1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
Next

Last
  1. Leetransform25
    Do you guys prefer to use the 4.4mm or 2.5mm jack for balanced output? I know sound wise they're identical but I'm curious as to which one you guys like using more

2. fatmanny
    I'm using 4.4

Leetransform25 likes this.
  3. aaf evo
    Much prefer 4.4 myself.

4. Jujoe
    2.5mm M11 is first my first with 4.4mm

Juj

5. Vitandus
    Post #28

According to @WianFiiO:

Dear friend,
    According to Google Play policy, any device that based on Android 7.0 or higher should get GMS certification to use Google Play service. Unfortunately, Google had shut down the GMS certification channel for versions earlier than Android 9.0, which made it impossible for devices running Android 7.0 or 8.0 to use Google Play service.
    It means there is no Play store in M11,but you can download all the free apps on Google play freely from some apps such as APKPure.​

6. Notrix
    That's strange, since the Hiby R6 Pro just recently launched with Android 8.0 and has Google Play (International version sold in the US). The Chinese version launched does not. As a matter of fact, the R6 was recently updated from Android 6.0 to Android 8.0 and has Google Play.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Vitandus likes this.
  7. harpo1
    It launched before this policy went into effect.

8. Notrix
    Duly noted :)

9. Currawong Contributor
    Ha. God I hope people don't think this. I make as many mistakes as anyone else. Hero worship in hobbies such as this is not a good thing. You end up with people gathering followers then using their status to attack people or companies they don't like, often with distorted facts, or sometimes blatant lies.

I'd hope if I'm wrong about something, that somebody will point it out, regardless of any so-called "status" i have.

gLer, showme99, cleg and 1 other person like this.
  10. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Just intro to companies and devices. Next will be sound compare between the 3

FiiO: Dry

Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
    HAL 9000: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Cayin: Passionate

SOUP NAZI: No soup for you! [snaps fingers]
    [cahsier takes George's soup and gives him back his money]

iBasso:

Stormtrooper: "Let me see your identification."
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You don't need to see his identification."
    Stormtrooper: "We don't need to see his identification."
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
    Stormtrooper: "These aren't the droids we're looking for."
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: "He can go about his business."
    Stormtrooper: "You can go about your business."
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Move along."
    Stormtrooper: "Move along. Move along."

gLer, majo123, CactoesGel and 2 others like this.
  11. abitdeef
    The Cayin is like a little chunky monkey.

Hawaiibadboy likes this.
  12. abitdeef
    Survey says 4.4 :) but I'm using 2.5 because I haven't changed my cables yet.

13. fatmanny
    Cool. Getting a free leather case from Fiio :ksc75smile:

14. gLer
    This is not correct. I thought the same, but Google will not make the Google Play Store or Play Services available to any new device without Android 8.1 or higher. Since the Exynos 7872 does not support Google 8+, FiiO has no choice but to implement a modified version of Android 7, which means the M11 can’t be Google-certified. It has nothing do to with Chinese firmware. No doubt there’ll be a root-level hack soon enough that allows you to install a hacked version of Google Play, but none of this will be Kosher and will void your M11 warranty. Personally I’ve not needed Play for anything I use with the M11, though I’m sure there are cases where it would be useful. Interestingly the current A&K megabuck daps don’t support Play either.

15. gLer
    Makes zero difference. I only have 2.5mm cables so that’s what I use. I also have the FiiO 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter cable so I can use 4.4, and do think it’s a better connector, but it’s bulky, so if you do use it I suggest finding one with an angled connector.

First

Back
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
Next

Last