[FiiO L27]the WMport to Micro USB Digital Audio Cable
Apr 27, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #63 of 74
Apr 27, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #65 of 74
will the FiiO L27-tc work with the ifi hip-dac 2?
i want to connect my Sony zx300 to an ifi hip-dac 2 using this cable.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...m.1959247971085562&idorvanity=286563245020718
I don't have the hipdac v2 but I do have the first hipdac and I also have the zx300. Unfortunately the L27-tc did not work when I connected the zx300 and hipdac... the volume of zx300 disappeared but there was no sound to be heard out of the hipdac. I tried with the cable WMC-NWH10 and this is working (volume of zx300 disappeared and sound can be heard via the hipdac). Here is how I connected the zx300 and hipdac. Don't mind the Fiio M6 player on top of the hipdac. It's connected together by blue tack.

zx300nhipdac.jpeg

zx300nhipdac_2.jpeg

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #66 of 74
I don't have the hipdac v2 but I do have the first hipdac and I also have the zx300. Unfortunately the L27-tc did not work when I connected the zx300 and hipdac... the volume of zx300 disappeared but there was no sound to be heard out of the hipdac. I tried with the cable WMC-NWH10 and this is working (volume of zx300 disappeared and sound can be heard via the hipdac). Here is how I connected the zx300 and hipdac. Don't mind the Fiio M6 player on top of the hipdac. It's connected together by blue tack.

zx300nhipdac.jpeg

zx300nhipdac_2.jpeg
thanks a lot for the info. how did you connect the zx300 to the hip-dac using the L27-tc? did you use any adapter or coupler or some sort? do you have any picture for reference..TIA

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #67 of 74
thanks a lot for the info. how did you connect the zx300 to the hip-dac using the L27-tc? did you use any adapter or coupler or some sort? do you have any picture for reference..TIA
adapter.jpeg

Basically the middle connector is just a female usb-c to female usb-c adapter to connect the L27-tc and cable that came with hipdac (male usb-c to female usb type-a)

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #68 of 74

adapter.jpeg

Basically the middle connector is just a female usb-c to female usb-c adapter to connect the L27-tc and cable that came with hipdac (male usb-c to female usb type-a)
this is 1 way I have been thinking oh how i will connect it. another way that i have in mind is using a type c female to type a female adapter. have you tried reversing the type c female connector? because some couplers are 1 directional only..

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #69 of 74
this is 1 way I have been thinking oh how i will connect it. another way that i have in mind is using a type c female to type a female adapter. have you tried reversing the type c female connector? because some couplers are 1 directional only..
You mean the female to female type-c adapter? If so, yes I tried to reverse it but that made it much worse as the volume icon on the zx300 did not disappear so obviously not working. I have another adapter that I would like to try ie wmport to micro-usb from Fiio and also from Sony (got it from pha-2a and pha-3 dac/amp). Will report here how that goes.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #70 of 74
You mean the female to female type-c adapter? If so, yes I tried to reverse it but that made it much worse as the volume icon on the zx300 did not disappear so obviously not working. I have another adapter that I would like to try ie wmport to micro-usb from Fiio and also from Sony (got it from pha-2a and pha-3 dac/amp). Will report here how that goes.
how about a type c female to usb 3.0 adapter?
3AC45584-921E-4C92-B966-2A9ACAB92A4A.jpeg

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #72 of 74
I think I have this adapter...perhaps can try this out :)
I just hope at least 1 of these works besides using the WMC-NWH10 cable. I can't find WMC-NWH10 cable locally and still have to order from Japan where the price is double the original price. if it is not much of a burden to you, may I ask you to test it out so that I may know what to do. I'm torn between FiiO Q3 and the ifi hip-dac2 but I'm leaning more on the hip-dac 2. btw, how does the hip-dac sounds when connected to the zx300?

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #73 of 74
I just hope at least 1 of these works besides using the WMC-NWH10 cable. I can't find WMC-NWH10 cable locally and still have to order from Japan where the price is double the original price. if it is not much of a burden to you, may I ask you to test it out so that I may know what to do. I'm torn between FiiO Q3 and the ifi hip-dac2 but I'm leaning more on the hip-dac 2. btw, how does the hip-dac sounds when connected to the zx300?
The hipdac sound is superb...I like the burr-brown DAC. :gs1000smile: I have the fiio Q5s dac/amp and I suppose the ifi sounds better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back