[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #241 of 1,922
I see, what would difference that these silver cables have over the ones that come with fh7?
They’ll be brighter. And if you get the balanced version they’ll be better with the M11 (or any other balanced dap). I’m not a fan of silver cables but that’s just me.

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #242 of 1,922
You don't get a free cable with a purchase of FH7, you get a chance to win the cable.
Where did you get that info from? According to what I've read it's not a raffle type of thing, as long as you're within the first 50 you'll be able to get the cable

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #244 of 1,922
Where did it say first 50? i got mines ordered on amazon...

just feel disapointed Fiio has a better cable and not include it in FH7..
I got the info from this post, you'll find it in the third bullet point in the T&C. I might just purchase the D cable since it has the L shaped jack which I like

20190609_103224.jpg

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #245 of 1,922
Where did you get that info from? According to what I've read it's not a raffle type of thing, as long as you're within the first 50 you'll be able to get the cable
Yeah, the first 50 according to them. Unless they're updating the list of winners publicly as submissions come in, you have no way of knowing if you're in the first 50.

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #246 of 1,922
So I received the FH7s about 4 days ago. I love the FH5 but was very excited about a larger sound stage and longer nozzles etc. After reading reviews and discussions about them I feel I may have a bad pair of them. The sub bass is almost non existent and the treble is quite silibant. It sounds a bit plastic. I have tried all filters and different tips, changed the cable and burned them in about 12 hours and it’s still the same. They sound no where near the FH5 in terms of fullness and sub bass but the sound stage is way bigger. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I am very disappointed with the sound and feel like all the reviewers are praising them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #247 of 1,922
So I received the FH7s about 4 days ago. I love the FH5 but was very excited about a larger sound stage and longer nozzles etc. After reading reviews and discussions about them I feel I may have a bad pair of them. The sub bass is almost non existent and the treble is quite silibant. It sounds a bit plastic. I have tried all filters and different tips, changed the cable and burned them in about 12 hours and it’s still the same. They sound no where near the FH5 in terms of fullness and sub bass but the sound stage is way bigger. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I am very disappointed with the sound and feel like all the reviewers are praising them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hmm, I suspect that like me you’re a fan of the FH5’s insanely good sub bass weight and rumble, linear midbass and balanced FR further along the curve. The early ‘impressions’ from reviewers I trust made me a bit wary of the FH7 - mainly because bass was reported to be much leaner than the FH5, and the overall tuning brighter. This sounds like exactly what you’re reporting here, and points to a far more neutral tuning that may not be us FH5 fans’ cup of tea.

What are you using to drive them, by the way?

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #249 of 1,922
Thanks for the reply. That’s probably what it is. I was just confused because some reviews were praising the bass and said it goes deeper than FH5. The treble is quite harsh and that was praised as smooth.

To answer your question I am using FiiO Q5.
Those same reviews probably consider the FH5 ‘basshead’ (they certainly are not) and the treble not detailed enough (it definitely is). The FH7, from what I’ve seen, is going for a flatter “audiophile” tuning that doesn’t favour any one frequency, but coming from the FH5 will sound less weighty, brighter and more detailed. Like I said, not everyone’s cup of tea if you’re a fan of a more ‘fun’ tuning.

The only issue I have with the FH5 is the occasional pitchy or shouty upper midrange on poor recordings. How do you find the FH7’s mids?

Regardless, for twice the price of the FH5 I would expect the FH7 to be a significant upgrade, failing which they’re not worth the cost if you ask me.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #250 of 1,922
I guess I was expecting improvements to the FH5 because the name is FH7. It’s really just a different animal geared towards a more neutral sound signature which I really enjoy. It is just too sibilant. The mids are a bit more forward than FH5 to my ears. I guess my expectations were not set correctly. I really appreciate your feedback as I am struggling with this as I compare them.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #251 of 1,922
I guess I was expecting improvements to the FH5 because the name is FH7. It’s really just a different animal geared towards a more neutral sound signature which I really enjoy. It is just too sibilant. The mids are a bit more forward than FH5 to my ears. I guess my expectations were not set correctly. I really appreciate your feedback as I am struggling with this as I compare them.
Keep at it. Sometimes the best gear is not immediately impressive. That said, if the mids are more forward than the FH5, then it fails at the ONE aspect of the FH5 I would consider an upgrade. And if there’s even a hint of sibilance, it’s a downgrade in my opinion (considering the FH5 has zero sibilance). I did read somewhere the FH7 needs something like 100 hours burn-in, which is strange given it’s an IEM, but you never know. The FH5 sounded great out the box and didn’t change much at all over time.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #253 of 1,922
As for me, I found the fh7 better sounding than my previous fh5. Stage is better, separation is better, even oveall bass is better. I am not an audiophile, nor an expert, but ABing the two for a short while convinced me about that. Anyway, small EQing the lowest frequencies (on my es100) add more muscle to the bass. Happy with the fh7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back