Money well spent especially if you have sensitive low impedance IEMs.
Thanks for your opinion. I don't use iems, but why did you say that? Does the M11 have background noise problems with very sensitive drivers?

Also, in quickly looking at the M11 amp specs, it looks like my X5ii might be significantly better at driving full size than the M11 single-ended. Can that be? I'd hate to go backwards on such an important function for me. (None of the headphones that I use with a DAP have balanced cables.)

Mar 6, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #7,686 of 9,287
Does the M11 have background noise problems with very sensitive drivers?
There was some hiss with K10 U. Pitch black with he Pro though.

I don't know what headphones are using but unless they're some planars that need small nuclear reactors to power up, the Pro or the vanilla M11 won't have a problem driving everything you've got. However, given the fact that both Fiio DAPs are better balanced (more power, better SQ), can't see the point using them with any headphones that are not good enough enough to work in balanced mode.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #7,687 of 9,287
However, the UUAP application, which is the application that we all would like to have in operation, is not compatible.
If we look for it in the Play Store, it does not appear in the search, and if we link it from outside from a web page for example, a message comes out that this app is not compatible with the device.

I tried downloading an apk, installed it in that way and registered it through the Google Play Services, the app opens, but it works badly: the album view does not fit the screen, instead of squares, the albums have rectangular shapes and everything looks stretched.
Regarding the sound, it does not detect the internal DAC, and reproduces the audio through Android, with the limitation of resampling everything to 44.1.
It is frustrating to know that although we now have google play services functional, the app has yet to be developed to include the M11.

If anyone is interested, I can upload screenshots of how bad the application looks on the M11.

I am not experiencing the problems you mention. I used an apk exporter to take the UAPP version on my phone to install on the M11 and it's working perfectly including internal DAC recognition and displaying fine....

A real game changer for me, having UAPP on the M11 :)

20200307_065010.jpg

20200307_064927.jpg

Attachments

• 20200307_064927 (Medium).jpg
    20200307_064927 (Medium).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #7,688 of 9,287
Not sure if its been posted here but there's an update to the M11 allowing

I am not experiencing the problems you mention. I used an apk exporter to take the UAPP version on my phone to install on the M11 and it's working perfectly including internal DAC recognition and displaying fine....

A real game changer for me, having UAPP on the M11 :)

20200307_065010.jpg

20200307_064927.jpg
Sorry to tell you but the DAC of the M11 is not supported by UAPP. Once you select HiRes Direct you get a warning that it may not be supported, which unfortunately it's not. Like many others I have inquired about support from the app developer and it seems without play store access they have little interest.

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #7,689 of 9,287
... Once you select HiRes Direct you get a warning that it may not be supported...
I am not getting any warnings, moreover i'm getting Direct: 192kHz with 24/192k files whereas I'm getting Direct: 44.1k coming up if I switch to using Android driver in settings.

I'm no expert but I think that means It's accessing the DAC directly and correctly if I select the Hires Direct Driver option in my setup.

EDIT: I think it may be I'm having success because I realised I'm using an old version of UAPP - V 4.4.1 which I ripped last year when I got my M11 and tried side loading. Perhaps with newer versions, the direct to dac option has become much more specific, hence the problems you are experiencing.

20200307_090411.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #7,690 of 9,287
Notification about Consumer Communication Activity

Distinguished FiiO users,

In order to better promote our service and user experience, we are planning to conduct a consumer activity in
FiiO-philes club
Members of FiiO Product Council and project managers would be invited to attend this activity. If you have any suggestion or question, please let us know. We would sincerely give a reply in time.

Time: 9 p.m.-11 p.m., 7 March 2020 (Beijing Time)

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 7, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #7,691 of 9,287
There was some hiss with K10 U. Pitch black with he Pro though.

I don't know what headphones are using but unless they're some planars that need small nuclear reactors to power up, the Pro or the vanilla M11 won't have a problem driving everything you've got. However, given the fact that both Fiio DAPs are better balanced (more power, better SQ), can't see the point using them with any headphones that are not good enough enough to work in balanced mode.
Thanks. If course I'm aware that balanced gives better performance, and I would do that where possible. But since that is not always going to possible, I am asking about relative SE performance for the M11 and my X5ii.

X5ii specs say:
436 mW at 16
245 mW at 32
27 mW
Max voltage 8.2 Vp-p

M11 shows:
255 mW at 16
195 mW at 32 (2.5V)
22mW at 300
(don't see any more voltage info)

When traveling I may use any one of HD600, 99 Classics or Focal Clear (no slouches in this list, imho) as single ended and so I'm wondering whether the M11 would be a downgrade from the X5ii, in this one aspect.

I'll add that even with the X5ii I'll usually bring my JDS C5 amp, especially for the HD600 (even the X5ii doesn't drive it to my satisfaction on its own). But I was kinda hoping an upgrade to the M11 would need external amping less often, not more. Ugh. So maybe finding balanced cables for everything is indeed my only option.

(Then again I have been fighting the temptation of the iFi Micro iDSD BL for a year now. Getting this would make all these questions mute, obviously. And not much more $$ than the M11.)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #7,692 of 9,287
@FiiO I contacted the developer of USB Audio Player Pro and they said, that the google PlayStore is misconfigured and it does not support USB host mode. Therefor the App can't be intsalled and it cant use the DAC. Could you look into that. I really hope, that the App will be working with the M11 in the future, because it is able to stream Tidal with an EQ and it's a really great music player.

I know, that the App can be installed with an apk, but as of now the app is not able to make use of the internal DAC

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #7,693 of 9,287
Thanks. If course I'm aware that balanced gives better performance, and I would do that where possible. But since that is not always going to possible, I am asking about relative SE performance for the M11 and my X5ii.

X5ii specs say:
436 mW at 16
245 mW at 32
27 mW
Max voltage 8.2 Vp-p

M11 shows:
255 mW at 16
195 mW at 32 (2.5V)
22mW at 300
(don't see any more voltage info)

When traveling I may use any one of HD600, 99 Classics or Focal Clear (no slouches in this list, imho) as single ended and so I'm wondering whether the M11 would be a downgrade from the X5ii, in this one aspect.

I'll add that even with the X5ii I'll usually bring my JDS C5 amp, especially for the HD600 (even the X5ii doesn't drive it to my satisfaction on its own). But I was kinda hoping an upgrade to the M11 would need external amping less often, not more. Ugh. So maybe finding balanced cables for everything is indeed my only option.

(Then again I have been fighting the temptation of the iFi Micro iDSD BL for a year now. Getting this would make all these questions mute, obviously. And not much more $$ than the M11.)

I don't know if this will help at all, but I'll throw in my two cents:
I had the X5 and X5iii before M11. Always used a second amp (first Cayin C5 then Xduoo Xd05). Loved the sound of my Nighthawks and HE400i from that pairing.
Switched to M11 and then also switched to balanced. No more second amp, this was plenty (for the 400i - Nighthawks didn't pair well so I didn't use them)
My 400i had never sounded better.
Switched up to Ananda, also balanced, fantastic.
Tried the 99 Classics both SE and balanced at Canjam, from the M11. SE was ok, balanced was a revelation. Absolutely stunning.
So I can tell you that M11 balanced plus 99 Classics is a wonderful pairing and you would be wasting your money if you ran them single ended.

Would the iDSD sound better? Not sure. I have the non-portable iFi micro amp and it sounds great with the 'hawks but I prefer the simplicity of Ananda straight out of balanced, and I am addicted to the sound.
As always, I strongly advise an audition if you can - including balanced. Like I said, the 'hawks and the M11 are not as good a match as either the other gear with the M11 or other sources with the 'hawks. So you really want to find out if a new DAP plays well with your existing choices.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #7,694 of 9,287
Hi all.
I have a hiss coming out of the right channel of my M11 involving both the 2.5 ballanced and the 3.5 output. It is a clearly heard fluctuating hissing sound and it is there using various IEMs. It is heard when no music is being played, when I merely have the headphones plugged in and in between the music tracks. I have the M11 for 6 months and this is something occuring for the past few weeks.
Any thoughts?

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #7,695 of 9,287
I don't know if this will help at all, but I'll throw in my two cents:
I had the X5 and X5iii before M11. Always used a second amp (first Cayin C5 then Xduoo Xd05). Loved the sound of my Nighthawks and HE400i from that pairing.
Switched to M11 and then also switched to balanced. No more second amp, this was plenty (for the 400i - Nighthawks didn't pair well so I didn't use them)
My 400i had never sounded better.
Switched up to Ananda, also balanced, fantastic.
Tried the 99 Classics both SE and balanced at Canjam, from the M11. SE was ok, balanced was a revelation. Absolutely stunning.
So I can tell you that M11 balanced plus 99 Classics is a wonderful pairing and you would be wasting your money if you ran them single ended.

Would the iDSD sound better? Not sure. I have the non-portable iFi micro amp and it sounds great with the 'hawks but I prefer the simplicity of Ananda straight out of balanced, and I am addicted to the sound.
As always, I strongly advise an audition if you can - including balanced. Like I said, the 'hawks and the M11 are not as good a match as either the other gear with the M11 or other sources with the 'hawks. So you really want to find out if a new DAP plays well with your existing choices.
That is very helpful input indeed -- thank you. Between your response and sabloke's, I'm starting to understand that I might be coming at this the wrong way. Though the M11 may in fact have a little less balls than the X5ii in SE mode, that subtle difference in perfomance pales when compared to the improvements that can be achieved with the M11 in balanced mode. Or is that an overstatement?

So that leads me to another thought: are there any of M11 users who are also HD600 fans and got a balanced cable for it? I'd love to hear how that is. I had been loving my 600's for years with portable SE amps (JDS C5 being the best one I've had). But when i got my first desktop amp it was almost like hearing the 600's for the first time (still SE, mind you). It completely opened my eyes. That's why I have had the iDSD Micro BL on my mind lately: trying to replicate that desktop performance while away from my desktop system. But NOW I'm wondering how close i can get to that sound with a DAP like the M11 in balanced mode. Would certainly be simpler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back