1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427
429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438
Next

Last
  1. totozero53
    Sure, hardware settings :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I left Dop unchecked to maintain dsp active (EQ and crossfeed) and let neutron do the conversion from DSD to PCM. It's possible to play DSD untouched with DoP but you'll loose all processing settings.

You can check input and outpout while playing a song which is nice !
    See the file input ? 1 bit 2.8mhz 5.6 Mpbs DPCM64 (that's DSD64)

[​IMG]

If you tap the 3 vertical dots on bottom right it will show you what the player is sending to the DAC.

[​IMG]

More to come for other settings, screengrabbing is really a PITA :wink:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. simon740
    thank you

3. totozero53
    In settings main window, I only enabled 64 bit processing for better handling of the DSP process.
    Replay gain (I don't use it) and AGP (I've hardly seen any music i own clip) are disabled.
    Resample is set on audiophile setting, I don't know if it's active when converting dsd to pcm but for the sake of my mind,..
    Remember as well "follow source frequency" button was set in "audio hardware" thus there will be no oversamping process added and the dac will follow native sampling of the file (44.1, 88.2 etc...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SoundChoice likes this.
  4. DjBobby
    Thank you very much for the support. will do it.

5. magina35
    I'm sorry but the links of the pictures are broken on my end.

6. totozero53
    That should fix it.
    Dropbox acts weird sometimes when hotlinking.

7. totozero53
    Now for DSP
    The ones I use are crossfeed (depending on the album) and Pmeq

- EQing if you want to do some :
    Go to settings and eq presets. Choose how many bands you want to, as for me I chose a 5 band parametric for my Iems.
    Remember you can create as many custom presets as you want and call them on the fly.
    A whole bunch of presets are already there though.

[​IMG]

Then go to main setting window and choose DSP effect. From here you'll choose which DSP to run.

[​IMG]

This is the parametric EQ I apply, don't copy it, it's just for showing what it looks like ^^

[​IMG]

And crossfeed.
    The settings I put here are pretty conservative and close to Meier values but to my ears they work well, depending on your taste/headphones YMMV.

[​IMG]

Finally while playing music you can switch from "playing now window" to a nice histogram window with DSP on/off buttons.

[​IMG]

That should cover the main technical settings, the other ones are more of cosmetic nature (UI skinning) or user preferences and should be self explanatory enough from their own menus.

8. totozero53
  9. pepitomanaloto
    In terms of SQ? Which is better between the m11 and q5s?

Leetransform25 likes this.
  10. Sven2015
    Does anyone use Neutron in comb. with LDAC? ALSO Neutron makes trouble with the BT module. Maybe it can resolved with the latency settings.....

FiiO is a funny comany...fixed just the SBC / LDAC view but not the micro gaps in all of the players!
    In my mind. The whole Samsung SoC incl. BT module sucks!
    M7 / M9 and M11 are making trouble until today and FiiO does not fix it!

11. atrappV
    I can't figure out how to transfer music to the M11 via USB from a Win 10 pc - did I miss something?
    TIA

Toby
    Disregard - found the driver...

12. Leetransform25
    Also wondering this as well, I did hear they're about on par with each other

13. fablestruck
    Anybody using the Shure se846?
    I tried a balanced 2,5 mm cable and while I feel it adds a little to their clarity and forwardness I heard a noticable hiss and some 'crackling' noises.
    My question is: given their 9ohm nominal impedance is there any point in using the balanced cable? And also is there any danger of damaging them with the balanced cable?
    I tried also the same cable with the se535 Ltd edition without any issues.

14. The Frenchman
    Hi,

this way : https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/184405.html

Regards

15. sabloke
    M11Scr_4.png

OK, this 3.5 mm dead port issue is driving me nuts. The icon to the left (circle with dot) is on regardless of the output I'm in or if a balanced headphone is being plugged in or not. What is that about? Nothing in the manual about it. The 3.5 mm port is always dead, regardless of the PO, LO or SPDIF mode and that bloody circle & dot icon is also always on. I have updated to the beta firmware and even reset to factory settings. Still no sound via 3.5 mm. I should have spent a a bit more and get that discounted A&K SP100... Damn it!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
First

Back
418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427
429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438
Next

Last