[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 10, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,611 of 9,270
IMG_20190610_162434514.jpg

HD660S sounds fantastic from 4.4 balanced out.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #2,612 of 9,270
Actually I think that’s a fair assessment of some (not all) of your review - which is very comprehensive and well written by the way, especially since English isn’t your first language.

I’m not sure why you won’t entertain comparing the M11 to the iBasso DX220, which at $900 is only $100 more expensive than the R6 Pro and $200 more expensive than the SR15, both of which you’re happy to compare to the M11 and in fact criticize compared to the M11.

If the M11 comes very close to the DX220 sound (which it does) and matches or beats the DX220 in speed and UI (which it does) then I see no problem comparing the two, especially since the DX220 costs TWICE as much as the M11. That means for half the price you might (just might) sacrifice a few percentage points in treble and bass extension but actually get a faster, more fluid dap. How is that not a basis for comparison.

Also, you can’t just say ‘ignore the UI and speed’ when comparing the M11 to the likes of the DX150, because UI and speed are very much integral to the experience and value of a dap. Otherwise you may as well just use a phone with digital out and a portable amp/dac.

That FiiO is challenging the old way of thinking - that spending more always gets you more - is a good thing in my book. I hope the flagship FiiO daps poop all over the so-called industry heavyweights that have been charging way too much for far too long.

PS. Nowhere in your review (and this isn’t just you - most reviewers do this) do you mention the IEM/headphone has a MUCH MUCH bigger impact on actual sound quality than the dap. An Andromeda or R1 Zenith on an M11 is going to make the M11 ‘sound better’ than a FiiO F9 or cheap no-name IEM on a DX220 or AK1000. That’s just fact. Also describing how a song sounds on the dap without specifying which IEM/headphone you used to get that sound is pointless. Again, not just you, so please don’t take that personally.

Very well said! That's what I was trying to get at, we compare things all the time that have different prices.

Jun 10, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #2,613 of 9,270
I don’t mean to be the grammar police, but the correct phrase is ‘passes muster’. Don’t ask me what that means tho! :p

Your absolutely right, that was the horrible gas from WW1. A common mistake I'm sure :wink:

Edit, no that was mustard gas. I'll have to look up passes muster now. Anyhoo you guys know what I means :)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2,614 of 9,270
Thought after listening through balanced connection I wouldn't be interested in SE, but been listening for a few hours now and not in a hurry to swop back. Player is cooler to so battery will probably last longer.

The SE out indeed does sound very good. Maybe a hint of a bigger stage and more upfront treble with balanced but they are very close. And yes even at the same volume the SE should use less juice.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #2,619 of 9,270
****ter about the Tin T2 as read great things was it the cable or the IEM that was borked?

Some people were saying they were having issues with the stock cable if they removed and reconnected it X number of times. I've had mine for 10 or 11 months and it's still working fine, but then I also haven't removed the MMCX cable since I connected it (though I want to upgrade it).

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #2,620 of 9,270
Some people were saying they were having issues with the stock cable if they removed and reconnected it X number of times. I've had mine for 10 or 11 months and it's still working fine, but then I also haven't removed the MMCX cable since I connected it (though I want to upgrade it).
I'm absolutely in love with the 4.4 balanced cable I got. It was only $35 CAD off AliExpress but I stinking love it.

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #2,623 of 9,270
M11 with unused leather case up for sale in the sales forum.

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #2,624 of 9,270
Has anyone has issues with installing MTP driver and android file transfer on iMac from the M11?. My wireless keyboard and Mouse will loose connections sporadically. When it first happen I could not figure it out and doing a search I found others who used Android file transfer app were having the same issue. Once you delete the app all is okay. Not a big deal since you can just as easily put your card into reader and drag and drop files to the card.

Just lost my connection to keyboard and Mouse a minute ago. Im going to try to keep the Android file transfer App in my trash bin to see if that makes a difference since keeping it in my applications folder is a disaster. Too bad because the app does work fine and I don't have to keep taking the card out of the M11 to add music. Wish there was a fix for this app problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back