[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jul 21, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #1,861 of 1,922
I bought the Tripowin Altea Upgraded 6N OCC Litz 4 Cores balanced cable for my FH7s and like it very much.

Aug 29, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #1,862 of 1,922
FH7S INFO TOMORROW, LET'S GOOOOO!

1661821585541.png

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #1,863 of 1,922
Hello. I just bought an iFi Go Blu to upgrade my FiiO UTWS3, so I'm be using these much more often. These are probably my favorite iems, and I'm excited to check them out with a better source.

Today, I noticed my tips really need to be replaced. I'm currently using some large orange hybrids aftermarket tips which are the only ones I've found that both fit and sound good. (My ear canals are kinda wide.) I believe the ones I have from a few years ago are identical to these on Amazon: SYMBIO W Memory Foam & Silicone Hybrid Ear Tips. Provides Great Seal and Sound Isolation for Enhanced Audio Performance. Durable Ear Tips Easy to Keep Clean - 3 Pairs (Large) https://a.co/d/bc3A30T).

Should I just get these again, or are there other options that are super large, comfortable, and still sound right, and can be orde in the US?

Edited for being rude and forgetting to say "thank you."

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,864 of 1,922
Hello. I just bought an iFi Go Blu to upgrade my FiiO UTWS3, so I'm be using these much more often. These are probably my favorite iems, and I'm excited to check them out with a better source.

Today, I noticed my tips really need to be replaced. I'm currently using some large orange hybrids aftermarket tips which are the only ones I've found that both fit and sound good. (My ear canals are kinda wide.) I believe the ones I have from a few years ago are identical to these on Amazon: SYMBIO W Memory Foam & Silicone Hybrid Ear Tips. Provides Great Seal and Sound Isolation for Enhanced Audio Performance. Durable Ear Tips Easy to Keep Clean - 3 Pairs (Large) https://a.co/d/bc3A30T).

Should I just get these again, or are there other options that are super large, comfortable, and still sound right, and can be orde in the US?

Edited for being rude and forgetting to say "thank you."
I use these in XL. Not too many tips out there that I've seen that are 14mm across, if there are others out there, I'd love to try them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Z85554X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked up a set of these again recently, tbh, I don't know why I got rid of them? I love the sound of these things. Also, I think these have more and better bass than the FH5. I know those are looked at as bassy IEMs, but I think the FH7 have them licked. Glad to get reacquainted with them! :)

Edit: meant to share this. Fiio sells them in "New (Other)" condition for $260 shipped on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165263040854

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #1,866 of 1,922
I just got a pair and i like them quite a bit. However, they kinda sound "sharp" or "piercing" to my ears. Also whatever ear tips I use, they never feel very comfortable and nearly always give me slight ear discomfort.
I am using UAPP on LGv30.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #1,867 of 1,922
I just got a pair and i like them quite a bit. However, they kinda sound "sharp" or "piercing" to my ears. Also whatever ear tips I use, they never feel very comfortable and nearly always give me slight ear discomfort.

Happens to me with more headphones and iems, make sure you burn them properly.
I think its in manual but I assume 50+ hours at least.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #1,868 of 1,922
Which filter are you using? I use the red one (bassy), since the reference one is a little bright for me.

I also find IEMs uncomfortable when wearing for the first time in a while. I find these comfortable after a brief period of acclimating, but everyone's ears are different.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #1,869 of 1,922
What are you using as a source? With my Fiio M17 I find the brighter than I like. With my Shanling M6 Ultra, they're quite a bit more tame.

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #1,870 of 1,922
What are you using as a source? With my Fiio M17 I find the brighter than I like. With my Shanling M6 Ultra, they're quite a bit more tame.
As i said, UAPP on lgv30. And iBasso DC06 on Mac. Tidal or flac files.
I'm trying different filters, tips, and burning them a bit more to see if they become more suitable for me.
As its stands, i prefer my iBasso IT00s for longer listening sessions 😄
Way more comfortable and lighter on my ears, and less aggressive sounding.

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #1,871 of 1,922
I'm kindaaa considering iFi Gryphon or Fiio M11 Plus to use with my FH7. Based on the reviews, it seems the Gryphon is warmer which I would expect would "tame" the brightness of the FH7. Does anyone have any experience with these pairings?

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #1,872 of 1,922
I don't, but I can recommend Shanling M6 Ultra to do just that.

Dec 17, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #1,873 of 1,922
fh7.jpg

New eartips on the FH7 and they're great. These are the AZLA SednaEarfit. I have them on my FH9 as well and they seem to boost the sub bass on both of them, to my ears. I also sense the lower treble is tamed a bit using these tips, which is super OK with me. Do recommend!

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #1,874 of 1,922
Have you tried the orange (medium) spinfits that come with it? Those are bar the far the best in my experience. And it does need a pretty long burn-in, the treble is great after that. The imaging on these is insane.

Edit: If your source has an option to change the lowpass filter the DAC uses, change the filter to the short delay slow roll-off or apodizing filter.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #1,875 of 1,922
Have you tried the orange (medium) spinfits that come with it? Those are bar the far the best in my experience. And it does need a pretty long burn-in, the treble is great after that. The imaging on these is insane.

Edit: If your source has an option to change the lowpass filter the DAC uses, change the filter to the short delay slow roll-off or apodizing filter.

I am using the red filters with different kinds of tips (mostly foam and tri-flange) and the ibasso dc06 and I have been loving how they sound. idk if these changes made the difference or if my ears just got used to their sounds, but either way I am really enjoying the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back