1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last
  1. abitdeef
    Yes you would hope to get more quality by spending more, doesn't always work out like that:wink:

2. abitdeef
    Yes I said as much myself.

Leetransform25 likes this.
  3. abitdeef
    Yes, big thanks Curra!

4. Jujoe
    Well it just felt like he would not compare to DAP that cost more, Would he have come across the same with a cars with a BIG price gap but same specs? I dont think so.

Juj

5. nlowran
    Sure thing! I'll put something together this week, its been a bit of a process.

6. Leetransform25
    My bad, I haven't seen your post until after sending it :sweat_smile:

abitdeef likes this.
  7. Vitandus
    @Currawong I know some devices max "volume" and then boost on top when pushing over Bluetooth.

AptxHD and LDAC are darn close enough to my ears. Devices should be smart enough to pick the best but doesn't always happen. I like that some headsets will announce the codex, and my Sony Walkman has a quick notification banner on connect.

Currawong likes this.
  8. Jujoe
    I feel that the battery is outstanding only droping to 75% after almost 5 hours, I've playing flac 99% of the time and running my LCD2 Closed in 2.5mm balanced at 75 to 80 on the volume.

On older devices this would have been closed to 50%.

Juj

abitdeef likes this.
  9. abitdeef
    I mean the review is pretty much what I hear and think of m11. I had dx220 and sold it, I actually thought the m11 had more energy and musicality. I guess maybe you could say the dx220 was more reference? Idk It sure didn't sound 'better' to my ears. But hey that's with my ears and own gear.

I mean you have to listen to this stuff yourself if possible, Paul said the m11 has better control in the bass than sr15, and I agree.... But we have someone else saying m11 lows sounds like bass soup, not defined compared to sr15. Who is right?

Well your own ears are right. :) I fo Everybody agrees fiio has raised the bar value wise here. I mean I can't say the m11 is really lacking in any area, it's got quirks but all daps do. I was thinking about checking out the new cayin n6ii, but then I thought let's see what fiio does with m11 pro and m13, I bet they're both under a grand.

Honestly if I'm smart I stick with m11, and save up and buy some 18 driver iems :wink: lol Or at least sample some chi fi's.

Ojisan likes this.
  10. abitdeef
    Oh no, you said it better :) I just said maybe get a phone. Why spend money for dual dacs, powerful, amps, nice caps and good clean output if you're only going to use bt.

I was agreeing with you:) if all I wanted to drive was bluetooth headphones my trusty m6 and phone both do that well, m6 is more portable though.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  11. Jujoe
    Defo its EACH to there own.

M11 is now here for 1 year or else I might wake up with a ball missing.

Looking for new IEM tho FH5 upgrade time :) but holding off on the FH7 dont wanna blow 450 when it might be bested by something half the price (BGVP - DM7) lol

Juj

12. fatmanny
    You currently have the FH5? I'm debating whether or not to go with the FH5 or the FH7 when it comes time to get a pair of actually good IEMs. I'm happy with the T20...for now. But they can't do balanced, which is an issue for me since I got the M11 so I went to the Tin T2 with a 4.4 connection. The downside is I'm broke :triportsad:

13. Jujoe
    Aye FH5 love em but after LCD2 closed and Philips x2 in the house they feel meh when I need to go out and about.

****ter about the Tin T2 as read great things was it the cable or the IEM that was borked?

just reread your broke lolz aint it the game tho

Juj

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  14. abitdeef
    There is no shortage of new and value priced iems on the market. I wish there was a store that even stocked a couple of nice chi fi's around me to try. Otherwise if I get one and don't like it I either have to return it- can be a hassle or sell it and lose some dosh.

And then there's the fit...

15. fatmanny
    Two kids, low paying job, mortgage, M11. Life goes on, eh?

emrelights1973 and DrKrFfXx like this.
First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last