[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 10, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #2,541 of 9,288
Guys is it possible that SE out sounds better than BO with same iem's on my m11? Or it's placebo...

As I posted back in thread, I have two sets of SE846's and yesterday did tests with one as balanced & other with 3.5mm cable. I mostly did this to hunt down the "hiss" question.

My conclusion was that the 3.5mm connection was basically identical to the balanced output with my SE846's once balanced matched (balance around 8-10 steps lower than 3.5mm). Balanced resolves amp hiss to be slightly audible while 3.5mm is near silent. (using Fiio "B" balanced and Sony MUC-M12SM2 3.5mm cables)

When I had a ZX300 the SE was inferior to the balanced connection but hardly noticeable with the M11 because SE sounds so good too.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,542 of 9,288
Interesting about the SE out, you guys made me realize I didn't even try the SE. I went right for the balanced. I'm going to check it out, my battery lifes been pretty good but on SE it should be better.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #2,543 of 9,288
and i am posting questions to learn?

how am i a fan boy when i obviously have and purchased an M11?

i know when headphones is loud dude,
i already said its loud via wired and going 90,100+ is already insanely loud.

again im playing my audio Bluetooth on
SBC quality yes,

1. its on SBC,
2. max volume to 120 (max incase u didnt know?)
3. having the bluetooth itself set to max audio
4. high gain
all that together and to me its not loud, and it doesnt hurt my ears.
1. the worst BT codec
2. okay
3. okay -> but in the most cases you will find HERE the gap
4. and again - the gain (low/high) settings are not needed for BT devices, cause the gain @M11 is just for wired headphones NOT for BT headphones! your headphones have an own amplifier and here is the gap....
5. test other headphones
6. what kind of files are you using? or which app? do you have any pre-gain by -xy dB set in your APP? any gain-settings included @your files (replaygain)?
7. Do you have checked your files for headroom / dezibel?
and so on and so on

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #2,544 of 9,288
Looks like someone decided to ignore my previous post...Like gLer said you should probably chill out lol

And this is probably going too far but this is coming from someone who considers something like the ZX300 a waste of money just because it doesn't support EQ over Bluetooth (when DAPs like these (including the M11) are meant to be mainly used wired) and calls things such as Hi-Res audio, burn in, and balanced output "BS" and "gimmicks". If I were you I'd do some learning myself before trying to call out others.
lol
ZX100 had EQ via BT, ZX00 not -> Sony introduced LDAC with 100 and decided to give up the enhanced LDAC support with 300 -> BAD decision!
Sorry. Sony forces LDAC for the 100 and 300, you cannot say "just use wire for 300" this is nonsense!
I have ONE album in DSD -> Thriller, all my other albums are ripped from original CD in 16 Bit, 44,1 kHz FLAC -> i don't need HiRes audio :wink:
burn in? -> never talked about this freaking things
balanced output -> the same, never used that thing cause I use LDAC BT
What I need is a SIMPLE player with a perfect database and simple things such gapless playback, replaygain and balance control via BT... not more.... :wink:

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #2,545 of 9,288
lol
ZX100 had EQ via BT, ZX00 not -> Sony introduced LDAC with 100 and decided to give up the enhanced LDAC support with 300 -> BAD decision!
Sorry. Sony forces LDAC for the 100 and 300, you cannot say "just use wire for 300" this is nonsense!
I have ONE album in DSD -> Thriller, all my other albums are ripped from original CD in 16 Bit, 44,1 kHz FLAC -> i don't need HiRes audio :wink:
burn in? -> never talked about this freaking things
balanced output -> the same, never used that thing cause I use LDAC BT
What I need is a SIMPLE player with a perfect database and simple things such gapless playback, replaygain and balance control via BT... not more.... :wink:
Sounds to me like you’re in the wrong thread then, mate. The M11 is not for you.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,546 of 9,288
1. the worst BT codec
2. okay
3. okay -> but in the most cases you will find HERE the gap
4. and again - the gain (low/high) settings are not needed for BT devices, cause the gain @M11 is just for wired headphones NOT for BT headphones! your headphones have an own amplifier and here is the gap....
5. test other headphones
6. what kind of files are you using? or which app? do you have any pre-gain by -xy dB set in your APP? any gain-settings included @your files (replaygain)?
7. Do you have checked your files for headroom / dezibel?
and so on and so on

You can always get the fiio bluetooth dongle btr3, or the ES100 dongle. Those both have nice strong output, well I know the ES100 does and people love the btr3.

Then you can use different headphones also. I guess I'm lucky with the cheap sonys as they get pretty loud. What's weird is my cheap lg phone was louder than my zx300 on bluetooth when I had that. But all 3 of my bt devices now play at about the same maximum volume.

I do notice the bt on my phone and the m11 sound a bit more clear than the m6- maybe an older bt chip? Still sounds good though, ldac really helps too.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #2,547 of 9,288
Sounds to me like you’re in the wrong thread then, mate. The M11 is not for you.

Yes m11 is overkill for what you want. Maybe a smart phone would work for you. I mean if you're just using bt, the zx300 would be overkill. You wouldn't even use the best feature- the balanced out.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #2,549 of 9,288
It appears that when I have the M11 connected to USB port of my desktop PC (Dell Optiplex) and I play through the balanced port (2.5 or 4.4) from muted condition (after 15sec power down), I get a very loud buzz when I start to play again. The attached ZIP https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w0rk8gbjx29b7y/M11 Noise .m4a?dl=0 captures the noise heard (volume warning! It's very annoying!).

If I unplug the USB the noise goes away. The problem does not seem to happen on 3.5mm port.

Any similar experience or guidance with this? It's not a ground loop hum. Maybe some ground isolation issue?

Have the similar issue but with the 3.5 in line out and usb plugged in to pc, I'll fish out a usb plug see if it changes the situation.

I dont know if the signal out is picking up the power intake as its so close.

Juj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back