[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
May 15, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #46 of 1,922
I know what you mean. I’ve become really lazy lately and don’t bother firing up the desktop rig when I can lie in bed with the M11 and FH5 and not be left wanting...and it’s so much more convenient! Sometimes I wonder why we put megabuck headphones on a pedestal when there’s so much real quality to be had for far less - if you know where to look (and that’s coming from someone who owns two megabuck headphones).
Haha. Yeah I hear you. I do listen to my T1's quite a bit, but not nearly as much as I used to. Wow... M11's a lovely player, I would get one definitely (am somewhat jealous!) but I'm all DAP'ed up with M6 and X7ii and a shanling M0 in reserve. I'd love to see what pple make of a side by side of X7ii against the M11. Going back to the IEM vs Fullsize "argument", It's pretty shocking how good the IEM's sound now. They've come on so much in the past 5 years or so. I'm very curious for that reason to know how the FH7 evolves the FH5 sound, as prior to seeing the FH7 coming out, I was looking much higher up the chain (Campfire Andro, or LZ Big Dippers maybe)

May 15, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #49 of 1,922
I know what you mean. I’ve become really lazy lately and don’t bother firing up the desktop rig when I can lie in bed with the M11 and FH5 and not be left wanting...and it’s so much more convenient! Sometimes I wonder why we put megabuck headphones on a pedestal when there’s so much real quality to be had for far less - if you know where to look (and that’s coming from someone who owns two megabuck headphones).

Hah, I feel the same thing now comparing my new FH5 to Beyerdynamic Amiron :) FH5 costs 2.5 times less, but I can't definitely say they sound worse or less exciting to me. So much fun in such a small IEM. So now I'm considering about swapping IFI iDSD to M11 for more convenience, can't wait to compare the sound.

May 15, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #50 of 1,922
Haha. Yeah I hear you. I do listen to my T1's quite a bit, but not nearly as much as I used to. Wow... M11's a lovely player, I would get one definitely (am somewhat jealous!) but I'm all DAP'ed up with M6 and X7ii and a shanling M0 in reserve. I'd love to see what pple make of a side by side of X7ii against the M11. Going back to the IEM vs Fullsize "argument", It's pretty shocking how good the IEM's sound now. They've come on so much in the past 5 years or so. I'm very curious for that reason to know how the FH7 evolves the FH5 sound, as prior to seeing the FH7 coming out, I was looking much higher up the chain (Campfire Andro, or LZ Big Dippers maybe)
Yes I was also curious about the much-hyped Andro - need to listen to a pair myself to really hear the difference and what all the fuss is about. If I’m going to be spending as much as an Auteur or HD800 on an IEM, it needs to sound at least as good as those.

May 15, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #51 of 1,922
Hah, I feel the same thing now comparing my new FH5 to Beyerdynamic Amiron :) FH5 costs 2.5 times less, but I can't definitely say they sound worse or less exciting to me. So much fun in such a small IEM. So now I'm considering about swapping IFI iDSD to M11 for more convenience, can't wait to compare the sound.
That would be a very interesting comparison indeed. You should be able to feed the iDSD with the M11, in which case you can make a 1:1 comparison of the SQ.

May 15, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #52 of 1,922
The M11 does look nice indeed. But i am waiting for the Q5s with the THX module. I don't need another screen to have to interact with lol Hell after buying the EarStudio ES100 i have to say just using ldac over bluetooth has spoiled me. lol
I’m waiting for Fiio to release a BT dongle that matches the features of the ES100 and then I’ll bite. Of course then I may just end up using my phone and dongle for everything. Talk about anti-audiophile!

May 15, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #53 of 1,922
So these (review units) landed with me yesterday and today I spent a little more time with this pairing. Very early impressions... Sounds nice! :) Using the reference filter set, the FH7 have quite a strong low end that has a nice body to it, but is well controlled and does not overpower the mids. The mids are nice and clear with good/clear vocals, slightly favouring female vocals over male due to (my guess) a lower treble lift. The treble is quite sparkly and has a little bite to it. Because I am quite treble sensitive I gravitated towards the bass boost filters, which is a little warmer and more laid back, with in my opinion a better balance between vocals. Male vocals get that nice chestiness to them while female vocals get a hint of sweetness. Overall the sound feels more on the fun side with a great bass and sparkly treble to add a bit of excitement.

Changing the filters was easy and this system seems to be better implemented than with other IEMs I have had that had a similar system (Trinity Vyrus). Fit is great and the size of the shells is not too big so that I get a nice flush fit.

FH7_M11(small).JPG

May 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #54 of 1,922
So these (review units) landed with me yesterday and today I spent a little more time with this pairing. Very early impressions... Sounds nice! :) Using the reference filter set, the FH7 have quite a strong low end that has a nice body to it, but is well controlled and does not overpower the mids. The mids are nice and clear with good/clear vocals, slightly favouring female vocals over male due to (my guess) a lower treble lift. The treble is quite sparkly and has a little bite to it. Because I am quite treble sensitive I gravitated towards the bass boost filters, which is a little warmer and more laid back, with in my opinion a better balance between vocals. Male vocals get that nice chestiness to them while female vocals get a hint of sweetness. Overall the sound feels more on the fun side with a great bass and sparkly treble to add a bit of excitement.

Changing the filters was easy and this system seems to be better implemented than with other IEMs I have had that had a similar system (Trinity Vyrus). Fit is great and the size of the shells is not too big so that I get a nice flush fit.

Great feedback. Are you able to compare them side by side with the FH5? Specifically looking at mids (FH5 mids are fairly forward so how do the FH7 sound by comparison?). Also soundstage - love the wide stage of the FH5, they almost sound ‘open’. How do the FH7 compare? And as for bass, is the sub bass as deep and muscular as the FH5, and is the midbass also linear and not bloated? Lastly, how much ‘deeper’ would you say the insertion is of the FH7? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #55 of 1,922
Great feedback. Are you able to compare them side by side with the FH5? Specifically looking at mids (FH5 mids are fairly forward so how do the FH7 sound by comparison?). Also soundstage - love the wide stage of the FH5, they almost sound ‘open’. How do the FH7 compare? And as for bass, is the sub bass as deep and muscular as the FH5, and is the midbass also linear and not bloated? Lastly, how much ‘deeper’ would you say the insertion is of the FH7? Thanks in advance.
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't compare to the FH5, as I don't have them around and never heard them. The FH7 have quite linear mids, but I am a mid-lover and used to mid-centric IEMs, so they might well feel a little forward for you. There is certainly nothing lacking there (not V-shaped). I also noticed that they have that 'open' sound you were describing for the FH5 and the midbass is not bloated at all, well controlled and impactful I would say. So it might be that the DNA has remained roughly the same. If I get an opportunity I will see if I can demo the FH5.

Insertion is not that deep and the FH7 sit deep enough for a secure fit, but I don't feel like it is getting close to the second bend of my ear canal (with me some IEMs feel like that and it causes fit issues).

May 15, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #56 of 1,922
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't compare to the FH5, as I don't have them around and never heard them. The FH7 have quite linear mids, but I am a mid-lover and used to mid-centric IEMs, so they might well feel a little forward for you. There is certainly nothing lacking there (not V-shaped). I also noticed that they have that 'open' sound you were describing for the FH5 and the midbass is not bloated at all, well controlled and impactful I would say. So it might be that the DNA has remained roughly the same. If I get an opportunity I will see if I can demo the FH5.

Insertion is not that deep and the FH7 sit deep enough for a secure fit, but I don't feel like it is getting close to the second bend of my ear canal (with me some IEMs feel like that and it causes fit issues).
That’s not what I want to hear, I don’t need new IEMs! :p Would be great if you can snag a pair of FH5s to compare - I know hundreds of FH5 users will be waiting with baited breath for that comparison!

May 15, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #57 of 1,922
As a happy owner of the FH5, im interested in this FH7, but don’t know about the long-term reliability of the interchangeable filters, also prefer to have a fixed nozzle, maybe im wrong and this is the way to have better sound.
What I love is the look and color, why they have to be that expensive!

May 15, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #59 of 1,922
My review units landed yesterday as well. Here's the FH7 (silent) unboxing:

May 16, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #60 of 1,922
FiiO FH7 New 4 Balanced Armatures 1 Dynamic Driver Flagship IEMs will be released to worldwide market by early June, if everything goes smoothly.

In order to satisfy the needs of customers who want to get the FH7 at this very early stage, we have arranged a very small quantity on FiiO Aliexpress store (>> Click here to grab one). So first come, first served! Good luck! :beyersmile:

I just orderee this morning from norway When will it be shipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back