[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 5, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #2,026 of 9,286
DSC_0233[1].JPG DSC_0234[1].JPG DSC_0235[1].JPG sorry for crazzy pics but in the 3rd one is the languages

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #2,028 of 9,286
No worries, hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

For those wanting to see about bass and sub bass in the M11 try, its all about the cans lol.

Juj

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #2,029 of 9,286
At last AMP3 in UK had stock yesterday so ordered one and should arrive Monday latest.

Without reading through last months worth of updates I have a few questions:

• Will be aiming to use 2 x 512GB Samsung EVO microSD's I have. Will these two be OK or anybody had issues?
  • Will it prompt me to update to latest firmware or do I need to search it out?
  • Will earphones with inline controls still work as per the X5III (assume its only the 3.5mm connection if it does)?
  • Anybody managed to get Google Playstore working? Only really interested in this to use UAPP?
  • Does it come with a screen protector already installed like the X5III?
  • Any talk of adding MQA support yet or will this only be via Tidal with the single unfold?

Thanks

I will only be using this with my 2 x pair of SE846's. One wired (3.5, 2.5 or 4.4) and the other pair via my Fiio BTR3 with short cable over LDAC.

I can answer 2 for sure- it comes with pre installed screen protectors (fiio where can I get another one) and you just go to the fiio technical help app to check and download new firmware. I think you need to check- honestly I can't remember.

Ok well maybe one for sure :wink:

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #2,030 of 9,286
At last AMP3 in UK had stock yesterday so ordered one and should arrive Monday latest.

Without reading through last months worth of updates I have a few questions:
  • Will be aiming to use 2 x 512GB Samsung EVO microSD's I have. Will these two be OK or anybody had issues?
  • Will it prompt me to update to latest firmware or do I need to search it out?
  • Will earphones with inline controls still work as per the X5III (assume its only the 3.5mm connection if it does)?
  • Anybody managed to get Google Playstore working? Only really interested in this to use UAPP?
  • Does it come with a screen protector already installed like the X5III?
  • Any talk of adding MQA support yet or will this only be via Tidal with the single unfold?

Thanks

I will only be using this with my 2 x pair of SE846's. One wired (3.5, 2.5 or 4.4) and the other pair via my Fiio BTR3 with short cable over LDAC.
Replies below:
  • Will be aiming to use 2 x 512GB Samsung EVO microSD's I have. Will these two be OK or anybody had issues? These will be just fine.
  • Will it prompt me to update to latest firmware or do I need to search it out? Yes it will, but you can always check that you're on the latest firmware in Technical.
  • Will earphones with inline controls still work as per the X5III (assume its only the 3.5mm connection if it does)? No idea.
  • Anybody managed to get Google Playstore working? Only really interested in this to use UAPP? Nope, not going to happen.
  • Does it come with a screen protector already installed like the X5III? Yes, on the front only.
  • Any talk of adding MQA support yet or will this only be via Tidal with the single unfold? No, Tidal unfold only and (as far as I can tell) no high-res playback support from Tidal unless Tidal app bypasses the Android audio layer.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #2,031 of 9,286
Replies below:
  • Any talk of adding MQA support yet or will this only be via Tidal with the single unfold? No, Tidal unfold only and (as far as I can tell) no high-res playback support from Tidal unless Tidal app bypasses the Android audio layer.

This one is worrying? So it won't playback Tidal MQA files correctly via Tidal App? I thought this DAP had solved the Android audio limitations ? Are you saying it converts to 44/16 ? (or other conversion)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #2,032 of 9,286
This one is worrying? So it won't playback Tidal MQA files correctly via Tidal App? I thought this DAP had solved the Android audio limitations ? Are you saying it converts to 44/16 ?
As far as I know, only FiiO Music officially bypasses Android audio limitations. I could be wrong, but I have no information confirming apps like Tidal or Plex bypass the Android audio stack. It may work when outputting digital audio via USB or SP/DIF, but again I can't confirm that. Maybe @JamesFiiO can provide more info on Tidal and the Tidal app, though I know Tidal is not a priority for the Chinese market.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2,033 of 9,286
As far as I know, only FiiO Music officially bypasses Android audio limitations. I could be wrong, but I have no information confirming apps like Tidal or Plex bypass the Android audio stack. It may work when outputting digital audio via USB or SP/DIF, but again I can't confirm that. Maybe @JamesFiiO can provide more info on Tidal and the Tidal app, though I know Tidal is not a priority for the Chinese market.

Thanks. Well if it doesn't sound any better than my LG V30+ playing Tidal (and MQA) then it will be going back.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #2,034 of 9,286
Thanks. Well if it doesn't sound any better than my LG V30+ playing Tidal (and MQA) then it will be going back.
That will depend more on the amp section and the synergy with your IEMs/headphones. Does the LG V30+ support full MQA decoding and high-res playback?

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #2,036 of 9,286
That will depend more on the amp section and the synergy with your IEMs/headphones. Does the LG V30+ support full MQA decoding and high-res playback?

It has MQA hardware decode built-in. Everything plays correctly and sounds great using UAPP (with MQA add-in too). I just wanted a new toy to play with really but it has to be noticeable improvement for me to keep. My ears will be the judge soon enough.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,037 of 9,286
It has MQA hardware decode built-in. Everything plays correctly and sounds great using UAPP (with MQA add-in too). I just wanted a new toy to play with really but it has to be noticeable improvement for me to keep. My ears will be the judge soon enough.
Look forward to your feedback then. It may well sound better, but that won't be because of its MQA or Tidal playback support. I'd say if you're mainly listening to Tidal and not your own downloaded music, the M11 is probably overkill and not made for purpose.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,038 of 9,286
Well said.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #2,039 of 9,286
Bro.
If everybody on this site did this kind of stuff once in a while Head-Fi would be an even greater place.
Props to you.

Ironically I'm only here thanks to your review LOL. Good luck with the channel :)

Juj

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #2,040 of 9,286
Look forward to your feedback then. It may well sound better, but that won't be because of its MQA or Tidal playback support. I'd say if you're mainly listening to Tidal and not your own downloaded music, the M11 is probably overkill and not made for purpose.

I don't drive headphones (just SE846 IEM's) so your probably right, though the V30+ is great with the HD660S I used to have too.

I do have a range of FLAC/DSD files which will increase further over time, but must admit its streaming support I bought this for otherwise I'd still likely have my ZX300 for just my own files.

I nearly went Hiby R6 Pro for its Google Play/UAPP support but its like over 280g ! Would have gone for a 2nd-hand one for around £500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back