1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
Next

Last
  1. bumbum
    Guys is it possible that SE out sounds better than BO with same iem's on my m11? Or it's placebo...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. gLer
    Depends on the IEM, cable and playback volume but I wouldn’t think so...

3. bumbum
    I have same combo as you have. M11/FH5 (fiio 3.5B vs fiio 2.5C cable)

4. gLer
    Which is your balanced cable? The C cable sounds quite different (brighter/thinner) than the B cable.

5. bumbum
    C is balanced. Have you orginally packed B cable? It would be nice to hear some your opinions how it sounds

6. psikey
    As I posted back in thread, I have two sets of SE846's and yesterday did tests with one as balanced & other with 3.5mm cable. I mostly did this to hunt down the "hiss" question.

My conclusion was that the 3.5mm connection was basically identical to the balanced output with my SE846's once balanced matched (balance around 8-10 steps lower than 3.5mm). Balanced resolves amp hiss to be slightly audible while 3.5mm is near silent. (using Fiio "B" balanced and Sony MUC-M12SM2 3.5mm cables)

When I had a ZX300 the SE was inferior to the balanced connection but hardly noticeable with the M11 because SE sounds so good too.

Vitandus likes this.
  7. abitdeef
    Interesting about the SE out, you guys made me realize I didn't even try the SE. I went right for the balanced. I'm going to check it out, my battery lifes been pretty good but on SE it should be better.

8. Sven2015
    1. the worst BT codec
    2. okay
    3. okay -> but in the most cases you will find HERE the gap
    4. and again - the gain (low/high) settings are not needed for BT devices, cause the gain @M11 is just for wired headphones NOT for BT headphones! your headphones have an own amplifier and here is the gap....
    5. test other headphones
    6. what kind of files are you using? or which app? do you have any pre-gain by -xy dB set in your APP? any gain-settings included @your files (replaygain)?
    7. Do you have checked your files for headroom / dezibel?
    and so on and so on

9. Sven2015
    lol
    ZX100 had EQ via BT, ZX00 not -> Sony introduced LDAC with 100 and decided to give up the enhanced LDAC support with 300 -> BAD decision!
    Sorry. Sony forces LDAC for the 100 and 300, you cannot say "just use wire for 300" this is nonsense!
    I have ONE album in DSD -> Thriller, all my other albums are ripped from original CD in 16 Bit, 44,1 kHz FLAC -> i don't need HiRes audio :wink:
    burn in? -> never talked about this freaking things
    balanced output -> the same, never used that thing cause I use LDAC BT
    What I need is a SIMPLE player with a perfect database and simple things such gapless playback, replaygain and balance control via BT... not more.... :wink:

10. gLer
    Sounds to me like you’re in the wrong thread then, mate. The M11 is not for you.

Leetransform25 and Vitandus like this.
  11. abitdeef
    You can always get the fiio bluetooth dongle btr3, or the ES100 dongle. Those both have nice strong output, well I know the ES100 does and people love the btr3.

Then you can use different headphones also. I guess I'm lucky with the cheap sonys as they get pretty loud. What's weird is my cheap lg phone was louder than my zx300 on bluetooth when I had that. But all 3 of my bt devices now play at about the same maximum volume.

I do notice the bt on my phone and the m11 sound a bit more clear than the m6- maybe an older bt chip? Still sounds good though, ldac really helps too.

12. abitdeef
    Yes m11 is overkill for what you want. Maybe a smart phone would work for you. I mean if you're just using bt, the zx300 would be overkill. You wouldn't even use the best feature- the balanced out.

Leetransform25 likes this.
  13. Vitandus
    BTW, the stock silicons aren’t the same as the extra ones in the box. I didn’t realize that until recently, and swapped my Comply for the better ones in the box.

14. Jujoe
    Have the similar issue but with the 3.5 in line out and usb plugged in to pc, I'll fish out a usb plug see if it changes the situation.

I dont know if the signal out is picking up the power intake as its so close.

Juj

Ojisan likes this.
  15. mattg3
    I have a few albums that for some reason did not transfer over to M11 with album art. Is there anyway to get album art onto the album after it is already in the M11?

First

Back
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
Next

Last