[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
May 16, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #61 of 1,922
So i went a little crazy this morning,and ordered the fh7s.I just got the fa7,but the fh7 looks interesting.I have just sold my audeze lcd2 classic today,to get money so i could buy the fh7 (or my better half would kicked my ass :p ).The lcd2c sounds very good.But they are open backs and by that they got extreme little use.Only 1-2 times a month when im alone.Maybe not that somethimes.But i still got the audeze mobius wich i love using on my apple tv 4k and give that planar magnetic sound.If the fh7 sounds better than the fa7 and have the same isolation and comfort,i will sell the fa7.If they dont have the same isolation,i will use the fh7 at home and the fa7 on the comute/roadtrips

May 16, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #62 of 1,922
As a happy owner of the FH5, im interested in this FH7, but don’t know about the long-term reliability of the interchangeable filters, also prefer to have a fixed nozzle, maybe im wrong and this is the way to have better sound.
The filters feel pretty good. With the Trinity Vyrus I had previously the threading was not consistent and some filters were simply not secure. With the FH7 it feels more solid, although I think they are not really meant to be switched frequently. For most people it will probably be a matter of trying out which filter works best for them and sticking to that.

May 18, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #67 of 1,922
They are sold out on aliexpress.Mine was shipped yesterday.Im looking forward to try them.Sent my audeze lcd2c yesterday to an new owner.Hopefully i wont miss them.They got to little use.Thankfully i still got the audeze mobius. :)

May 19, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #69 of 1,922
They are sold out on aliexpress.Mine was shipped yesterday.Im looking forward to try them.Sent my audeze lcd2c yesterday to an new owner.Hopefully i wont miss them.They got to little use.Thankfully i still got the audeze mobius. :)

Cant wait to hear about your impressions!

May 23, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #72 of 1,922
These have turned out to be very nice. Just about right for me with a good kick in the bass and sparkle in the treble without overdoing it. I'm hearing a lot of detail and great dynamics. I'm enjoying these a lot. I tried them with FiiO's silver cable too, but that made them too bright.

IMG_2766.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #73 of 1,922
These have turned out to be very nice. Just about right for me with a good kick in the bass and sparkle in the treble without overdoing it. I'm hearing a lot of detail and great dynamics. I'm enjoying these a lot. I tried them with FiiO's silver cable too, but that made them too bright.

Hi Amos - any initial thoughts on how they compare to the FH5? I think there’s a bunch of people waiting to hear if the extra $300 or so is worth it for what you’re getting. Your brief description above sounds eerily similar to the FH5. The other question would be how do they compare to the Andromedas, which I consider as possibly ‘the next step up’?

May 23, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #74 of 1,922
Hi Amos - any initial thoughts on how they compare to the FH5? I think there’s a bunch of people waiting to hear if the extra $300 or so is worth it for what you’re getting. Your brief description above sounds eerily similar to the FH5. The other question would be how do they compare to the Andromedas, which I consider as possibly ‘the next step up’?

definitely. I would gladly shell out a few hundred more to maintain the balance of the FH5 yet achieve more definition, layering, soundstage, air. I find the FH5 excellent! There's always more though... lol. I tried the andro's briefly in a search to up my game from the LZ A4's which were my go-to's before the FH5. The andro's sounded fab. Vocal definition was shockingly good. They've always been out of reach financially; and then the Solaris came along and has really been my dream since then, lol. I'd love to try those!!

May 23, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #75 of 1,922

by Any chance you have demo/ try the Rai Penta? if so any Idea how they compare ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back