1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426
428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437
Next

Last
  1. Shawnb
    Just grabbed myself a M11. What are some of the must have apps that I should get? It's been a long time since I used Android so don't know what's good anymore. Will be my first real DAP.

jmills8 likes this.
  2. jdtenny
    You may not need anything. While the FiiO player often drives me nuts, the only other thing I use so far is Tidal, as I try the 60 day free trial. As for why the FiiO app drives me nuts, for now I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and assuming it's my cluelessness about how to make it do what I want. I find Android apps to be less than intuitive, nothing more than a collection of clicking to find functionality until I get lucky. It's like an easter egg hunt, and not in a good way.

showme99 likes this.
  3. FiiO
    Dear friend,

Could you please share more information to us via email support@fiio.com. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com http://fiio.udesk.cn/im_client/?web_plugin_id=24494&group_id=47899&language=en-us
  4. Airsculpture
    FiiO music is ok, but I find the EQ lacking.

Since buying the M11 I’ve been very happy with Poweramp as my go to player

SoundChoice likes this.
  5. SoundChoice
    Poweramp for playing files

Spotify for streaming

Tidal for hi-def streaming

iSyncr for syncing with iTunes (Win)

6. salla45
    I use Cloudplayer as it gives me access to my cloud based music and allows for Chromecast streaming which the fiio player doesn't.

Otherwise I stick to the Fiio player as I don't like Neutron's interface at all, and it's the only player apart from Neutron which avoids Android messing about with the sound. I'd love to see UAPP but it's not avl outside the Store.

7. Sonic-Debris
    Id say try the Hiby player app, I have actually been using over the Fiio music app, the MSEB function is very good at adjusting to your taste, file scan is very fast, and the EQ is pretty robust, free app and very much worth checking out.

8. PapaThrust
    Shawnb said:
    Just grabbed myself a M11. What are some of the must have apps that I should get? It's been a long time since I used Android so don't know what's good anymore. Will be my first real DAP.

I'll 2nd the Hiby suggestion, it's a polished app that works, its in a different league than the Fiio player. The EQ is very responsive and there is a soundfield plugin that is awesome for iems, it's not a gimmick but rather a game changer for getting the sound out of the center of yer noggin.You can add to the playing cue easily.
    Poweramp is also really/equally good, with a great eq that you can name yer presets and assign them. It also has a spatial effect that works wonders.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Sonic-Debris likes this.
  9. Nayparm
    8ce6cd37.jpg

Possible Fiio M11Pro Stainless Steel Version :L3000:

M11Pro will meet you at the Guangzhou Headphones Show tomorrow. At the same time, the stainless steel version of M11Pro will be exhibited too. Some people who saw the real M11Pro SS were very excited. If the feedback is good, we will consider a limited production batch. The ETA will be in November, and the price will be about USD130 higher than the standard version .

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Evoke, Dmitry89 and Jujoe like this.
  10. Jujoe
    Looks nice trying hard to save for M15 but this is tempting :p

Dmitry89 and Nayparm like this.
  11. simon740
    Hello,

anybody use M11 as a music source? So mean line out to amplifier.
    I'm thinking of replacing my diy linux player and topping D30 with M11. Although I sold M11 not long ago :smirk:

12. Shawnb
    Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking of using the Hiby player and will check out PowerAmp as well.

13. totozero53
    Hi, I’ve been fiddling around with mine for some time and experimented with a bunch of apps.

Music related

- Neutron is my goto player, you should try it. It’s a sort of nightmarish experience at first with all options available but once set up, SQ is bar none. Indexing is fast. UI is meh but you can make it look better with some dedication.

- Hiby is nice too and it’s MSEB is an efficient way to tailor your sound on the fly if you’re not comfortable enough to deal with proper EQ. Indexing is fast. Album display is choppy when scrolling.

- Jetaudio plus has all the fancy features you’ll find on Ibasso devices ie BBE, PMEq etc and some cool enhancing sound plugins.
    SQ is on par with Hiby but it doesn’t play DSD files. UI is the nicest of the bunch and it’s smooth as hell (more than Fiio music). Indexing, well not so fast and sometimes stubborn.

Bonus : Like Fiio music all three players bypass Android src for HR content (for instance Onkyo HF doesn’t)

- TuneIn if you’re into radios and podcasts. Been using it for ages, reliable app.

- Deezer for streaming, works well and there’s an alternate app I won’t name here which allows you to store your music from their servers (search on the web or pm if you want info).

Non audio related

- Get rid of Es File explorer as fast as you can for security reasons. Sideload for instance Mixplorer which is secure, fast and free. It has some nice plugins as well which let you edit tag content of your music files. You can’t uninstall Es File but go to settings, apps and disable it from here.

- Zedge is a nice app if you fancy some nice wallpapers on your dashboard

Apps aside, there’s a beta 1.06 firmware floating around. I suggest you install it as it provides a better user experience with Fiio music and more important it fixes a bug that prevented you to remove any widget you may have put on the dashboard.

If you have any questions regarding the settings for the apps I mentioned or the device, feel free to ask.

Cheers.

14. magina35

May I know the settings you change on neutron player? I've been contemplating about buying it. hahaha

15. Jujoe
    I use the M11 as my main player line out to JDS lab Atom its great altho I cant use full size cans just now for medical reasons :frowning2:

First

Back
417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426
428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437
Next

Last