1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411
413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422
Next

Last
  1. kdphan
    Decided to go with the Tia Fourte instead to avoid hissing issues.

2. hldn
    Those are listed as 10ohm. You're gonna be able to notice a lot of hiss specially on "non noisy" music. M11's noise floor is so-so.

krumplib430, kdphan and RikudouGoku like this.
  3. kdphan
    I’m actually not hearing any hiss so far
    Maybe I haven’t gotten to certain tracks that will be more pronounced.

4. hldn
    You should be able to hear it as soon as the DAC is on, even when you play pause, during the first seconds (after some seconds the DAC powers off).

Anyways, it all depends on your hearing. I'm 35 and by no means have perfect hearing (average I'd say), and I'm able to notice hiss with 12ohm and 16ohm IEMs.

5. Airsculpture
    Off topic, but I just received my first IEMs to use with my M11.

Stupid question, is there an easy way to get the rubber end on the IEMs. A trick method maybe ?

Edit - sorted.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  6. kdphan
    checked again and definitely no hiss at all through 2.5mm balanced
    I remember having issues with the andromeda on another dap.
    But not with the tia fourte + M11

EDIT: Listened to a few different tracks and can hear very subtle hiss. Doesn't bother me at all.

hldn likes this.
  7. kinkling
    I received mine two weeks ago and have been (mostly) enjoying it. I really dislike the android-based players (coming from Sony NWZ-A17 and RockBoxed iPods). I have a few questions I can't seem to find official answers for...

Is the charging "smart"? Can you leave the M11 plugged into the USB port on a computer overnight, for example?

Gain LO/HI -- no information on this anywhere. Is it a power boost to the headphone jacks as well, or simply a volume increase? How much db gain in the LO and HI positions?

Battery drain. Do you have to close the Fiio Music or Neutron MP apps entirely to prevent them sucking battery even when the device is sleeping? I listened about three hours last night on a 90% charge, and it was somewhere around 66% when I finished. This morning, the battery was at 18%.

8. RikudouGoku
    That battery drain sounds really weird it drains too much during the night. As for smart charging, almost all modern batteries have it so do not worry

9. jdtenny
    The FiiO user documentation doesn't provide any description of, well pretty much any, options for the general device settings and FiiO music player settings.
    Maybe it's all clear as a bell to you long term DAP users, but I could really use a clue about these options:

From the general device settings for audio:
    What is the effect of the various "lowpass filter mode" settings?

From the FiiO Player App settings:
    What is the effect of the "play through folder" setting?
    What is the "HWA" setting?

FiiO: please provide some documentation on device and app options.

Thanks

10. jdtenny
    I've been trying TIDAL with my M11. Most days it works well, though I'm sure it's the most demanding network application in the house and taxing my poor DSL connection. But some days it just stalls maddeningly to the point of uselessness so that songs go in fits and starts. Maybe the connection problem is on my end, or maybe it's elsewhere.

I sent TIDAL support a query about whether there were controls to make the TIDAL app more aggressive about buffering content, but the responses I got back where either clueless or above my head. Basically they offered nothing about the tidal app that might help, and suggested using DAP settings for buffering (of which I know of none), or using the cloudflare app to help (whatever _that_ would do, I have no idea - and I'm reasonably network savvy, just not Android app savvy).

Any clues from the M11 community? I like to stream Tidal continuously. I don't mind waiting 30 seconds for a bit more pre-buffering between songs, but the random dropouts every minute or two on a long classical piece pretty much make me give up on Tidal, at least for a while.

Again, _most_ days things are fine. But I'm trying to decide whether to pay them $20/month, and if I'm going to lose 2+ days a month to poor connectivity issues then maybe it isn't worth it.

11. gLer
    Keep in mind that many albums/tracks have analogue hiss, which is probably what you’re hearing. Cue the first track of Meiko’s Playing Favorites album for example. If it was the M11’s ‘noise floor’ as @hldn suggests then you should hear hiss on *all* quiet tracks or during play pause, which is not the case. Recorded hiss and noise floor/sensitivity hiss are different things, and I contend the M11 does not suffer from the latter, at least not with any of the IEMs I’ve used with it - and definitely not the FH7. There’s nothing like hiss (recorded or otherwise) to spoil a song for me, so it would be the very first thing I’d notice if it was an issue with the M11.

Jujoe likes this.
  12. gLer
    This happens when your Wi-Fi signal drops below optimal. Make sure you’re in a full strength Wi-Fi signal area. If the signal indicator isn’t on full bars, expect Tidal buffering issues. Par for the course with Wi-Fi and small mobile devices.

13. Jujoe
    Especialy with hifi level music like flac with high kbs its gotta be full signal or else it sucks

14. Zachik
    For a hiss to manifest itself, you'd need a combination of very low impedance IEMs (measured or spec's in Ohms) that are also very sensitive (spec's in dB/mW)...
    Andromeda and Tia Forte are pretty close (13 ohm, 113 dB/mW vs. 10 ohm, 114 dB/mW), so I would expect both to hiss with the M11 (or neither)!

15. BobSmith8901
    I don't know about the Cloudflare app but you could try just changing the DNS setting on your router to use the Cloudflare public DNS and see if it improves. A couple of years ago folks were talking about seeing improvements in Tidal dropouts when they switched to Cloudflare. I use it myself with my crappy DSL and I generally have pretty smooth Tidal performance with my X5III (and it's got worse WiFi than the M11). Of course YMMV.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-cloudflare-dns-1111-service-windows-10-and-router

First

Back
402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411
413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422
Next

Last