FiiO is Giving Out 2 Free K3 Headphone Amplifier & USB-C DAC! Wanna win one? Simply reply to this thread on/before 12.12!
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #167 of 242
Based on the collective recommendations here on the benefits of headphone amps - including FiiO - I've been looking to add an amp to my homeoffice sound system.

Were I to have the good fortune of winning the K3 I committ to share my review.

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #168 of 242
In 2015 I met Fiio when I was looking for a good DAC at a low price and I came to this page for the review of the Fiio X1, without hesitation I bought it and that's why I fell in love with the brand. Then I bought the Fiio Q1 to use it with my cell phone, then the Fiio X5 II and the Fiio K1, and also the Taishan d03k. I'm definitely a Fiiolovers :k701smile::k701smile:

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #169 of 242
I hardly need the K3.
Just to tell my story of Fiio.

I first got Q1, simply saw it in the store and got it out if curiosity (given the price of ca. $50) and really enjoyed it.

Appreciating Fiio at this point, I acquired Fiio Q1-II, Fiio F5 (largely for a balanced connector, which Fiio was pushing/promoting at that point).

Then I got Fiio X1-II , Fiio F9 pro and Fiio FH1. At which point I lost Fiio, I think entirely. Fiio tries to go more sophisticated, as the strange rules (IMHO) for this competition and it does not work any more for me at all.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #170 of 242
My first Fiio product was X5 DAP purchase back in 2016.

Dec 9, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #172 of 242
Fiio I met him one day when I started to get into the audiophile world, looking for websites I found several people who recommended different products and Fiio was always mentioning in this forum, and I could not believe it was a price / quality brand. I remember watching a video of the SupraPixel YouTube channel commenting on the Fiio Q1 and was pleasantly surprised that such a small thing could have such a sound and be so versatile. One lately thinks that because it is worth 300 dollars more it is better than the one of 100 dollars, but that already changed.
Then I cheered and bought the Fiio F9 PRO headphones, I do not regret anything and in fact I am impressed with its sound, quality of construction, quantity of accessories. I will always recommend it.

Dec 9, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #173 of 242
I knew FiiO for a long time, before she entered into the DAP market. I still remember the day that FiiO cancelled the DAP project saying it’s a risky investment. We’re excited that in the end FiiO has restarted the project and produced X3. We are happy to see the growth of FiiO.

Dec 10, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #174 of 242
After my initial FiiO purchase in Dec 2015 (FiiO E07K), I added two FiiO DAPs (X1 and M3), and then the E18 and then the K1, and most recently, the FiiO EX1. I’m a FiiO fan! :)

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #175 of 242
I first heard about FIIo back in 2012. I was looking for an alternative to my android phone which did not sound to good. I had an iPod classes but other than iTunes ALAC it had little to no loseless support. I found out about the E12 and pretty much what a DAC was at that time from online searching and user reviews And never looked back. I now own a the E12, X3 First generation X5 first generation and the X5 third generation, I would like to upgrade from the E12. the E12 is using the now harder to find Mini USB while the K3 uses USB-C

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #176 of 242

The K3 is a HiFi Headphone Amplifier & USB-C DAC that features USB Type-C port | Two modes of USB audio | 3.5mm line output | 3.5mm single-ended and 2.5mm balanced headphone outputs | Coaxial and Optical digital outs| Gain and bass switches and capable of decoding up to 384kHz/32 bit PCM and native DSD256 for your computer. You can find more info about K3 on our site at: https://www.fiio.com/K3

To celebrate the release of K3, we now give out two K3 units to those who post reply in this thread.

A. How to enter:
Simply reply to this thread and tell us your story with FiiO or how did you get to know FiiO!

B. When to enter:
Starts now and closes on December 12th, 2018; we will post a reply to announce the exact close time on that day.

C. How to draw the winners (We will pick up two winners based on the following calculation and rules):
1. Lucky percentage: 28% and 68%;
2. Lucky floor = The total number of post x lucky percentage
(*The figure before the decimal point will be the final lucky number; e.g. if the total number is 205, then the lucky floors are 57 and 139).

D. Winner announcement: Will announce the winners on December 14th, 2018.

*Statements:
Each ID is qualified for one prize; in case of repetition, the 2nd prize will go to the next qualified ID;
2. In case of 5 continuous post, the ID will get disqualified, and the prize will go to the next qualified ID;
3. Each ID can make at most 20 posts in this thread; more than 20 posts will get disqualified and the prize will go to the next qualified ID;
4. The gift will be arranged by postal service which takes about 15-30 days to get to you;
5. It's not required for the winners to write a review article, but it would be appreciated if you could share your experience here with Head-Fi'ers;
6. FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. reserves all rights to interpret and amend the rules of this activity as necessary.

Best Regards
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #177 of 242

The K3 is a HiFi Headphone Amplifier & USB-C DAC that features USB Type-C port | Two modes of USB audio | 3.5mm line output | 3.5mm single-ended and 2.5mm balanced headphone outputs | Coaxial and Optical digital outs| Gain and bass switches and capable of decoding up to 384kHz/32 bit PCM and native DSD256 for your computer. You can find more info about K3 on our site at: https://www.fiio.com/K3

To celebrate the release of K3, we now give out two K3 units to those who post reply in this thread.

A. How to enter:
Simply reply to this thread and tell us your story with FiiO or how did you get to know FiiO!

B. When to enter:
Starts now and closes on December 12th, 2018; we will post a reply to announce the exact close time on that day.

C. How to draw the winners (We will pick up two winners based on the following calculation and rules):
1. Lucky percentage: 28% and 68%;
2. Lucky floor = The total number of post x lucky percentage
(*The figure before the decimal point will be the final lucky number; e.g. if the total number is 205, then the lucky floors are 57 and 139).

D. Winner announcement: Will announce the winners on December 14th, 2018.

*Statements:
Each ID is qualified for one prize; in case of repetition, the 2nd prize will go to the next qualified ID;
2. In case of 5 continuous post, the ID will get disqualified, and the prize will go to the next qualified ID;
3. Each ID can make at most 20 posts in this thread; more than 20 posts will get disqualified and the prize will go to the next qualified ID;
4. The gift will be arranged by postal service which takes about 15-30 days to get to you;
5. It's not required for the winners to write a review article, but it would be appreciated if you could share your experience here with Head-Fi'ers;
6. FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. reserves all rights to interpret and amend the rules of this activity as necessary.

Best Regards
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
I was looking for a high fidelity music player when i started to linstening music like Yanni, Kitaro ecc... with a bit of searching i found the FiiO X3 and i bought it for me for Christmas 2014..i simply loved it..unfortunately i lost it few weeks ago..but I will get a new FiiO DAP for sure

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #178 of 242
My discovery of FIIO was three years ago. Since then I have my X1 and made me listen to music in another way :wink:

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #180 of 242
FiiO has a special place in my heart:
When I got into this audio hobby, the very first DAP that I bought, after a lot of research online, was the X3-II.
This little DAP is still being used when I travel and do not want to carry my bigger and more expensive X5-III... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back