1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fiio k1 has problems

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by kaiteck, Dec 1, 2016.
  1. kaiteck
    Hi guys so today I was really excited in getting the new fiio k1. But to my dismay, when I paired it with my dunu titan 5, there's this noise sound coming out from my iem, it's like as if the fiio k1 is 'over amplifying' my iem. There's no noise sound when I plugged my iem into my smartphone. Any idea what's causing this issue?

2. audiophilefan
    I wonder why no one replied. I know it's a little too late to reply now. You probably sold your K1 already or just forgot about it in a pile of other stuff. I got my K1 just recently and I'm enjoying the sheer convenience of it. Plug and play to my phone (Lenovo K4 Note with Android Lollipop) and to my laptop (Dell Latitude E7440). It sounds great to my ears - great soundstage, great transients, and authoritative bass. It reminds me a lot of my late Fiio E12 (I sold it).

BUT it's considerably noisier than the E12. Given the difference in price, I wouldn't wonder why but it's not fit for IEMs. I tried it with my VE Monk Plus and I really don't like what I heard. It's power output may seem small but I'd say it's more suitable for full size headphones not more than 300 ohms, or anything that can handle the noise floor. I believe Dunus are very sensitive but I do not have any experience with them. If you have the VE Zen 2.0 (300ohms), you may not experience the same level of noise.

My final suggestion would be to find a more decent micro usb to micro usb cable or a more decent OTG adapter, whatever you prefer using. Some lower quality cables just can't provide enough power coming from the phone to your K1. Try them at stores to be sure.

P.S. I'm a semi-retired audiophile so I may not respond back again. I only check the forums every once in a while now. Hope this helps, my friend. :) 

3. joshuadapitan
    I am using Audio Technica ATH-CLR100 and Philips SHP2000(Which I modded). I agree that there is some hissing, but maybe your earphone is quite the sensitve one. My Earphone is sensitive too, but the hiss is not noticeable much unless you Focus on listening to my hiss.

I dunno if it is a defective unit, but mine really does well.