[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 17, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #3,166 of 9,288
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think LO is applicable to bluetooth. It only works via the 3.5mm port (SE jack or SPDIF). You can try unchecking the option that says "Adjustable volume at LO" within the Audio settings. But it probably isn't safe via bluetooth, unless you're absolutely sure that the volume level at the receiver is set to safe levels (in case LO via bluetooth works, that is, but I doubt it). Hope this helps. :)

Correct, bluetooth is transmitted by your dap via a bluetooth chip to a receiver and is decoded and amplified at the source ie headphones or speaker, no line level output exists- the daps amp,dac is completely out of the loop.

Sorry, I'm still a little confused--when I said I used Bluetooth for the first time today I meant it was literally the first time I've ever used Bluetooth to connect two devices. (I like the old-school tech) I guess what I meant was, is there a way to output the Bluetooth signal at maximum volume instead of having to turn the volume all the way up when using Bluetooth with a device with its own volume control and then remembering to turn it back down to avoid damaging your hearing when switching back to headphones? Or if not, is this a potential future feature? (@JamesFiiO )

Jun 17, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3,168 of 9,288
Sorry, I'm still a little confused--when I said I used Bluetooth for the first time today I meant it was literally the first time I've ever used Bluetooth to connect two devices. (I like the old-school tech) I guess what I meant was, is there a way to output the Bluetooth signal at maximum volume instead of having to turn the volume all the way up when using Bluetooth with a device with its own volume control and then remembering to turn it back down to avoid damaging your hearing when switching back to headphones? Or if not, is this a potential future feature? (@JamesFiiO

It will remember bluetooth volume, just set it to maximum and it will revert to that volume when you use bluetooth again. It will aldo remember the last volume you used with wired headphones- so you don't need to worry about blowing your eardrums out :wink:

It will remember bluetooth volume, just set it to maximum and it will revert to that volume when you use bluetooth again. It will also remember the last volume you used with wired headphones- so you don't need to worry about blowing your eardrums out

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #3,173 of 9,288
IMG_20190612_125150853.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_125150853.jpg
    IMG_20190612_125150853.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #3,174 of 9,288
Well I received my M11 yesterday and I have to say as my first DAP in years, I think this thing is amazing.
I've got zero interest in using it for anything but audio, so I was never concerned about matters relating to Google Play or Android 7. Less apps the better AFAIK. I'm mostly an iOS user and the UI is fine for me between Tidal, Spotify and the FiiO app. I'm also only using this on full-size headphones and I am more than happy with the power it has. My Aeons, LCD2C, Beyers, Senns are all more than loud enough (sub-100 out of 120) for volume on high gain - and this is on 3.5mm out. Definitely making up some cables for the 4.4mm out once the mailman delivers.

For the price I just couldn't justify anything else from Cayin, iBasso or A&K, I really couldn't. Would think it has them a bit worried personally, especially if FiiO try and keep up with firmware updates.

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #3,175 of 9,288
My biggest complaint is the case that it ships with. It looks gross, feels gross and looks gross. I struggle to take it off and lose a layer of protection, but I just couldn't deal with it any more. I'm going to wait until my leather case shows up.

I'm testing out different images and putting them under the clear case, when I decide on the image I like best I'll find someplace to print it on a vinyl sticker in 2.5 inches by 5 inches. That way I can get the best of both worlds, the protection of the TPU without having the greasy fingerprint issue. Not sure if I can get a custom skin from dbrand or something, I'll do some research. I did see some vinyl decals for iphone 7 which might work with a little bit of trimming.

Here is my current favorite (sorry for the crappy picture)
DarkSide_small.jpg
:

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #3,176 of 9,288
Z1 has a very different sound. Its very warm sounding compared to : 11 , sp1000 , N8 , Paw Gold, dx200 , 220. The z1 leans towards the X5III, imagine that.
Comparing the DMP-Z1 to any other DAP is like comparing a Bugatti Chiron to a Ford Focus.
Yeah they both play music.....but....

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #3,177 of 9,288
I'm testing out different images and putting them under the clear case, when I decide on the image I like best I'll find someplace to print it on a vinyl sticker in 2.5 inches by 5 inches. That way I can get the best of both worlds, the protection of the TPU without having the greasy fingerprint issue. Not sure if I can get a custom skin from dbrand or something, I'll do some research. I did see some vinyl decals for iphone 7 which might work with a little bit of trimming.

Here is my current favorite (sorry for the crappy picture) :
That’s a brilliant idea. I know which image I’d use (same as my wallpaper) but since it’s NSFW I’ll just let you guys use your imaginations :smiling_imp:

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #3,178 of 9,288
Comparing the DMP-Z1 to any other DAP is like comparing a Bugatti Chiron to a Ford Focus.
Yeah they both play music.....but....
If you had all then you have to pick one to go out with.

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #3,179 of 9,288
If you had all then you have to pick one to go out with.
That's the only knock on the DMP-Z1, its not portable. Its surprisingly light though, a 1/3rd of the weight I originally thought it was.
Can Sony bring that quality of playback in a WM1A size??? Maybe someday

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #3,180 of 9,288
Well I received my M11 yesterday and I have to say as my first DAP in years, I think this thing is amazing.
I've got zero interest in using it for anything but audio, so I was never concerned about matters relating to Google Play or Android 7. Less apps the better AFAIK. I'm mostly an iOS user and the UI is fine for me between Tidal, Spotify and the FiiO app. I'm also only using this on full-size headphones and I am more than happy with the power it has. My Aeons, LCD2C, Beyers, Senns are all more than loud enough (sub-100 out of 120) for volume on high gain - and this is on 3.5mm out. Definitely making up some cables for the 4.4mm out once the mailman delivers.

For the price I just couldn't justify anything else from Cayin, iBasso or A&K, I really couldn't. Would think it has them a bit worried personally, especially if FiiO try and keep up with firmware updates.
Exactly my sentiments as an iOS user too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back