[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 18, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #6,541 of 9,287
Dear friend,

You could try to download the app you mentioned from https://apkpure.com/, then copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M6, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

Best regards
I installed the latest version from APKpure
but amazon music doesn't seem to play anything.

All the app is doing is buffering with nothing playing. Offline or Online mode. Nothing plays. Just buffers.

Is the new version not supported?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #6,542 of 9,287
Sep 18, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #6,543 of 9,287
Does anyone else have issues with the new amazon music app from apkpure?
Didn't have an issue with the older version before Amazon HD rolled out.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #6,544 of 9,287
Uninstalled the updated version on APKpure
reinstalled older version and everything seems to work, but that defeats the purpose of having amazon HD.

@FiiO can you test the HD version on your end?

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #6,546 of 9,287
Worked for me so it's worth a try. Installed from Fiio marketplace - would not work from any other source - APK store or Amazon App Store.
which version are you showing?

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #6,548 of 9,287
That's the version i'm on. But that doesn't download HD/Ultra HD.

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #6,550 of 9,287
Hi guys - apologies for the quick OT intrusion, but I've just officially launched my head-fi blog, the Headonist, along with a companion Facebook page, so trying to spread the head-fi love far and wide. May I be so bold as to ask that you visit and like/follow the Headonist on Facebook - I would greatly appreciate your support as I look to build and grow a like-minded community of head-fi enthusiasts closely linked to the Head-Fi.org community. Thanks in advance!

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #6,551 of 9,287
Hi guys - apologies for the quick OT intrusion, but I've just officially launched my head-fi blog, the Headonist, along with a companion Facebook page, so trying to spread the head-fi love far and wide. May I be so bold as to ask that you visit and like/follow the Headonist on Facebook - I would greatly appreciate your support as I look to build and grow a like-minded community of head-fi enthusiasts closely linked to the Head-Fi.org community. Thanks in advance!

Cool look forward to the read :)

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #6,552 of 9,287
Good work mate.

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #6,553 of 9,287
My M11 and FH7’s are in. This is my first real DAP and my experience with Android is limited at best. Will there be a big learning curve to navigate around the unit and what should I set up first as for the unit’s configuration? I’ll be running 4.4 balance with the upgrade cable I bought. To say the least I’m stoked!

Look for me to back with many questions because you guys and gals have the knowledge I seek!

Peace!

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #6,554 of 9,287
My M11 and FH7’s are in. This is my first real DAP and my experience with Android is limited at best. Will there be a big learning curve to navigate around the unit and what should I set up first as for the unit’s configuration? I’ll be running 4.4 balance with the upgrade cable I bought. To say the least I’m stoked!

Look for me to back with many questions because you guys and gals have the knowledge I seek!

Peace!
The M11 is my first android experience too. General usage is intuitive enough, but I wish I could say that for the apps. Both the FiiO music player and the Tidal music player are basically the same experience. On every screen, poke and swipe every doodad and corner and see what happens. Rinse, lather, repeat, until you can remember 40% of it.

It's a horrible software user experience, but perhaps that's the android way. The Tidal app is slightly less horrible than the FiiO app.

The M11 is still all I hoped it would be, even if the app experience is lame (I do software for a living, perhaps I'm pickier). My biggest complaint about the FiiO app to date is that I don't *think* it does incremental detection of deletions from my SD card, but I could be wrong about that. Enjoy your M11.

Sep 18, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #6,555 of 9,287

Peace!
Welcome to the club. You have one of the best pairings reasonable money can buy right now. Ask away and this community will reply in kind, and enjoy the journey! My advice - keep it simple. Load your best music, get FiiO Music to index it, and just sit back and enjoy the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back