FiiO K7 Desktop DAC/Amp Now on Apos
Nov 8, 2022 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32
Hi all,

We’re happy to announce that we are now selling the FiiO K7 Balanced Desktop DAC/Amp on Apos Audio. Featuring a six-stage audio circuit with truly balanced analog and digital sections, Dual AK4493SEQ D/A chips, capable of outputting 560mW into a 300Ω load at 1% distortion, and 2000mW into a 32Ω load at 1% distortion, the K7 is an incredibly impressive, budget-friendly all-in-one Desktop must have.

Here's the link to the blog for more context: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/s

Attachments

• FiiO K7 Desktop DAC-Amp.png
    FiiO K7 Desktop DAC-Amp.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Nov 8, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 32
A bit of a blog error. That would be 2000mw @ 32 Ohm. 200mw is like dongle power. Lol.

For folks even remotely interested in this one. The K7 is a bang for buck dac/amp like you wouldnt believe. One of the absolute best SQ your money can buy.
1667948913791.png
Hi there,
Thanks for the flag 🙏 We have fixed it on the website.

Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Nov 8, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 32
Hi all,

We’re happy to announce that we are now selling the FiiO K7 Balanced Desktop DAC/Amp on Apos Audio. Featuring a six-stage audio circuit with truly balanced analog and digital sections, Dual AK4493SEQ D/A chips, capable of outputting 560mW into a 300Ω load at 1% distortion, and 2000mW into a 32Ω load at 1% distortion, the K7 is an incredibly impressive, budget-friendly all-in-one Desktop must have.

Here's the link to the blog for more context: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/s
Wow! great price. If it sounds anything closer to K9 Pro, it will be an excellent DAC AMP. The only thing it misses is Bluetooth.

Nov 8, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 32
Fiio kept this one simple. No bluetooth, no MQA. It has clean power, it's a traditional dac/amp but one that is truly balanced. It has driven everything I own cans and IEMs with zero struggle most importantly its SQ is something you would never expect at this price point. I am struggling to find anything that sound as good as this thing does at its price point. It sounds like a supercharged BTR7 and that thing is no joke SQ wise.

This thing is using the same THX amplification as their flagship devices. While the K7 might not have all the bells and whistles of some of its competition. I am willing to bet money this thing when it comes to sound will beat those others up fairly handily. This one is all about SQ and power. One of the biggest surprises for me all year to be honest.

Fellas don't look at this thing as just another Dac/amp Fiio has made. This one is fan service. The K7 is what Fiio can do for $200 statement. Silently raising the bar.

Nov 8, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 32
Wrong thread, but how is the FiiO K3? I was thinking about picking one up, but I'm not sure if it colors the sound signature in any way. I wanna hear the way my headphones come stock.
Base signature is neutral. Not too much in the way of coloration unless you turn on the bass boost which is handy for watching movies and playing games.
Its a nice little dac/amp with good clean sound quality but to be honest if you can muster up some more cash and get yourself a K7, the level of power and SQ ramps up big time. You're going from solid basic level dac/amp to something serious. The jump in SQ and power is worth it imo.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 32
Fiio kept this one simple. No bluetooth, no MQA. It has clean power, it's a traditional dac/amp but one that is truly balanced. It has driven everything I own cans and IEMs with zero struggle most importantly its SQ is something you would never expect at this price point. I am struggling to find anything that sound as good as this thing does at its price point. It sounds like a supercharged BTR7 and that thing is no joke SQ wise.

This thing is using the same THX amplification as their flagship devices. While the K7 might not have all the bells and whistles of some of its competition. I am willing to bet money this thing when it comes to sound will beat those others up fairly handily. This one is all about SQ and power. One of the biggest surprises for me all year to be honest.

Fellas don't look at this thing as just another Dac/amp Fiio has made. This one is fan service. The K7 is what Fiio can do for $200 statement. Silently raising the bar.
Is this too powerful for sensitive iems on the 4.4 mm output? For my atom amp I'm already hitting loud levels at 9 o clock on the knob. How much leeway on the knob do you have to adjust volume for sensitive iems?

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 32
Good question. I have a 10 Ohm MEAOES EAGLE IEM I have on them in single ended right now as I am typing in low gain. The large volume pot is lovely by the way, very precise with absolutely zero volume imbalance of any type. So far either my Yanyin Moonlights or these Eagle IEMs show any type of hiss. Absolutely clean background as far as I can tell.

I can turn up the volume about 30% before the volume starts to jump up about 40% of the volume pot to get it loud, which for this much power on tap, volume is smooth in other words. This thing is awesome for sensitive IEMs. I do IEM reviews and so far I haven't heard an IEM that didn't like the K7 sound.

I have the EAGLE in balanced out, the same 30% of volume pot is louder than the single ended but sounds just as clean a bit more technical with a wider stage. By the way a bit of a tip for you. Very sensitive IEMs can actually benefit from single ended out vs balanced from your sources.

Balanced out usually doubles the output power and impedance out of sources so while headfi here will tell you it is always best to go balanced. Not really needed for highly sensitive IEMs. Infact it can work against a highly sensitive IEM. My Eagles here sounds more dynamic and has better tonality in single ended vs hearing them in balanced.

For much less sensitive IEMs and Cans that is where balanced out will benefit the most but for sensitive IEMs, try out your single ended out of your sources. It might surprise you.

The way the volume jumps on the wheel is very deliberate and smooth. For sensitive IEMs on the K7. After turning on the power, you have to turn the nob about 10mm before you actually hear any type of music. Then another 10mm before another jump in volume to lower, another 10mm to moderate, another 10 for fairly loud, another 10mm for loud. This is a rough gustimate on my part but that is how I am experiencing volume jumps on the K7 in balanced.

Inside that 10mm increments there seems to be about 3 levels of volume gradient before it jumps to the next level of volume. Again, very precise.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 32

Just ordered mine today, products like this are a win for all of us as audio enthusiasts, cant wait to hear this thing :relaxed: FiiO has been on a roll lately.

Nov 9, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #11 of 32
Good question. I have a 10 Ohm MEAOES EAGLE IEM I have on them in single ended right now as I am typing in low gain. The large volume pot is lovely by the way, very precise with absolutely zero volume imbalance of any type. So far either my Yanyin Moonlights or these Eagle IEMs show any type of hiss. Absolutely clean background as far as I can tell.

I can turn up the volume about 30% before the volume starts to jump up about 40% of the volume pot to get it loud, which for this much power on tap, volume is smooth in other words. This thing is awesome for sensitive IEMs. I do IEM reviews and so far I haven't heard an IEM that didn't like the K7 sound.

I have the EAGLE in balanced out, the same 30% of volume pot is louder than the single ended but sounds just as clean a bit more technical with a wider stage. By the way a bit of a tip for you. Very sensitive IEMs can actually benefit from single ended out vs balanced from your sources.

Balanced out usually doubles the output power and impedance out of sources so while headfi here will tell you it is always best to go balanced. Not really needed for highly sensitive IEMs. Infact it can work against a highly sensitive IEM. My Eagles here sounds more dynamic and has better tonality in single ended vs hearing them in balanced.

For much less sensitive IEMs and Cans that is where balanced out will benefit the most but for sensitive IEMs, try out your single ended out of your sources. It might surprise you.

The way the volume jumps on the wheel is very deliberate and smooth. For sensitive IEMs on the K7. After turning on the power, you have to turn the nob about 10mm before you actually hear any type of music. Then another 10mm before another jump in volume to lower, another 10mm to moderate, another 10 for fairly loud, another 10mm for loud. This is a rough gustimate on my part but that is how I am experiencing volume jumps on the K7 in balanced.

Inside that 10mm increments there seems to be about 3 levels of volume gradient before it jumps to the next level of volume. Again, very precise.
Wow thanks for the elaborate description! Seems fiio did a good job for their volume control. I'll probably just use single ended for iems , but the balanced and preamp functions are welcome for experimentation with headphones and speakers

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #13 of 32
I have the K9 Pro AKM version. It appears that the K7 has about 2x the output as the K9. Is this accurate?
This is the reader on the K9 Pro ESS version. I would imagine power output being very similar to these figures. the K9 pro is Fiios flagship dac/amp for a reason. Its got more power in both 300 ohm load and 32 ohm load. K7 puts out good usable power for most hard to drive cans but the K9 is a bit more powerful according to this reader.

1668012222299.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back