[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,427 of 1,922
Arrived today cable FiiO LC-2.5D. I fastened it to the FH7. The sound disappears in the right earpiece, and the left earpiece does not play at all...
I don't know if it's the headphones or the cable...
I did not expect such a disappointment in Fiio...
I'm upset :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #1,428 of 1,922
Arrived today cable FiiO LC-2.5D. I fastened it to the FH7. The sound disappears in the right earpiece, and the left earpiece does not play at all...

You made sure you had solid connections on both sides.? I remember this happened to one of my FIIO cables and the solution was to verify a solid connection.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,429 of 1,922
IMG_20191122_182433.jpg
вы убедились, что у вас были прочные связи с обеих сторон.? Я помню, что это произошло с одним из моих кабелей FIIO, и решением было проверить надежное соединение.
проверено, мне кажется, что это более надежная связь. У меня есть еще наушники FH1, я прикрепил к ним этот кабель, все в порядке!

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,430 of 1,922
FiiO cables are poor quality. One year ago i bought one SPC for about 40€. Very good looking; unfortunately after 3 weeks of usage the cable has become greenish. FiiO's seller answer: This doesn't affect the sound. But affect the look IMHO. I own several SPC cables but the only one oxydated is the FiiO. My others SPC are in pristine condition.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #1,431 of 1,922
FiiO cables are poor quality. One year ago i bought one SPC for about 40€. Very good looking; unfortunately after 3 weeks of usage the cable has become greenish. FiiO's seller answer: This doesn't affect the sound. But affect the look IMHO. I own several SPC cables but the only one oxydated is the FiiO. My others SPC are in pristine condition.

I had the same issue with 2x sets, only after a couple of months, and they fractured at the IEM plug end. I send them back, both sets and kindly got a credit for both which I put towards a pair of FH7's :)

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,432 of 1,922

I had the same cable. Although it worked, I didn't like the way it connected to the headshell, in that there was no reassuring click when inserted.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #1,433 of 1,922
I had the same issue with 2x sets, only after a couple of months, and they fractured at the IEM plug end. I send them back, both sets and kindly got a credit for both which I put towards a pair of FH7's :)

Nice to know, but it's the least they (FiiO) could do. FiiO products (in my experience) are always one step ahead from perfection. I own a X5 III, well build device IMHO. After more than two years of usage and a lot of crappy updates my DAP is still laggy,and gapless playback is a nightmare using FiiO Music. I have installed Neutron Plyer and all is working flawlessy.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,439 of 1,922
Now had a few hours with M11 paired with FH7 and a new Fiio LC 4.4D cable, well impressed as it makes an audible difference in the clarity of the already excellent FH7. Money well spent and bonus with 15% discount from Amp3 thanks to Black Friday..!

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #1,440 of 1,922
Talking of balanced, is there any difference between the 4.4mm and 2.5mm connections in terms of SQ (speaking of my M11 here)? Am thinking of getting the BTR5 to upgrade my BTR3 and that's got a 2.5mm socket, my X7ii has 2.5mm too, so getting a 2.5mm upgrade cable seems to be a +ve upgrade for the FH7s, but wondering if I'm losing out over the 4.4mm?

PS... Just realised Im probably in the wrong forum, lol.

cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back