[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Aug 28, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #151 of 633
I'm way overdue for an upgrade! Something to finesse my t50's and NH Carbons. Native DSD sounds enticing as well as a much lower noise floor than my 70's integrated amp can muster. Will check it. Cheers!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #153 of 633
I'll get a new laptop to pair with if I win. :p

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #157 of 633
I've been using the K3 a few months now and it does everything I need, really. Sound quality is great driving a pair of Sennheisers. But this one does have those tasty analog inputs as well, which opens up more use cases. So... I suppose winning a raffle to upgrade would be ideal, otherwise I have to spend my own money. :)

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #162 of 633
Thank you for the lucky draw and good luck to everyone!

I've tried a few DAC/AMPs for my IEMs, but nowadays, the only amp i use at home and on the go is the Fiio A3, very good value for money.
This K5 Pro looks great, and hope to try it out one day.

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #164 of 633
Looks sleek and compact. Hopefully it will play nice with both DAPs and mobile phones as transports.

But seriously...USB B?

USB B is what most desktop DAC/AMPs use at the back. Nothing wrong with it, it is more robust.
And IMO this DAC/AMP is not really meant for using with phones, but if you can find a compatible cable and it works... why not. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back