[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #7,186 of 9,288
I have the same issue with a looooong time..!! (Upto an hour) rebuilding database 25k files. But it plays aac without problem, well, 50% satisfaction will do for now..!!
I also have this same issue... sometimes it takes over an hour with 512GB + 400GB cards installed.

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #7,187 of 9,288
My M11 with a dead 3.5mm output port is back to the retailer and will be replaced soon, I hope. Looking at possibly getting it replaced with a Pro version since I'm so curious to see what's different. Don't need the second micro SD slot as I mostly stream Tidal byt MQA decoding would surely come in handy. The jury is still out on Pro being $200 worth better than the M11 but I'm willing to find out for myself. What do you guys think?

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #7,189 of 9,288
Tital on FiiO M11 is broken since the last update. It only plays one song at a time, then stops, at least on play lists. And yes, I have the settings so that it is supposed to keep playing.
Further, sometimes it'll be positioned at the beginning of the track, but pressing play doesn't start the play, even with repeated attempts. Dragging the play progress indicator a bit starts it playing. Until it reaches the end of the track, then it's quiet again. Grrr.

I haven't figured out how to submit a complaint to tidal yet.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #7,191 of 9,288
Tital on FiiO M11 is broken since the last update. It only plays one song at a time, then stops, at least on play lists. And yes, I have the settings so that it is supposed to keep playing.
Further, sometimes it'll be positioned at the beginning of the track, but pressing play doesn't start the play, even with repeated attempts. Dragging the play progress indicator a bit starts it playing. Until it reaches the end of the track, then it's quiet again. Grrr.

I've had the issue with playlist for awhile now.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #7,192 of 9,288

This problem is not related to Fiio M11, I am forcing it on my OnePlus 6 too. This is a Tidal-internal problem.

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #7,194 of 9,288
Hey all, I'm a longtime reader but just joined today. I used to have a gen2 X5 which fell and broke earlier this year; is the M11 better equipped or at least comparable in terms of the circuitry, components, and sound quality? I'm really impressed with the build quality and features but don't know how my old X5 ii compares to what is out today. I'm using a set of Audio Technica IM04s and used to pair the X5Ii with an E12.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #7,195 of 9,288
Hey all, I'm a longtime reader but just joined today. I used to have a gen2 X5 which fell and broke earlier this year; is the M11 better equipped or at least comparable in terms of the circuitry, components, and sound quality? I'm really impressed with the build quality and features but don't know how my old X5 ii compares to what is out today. I'm using a set of Audio Technica IM04s and used to pair the X5Ii with an E12.

Chalk and cheese mate. I have the X3ii and M11 and the X5ii is similar style to the X3ii, but there's no comparision between these really old devices and the M11. It's like comparing a Nokia 3210 with a Samsung S10 :)

Nov 22, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #7,198 of 9,288
Does anyone know how we can achieve 50 days of standby? I left mine sitting for 20 hours and it's already at 93% from 100% with an estimation of 7 days of battery life. It's way worse than my phone, I wasn't expecting that. Does deep sleep mean power off / shut down?

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #7,199 of 9,288
Does anyone know how we can achieve 50 days of standby? I left mine sitting for 20 hours and it's already at 93% from 100% with an estimation of 7 days of battery life. It's way worse than my phone, I wasn't expecting that. Does deep sleep mean power off / shut down?
Lol, I think it's 50 *hours* of standby you can expect (2 days). I generally charge mine once every 3 days, using it to play music much of the day, and turning it off at night. Though I have had good behavior most nights with it on standby at night, once in a while it will go crazy while I'm sleeping and use up the battery. Whether that's while downloading Tidal stuff or what I don't know.

It is a very power hungry device. Personally I find the most intense power consumption to be when I'm using the display. If you press play and forget it, it isn't that bad. If you're using "all to DSD" output, expect much more power consumption.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #7,200 of 9,288
Lol, I think it's 50 *hours* of standby you can expect (2 days). I generally charge mine once every 3 days, using it to play music much of the day, and turning it off at night. Though I have had good behavior most nights with it on standby at night, once in a while it will go crazy while I'm sleeping and use up the battery. Whether that's while downloading Tidal stuff or what I don't know.

It is a very power hungry device. Personally I find the most intense power consumption to be when I'm using the display. If you press play and forget it, it isn't that bad. If you're using "all to DSD" output, expect much more power consumption.
Look at the fiio website and you’ll see that they are promoting 50 days of standby or 1200 hours. I really want to know how we are supposed to achieve that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back