FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Mar 17, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #511 of 744
I tested it this week with 3 different tube amps. No interference, hum or noise whatsoever :blush:

How did you set it up exactly to the tube amp from K5? RCA out from K5 (thought these were just for pre- amp purposes) to RCA input on tube amp?

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #513 of 744
Mar 20, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #514 of 744
Today a strange thing happpened. Suddenly while  plugging the K5 to the supplied power adapter it started making strange sound of clicking. Like some relay sound from inside like a clock. When I turned the Volume knob switch to ON mode the red light flashes in ressonance with the clicking sound coming from inside and does not power ON.

I  have sent a mail to distributor Origin Games for exchange/refund.
redface.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #515 of 744
  Today a strange thing happpened. Suddenly while  plugging the K5 to the supplied power adapter it started making strange sound of clicking. Like some relay sound from inside like a clock. When I turned the Volume knob switch to ON mode the red light flashes in ressonance with the clicking sound coming from inside and does not power ON.

redface.gif

tried unplugging the unit and power adapter?

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #516 of 744

tried unplugging the unit and power adapter?

Yes I unplugged it and tried plugging it again but the same issue is there

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #517 of 744
Mar 21, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #518 of 744

definitely broken then...

Yeah. I have sent a mail for exchange/refund to distributor. Hoping to hear from them today.

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #519 of 744

Doesn't it also do the X5SG on balanced? Haven't tried though
EDIT: For better signal transmission: connect the X5II/X7 to the K5 through its docking connector, then output via the double3.5mm Balanced Line out port at the back of the K5 to a desktop amplifier/headphone amplifier that has an XLR input port.

On Fiio K5 product page indicate X5 II can also be used for Balanced Out.

But mine cannot.

Why?

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #521 of 744

Hi kdub, here is the image for your reference : 

Can anyone show me the pin-out for the Balanced Cable?

I have asked someone to custom make the cable but when I use with X5 Gen2, no sound comes out from my Amp

The cable is made using
Belden Star Quad 1804A Cable BLACK(2 Mtr) + Neutrik NC3MXX-B Gold XLR Male + Lumberg 3.5mm 4 Pole Male Connnector

Sorry for the late reply.

Well this doesn't sound right. The balanced output of the K5 is 6 poles spread over two connectors (left port: left channel +, left channel -, ground; right port: right channel +, right channel -, ground). It sounds like you're trying to adapt this to an amp accepting four pole input (left channel +, left channel -, right channel +, right channel - only).

Please consult the manual of your amp for the full pinout of your XLR input(s). Meanwhile here is the pinout of the K5's balanced outputs:
Two ports for 3 pole 3.5mm male connector.
For left channel male connector:
Tip: left +
Ring: left -
Sleeve: ground
For right channel male connector:
Tip: right +
Right: right -
Sleeve: ground

Please present this complete specification for the K5 together with that for your amp to your DIY builder to build the appropriate adapter cable, thanks.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #522 of 744

redface.gif

I strongly doubt -  this is the issue which generate only when the adopter (power brick) provisioned for 3 Pole but the supplied AC Plug only have 2 pole. Actually the supplied one indeed 3 pin but only usable when user situated at France - Not India.

Please post any update or difficulty about replacing the product....So we can learn.

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #523 of 744

I strongly doubt -  this is the issue which generate only when the adopter (power brick) provisioned for 3 Pole but the supplied AC Plug only have 2 pole. Actually the supplied one indeed 3 pin but only usable when user situated at France - Not India.

Please post any update or difficulty about replacing the product....So we can learn.

I sent the unit back to distributor who tried it and had no issues. Finally I came to the conclusion it has got nothing to do with 3 pin plug adapter or 2 pin plug adapter. Apparently I had plugged the unit to multi socket Belkin Extension chord which has spike control. Si I feel their may have been spike in electricity which may have caused this issue.
THe distributor used my unit under watch for 3 days and found no problems. Today he is sending it back to me.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #524 of 744
  I sent the unit back to distributor who tried it and had no issues. Finally I came to the conclusion it has got nothing to do with 3 pin plug adapter or 2 pin plug adapter. Apparently I had plugged the unit to multi socket Belkin Extension chord which has spike control. Si I feel their may have been spike in electricity which may have caused this issue.
THe distributor used my unit under watch for 3 days and found no problems. Today he is sending it back to me.

Thanks for the update.

Glad To know the fact and actually relieved - I'm also using the Belkin Spike Strip - Hope I may not face the same issue.

Though I insert flat metal sheet which goes to directly to Ground Pin hole of the Belkin Strip and the rest in the contact of the French Ground pole area....better than nothing...I presume.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #525 of 744
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back