[FiiO LC-RE/LC-RE Pro/LC-RE Pro 2022] MMCX cable Gold-Silver-Copper swappable plug Earphone Cable
Dec 24, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #76 of 199
Nice synergy with EM10 and XBA-Z5.

Sony_XBA-Z5__FiiO_LC-RE__01.jpg

Definitely prefer the Z5 over the IER-Z1R, but that's just me. ^^

LC-RE sonic gain with the Sony oldies-but-goodies : resolution, bass control, upper energy.

It's definitely a nice looking cable, but there are almost no impressions/reviews & it doesn't seem like Fiio is interested in marketing it. It's strange because the DUNU modular cables are quite popular.

Dec 28, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #82 of 199
Thank you. Some years ago I made an interlink from gold plated silver and to my ears the highs sounded more liquid compared to pure silver of silver plated copper. I am hoping that the LC-RE has some similar qualities. The LC-RE is very high on my wish list.
LC-RE is really good quality.
Specially with Fiio’s earphones and Fiio’s Dap- best performance:)

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #84 of 199
Enjoying the RE-LC very much with Kinera Nanna tribrid from a variety of sources, but finding switching plugs is not as straightforward as I expected. Easy to remove when the plug is in "On" position, also easy to fully insert the next plug type fully but the difficulty comes when I then try to rotate into the "off" position to secure the newly placed plug. Yes I am lining up the guidance dots. Seems a bit hit and miss as to whether it rotates into "off" position, sometimes seems to work if the better if the new plug isn't fully inserted and I push in while twisting, other times not. Any tips for how to correctly and consistently do this this process would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #85 of 199
Just watched the YouTube demo on this cable.
I found it is odd to choose words on/off for unlock/lock.
A red dot is good enough for unlock indicator don’t you think?

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #87 of 199
After reading the comments above, I am no longer looking at this cable. I have the "D" spec cable.
I hope my comments weren't the reason you were dissuaded. I really do like this cable, simply trying to become more proficient at swapping plug types but it's a fine sounding cable with the plus of versatility. Can't speak to how it differs from D-spec as i'm not familiar with that one, but did want to clarify i am not dinging the RE-LC, just asking other users for advice in event my technique isn't ideal. YMMV of course.
Best,
LoryWiv.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #88 of 199
After reading the comments above, I am no longer looking at this cable. I have the "D" spec cable.
To me the primary argument for this cable over the D-Spec is simply a need to have different plugs instead of adapters or alternate cables. I've had no issues with locking/unlocking and feel it is the most elegant and functional solution currently available. Since the two cables differ only in their metallurgy versus construction, I would not expect a significant sonic difference and I have used pure silver litz with my Rai Penta's. My two cents...

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #89 of 199
It's definitely a nice looking cable, but there are almost no impressions/reviews & it doesn't seem like Fiio is interested in marketing it. It's strange because the DUNU modular cables are quite popular.
When looking at options for a cable I was surprised at the lack of reviews and even search results for the LC-RE, which had me doubting it as an option. I found a review of the Q3 by Currawong in which he used the LC-RE so I messaged him and got positive feedback on it.
I am very happy with it, for me the physical pros are: it's light weight and very flexible but not so much that it gets twisted, the splitter is small and lightweight and isn't prone to catching (a major annoyance for me), the L-shaped design is great out of my WM1A and I no longer fear stressing the connector when in my pocket - also it is not as long as the DUNU one, and of course the ability to switch connectors is awesome as I currently switch between a BTR5 2.5mm, my RME ADI-2 3.5mm and my WM1A 4.4mm output. I care not about the odd ON/OFF labeling.

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #90 of 199
I have it for a few days, and I got confused by its on/off marking.
Off meaning it cannot take off, secured, locked.
When at On mark, you can change plug.
Despite that, the cable is good quality, and looks good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back