[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #1,741 of 1,922
Thank you for pointing that out to me, was going to get one of these.
But in other news. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!! Why has nobody told me about how fun the FH7's are!!
Just got mine like an hour ago and i am enjoying them alot. both using my R6 2020 and the micro black.
they are keepers for sure.
:beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 26, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #1,742 of 1,922
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!! Why has nobody told me about how fun the FH7's are!!
You must not read all the posts because I raved about M11 Pro + FH7. However, when I'm not in the mood to struggle with getting 2 earbuds perfectly inserted into my ears, which is more often these days, I instead use Oppo PM-3. I usually don't like electrostatic/planar, but with the M11 Pro and in BIT PERFECT mode, I'm as happy as a bee in pollen.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #1,743 of 1,922
You must not read all the posts because I raved about M11 Pro + FH7. However, when I'm not in the mood to struggle with getting 2 earbuds perfectly inserted into my ears, which is more often these days, I instead use Oppo PM-3. I usually don't like electrostatic/planar, but with the M11 Pro and in BIT PERFECT mode, I'm as happy as a bee in pollen.
I must be lucky, no problem with fit here.
Still waiting on my balanced cables to ship.
Hart audio has had a shipping label out for to long...

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,744 of 1,922
Am i wrong here or do i need to take a step upwards from the FH7's to get more detail in the highs?
And what is out there to look forward to that does not cost thousands?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #1,745 of 1,922
I have FH7's with M11 Pro and I used EQ to get more detail in instruments like cymbal taps. But ultimately I went with BIT PERFECT setting and no EQ because I can hear cymbal taps just fine and the amplitude of all frequencies is nice with that setting. Maybe it's a hearing loss that is affecting your ability to hear frequencies over 8K or somewhere up there. Make sure the earbuds are positioned correctly in your ears.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,746 of 1,922
I have FH7's with M11 Pro and I used EQ to get more detail in instruments like cymbal taps. But ultimately I went with BIT PERFECT setting and no EQ because I can hear cymbal taps just fine and the amplitude of all frequencies is nice with that setting. Maybe it's a hearing loss that is affecting your ability to hear frequencies over 8K or somewhere up there. Make sure the earbuds are positioned correctly in your ears.
Just came from a hearing test. I am really good with the highs at 48 😁
May i ask where you get your music? Bitrate etc.?
And do you applt bitperfect to streaming services too?
I am using Hiby R6 2020. And the micro black.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #1,747 of 1,922
FH7 is very detailed across the entire range. But strong lower treble elevation creates a masking effect - preventing people who are sensitive to that lower treble frequencies (and possible peaks, that I don't see on the graphs but from experience assume they're there) - from hearing the treble extension.
Reducing 4-8K with EQ may open up that extension but most EQ apps don't do it correctly. I use foam filter that I put in the tip in front of a nozzle. (No space inside obviously) It worked for me the best - with Noble M3 and Mofasest Trio, where this problem is worse. It also worked with Penon Orb, though resulting in overly dark sound. Typically, good mode for overly bright IEMs. (Like FH7)
For me, any IEM that has too much 6-10K would sound like upper treble(12-16K) is rolled off. Masking effect is like blinding bright light - preventing from seeing details in the shadow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_masking

Jan 30, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,748 of 1,922
FH7 is very detailed across the entire range. But strong lower treble elevation creates a masking effect - preventing people who are sensitive to that lower treble frequencies (and possible peaks, that I don't see on the graphs but from experience assume they're there) - from hearing the treble extension.
Reducing 4-8K with EQ may open up that extension but most EQ apps don't do it correctly. I use foam filter that I put in the tip in front of a nozzle. (No space inside obviously) It worked for me the best - with Noble M3 and Mofasest Trio, where this problem is worse. It also worked with Penon Orb, though resulting in overly dark sound. Typically, good mode for overly bright IEMs. (Like FH7)
For me, any IEM that has too much 6-10K would sound like upper treble(12-16K) is rolled off. Masking effect is like blinding bright light - preventing from seeing details in the shadow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_masking
A good observation there, i will play with the eq and bit perfect. Also the foam trick is a good idea.
Thank you.

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #1,749 of 1,922
Got these December last year, had a brief play, thought they sounded nice and promptly put them back in the case. Got the balanced 4.4 cable today, updated the Lotoo Paw S1 to new firmware and gave them another whirl. Wow, very enjoyable indeed. I'm not an IEM guy at all, prefer over ears, but figured for work it'd be nice to have some good sounds at lunch and IEMs better for that use case for me. Very surprised that these were so comfortable and fit easily, usually two of the turn offs for IEMs for me. Strongly suspect I'll be using them much more than I had thought I would initially. Well pleased.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,750 of 1,922
I demoed a lot of IEMs and chose the FH7 as my EDC IEM. Been using it with the LC-4.4D cable, Chord Mojo, various tips but currently the Spiral Dots and bass filters. My wife was also really impressed when she heard them.

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #1,751 of 1,922
Just came from a hearing test. I am really good with the highs at 48 😁
May i ask where you get your music? Bitrate etc.?
And do you applt bitperfect to streaming services too?
I am using Hiby R6 2020. And the micro black.
I don't stream. I download from HDtracks or ProStudioMasters or AcousticSounds. Always BIT PERFECT.

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,752 of 1,922
I don't stream. I download from HDtracks or ProStudioMasters or AcousticSounds. Always BIT PERFECT.
I have been downloading a few albums from
HDtracks and i really do like it. How anyone can afford to build a library that way though! I don't know about that one 😅

Feb 15, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #1,753 of 1,922
New FH7 owner here! I'm coming from FH5, and must say I'm pretty impressed so far. More of a difference than I ever expected, I must say.

I'm currently tip-rolling, and tried all the filters (is it normal that the filter container slides 'harshly' into he little tube?) to see what sound I prefer. Have instantly switched them to a Fiio balanced pentacon cable though, have to check the silver cable too.

So far, the black (balanced) filters with the L SpinFit tips seem to work best for me, although the Fiio Bi-Flange tips are a close 2nd (I think, maybe they're actually first).
Any pro tips for the tip/filter combo?

One thing I will already say; that bass! :D I was kinda worried they would be too lean, but when the base needs to be there (because te track asks for it) it is there in spades! I absolutely love how it can be a very 'pristine' and 'eloquent' IEM, but then all of a sudden it turns into a hifi grade PA-like monster system on the next track. Truly brilliant.

edit 16-2: tested the FH7 with the stock cable on micro iDSD BL (unbalanced) against with LC-4.4B cable (balanced) out of M11 pro. M11 pro sounds more 'impressive'. Will investigate further to see if it is just bal. vs unbal. or something else entirely.

Regards!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #1,755 of 1,922
Hi. What spec cable comes with the FH7? The reason I ask is I'd like to get the 4.4mm version. I don't want the "D" spec cable, as it makes an already bright IEM to bright for me.
Stock is SPC, so you might want pure copper instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back