XERO1

Headphoneus Supremus
2019_195.jpeg

2019_213.jpeg

2019_204.jpeg

2019_210.jpeg

fh7 2.png

FH7 FR 01.jpg

FiiO's new FH7 hybrid flagship has been announced!!

It should start shipping in late June and it will have a MSRP of $449.99

For more info, click on link below:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/above-beyond丨fiio-2019-spring-launch-event丨march-16丨music-player丨amplifier丨earphones丨accessories.901177/page-16

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 25
:nerd:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 25
At $450, I'm curious if it will stand as much of a chance as the FH5. It's no secret that the $300 IEM price point is total garbage, with the only real recommendations being the ER4, Massdrop + if that's your thing, and maybe one or two others. It was refreshing to see the FH5 show up in there because as someone who has that budget, it's always been Etymotic or go up to $400 for HS1551. At $450, the FH7 is going to have to stack up against the Moondrop Blessing and the HS1551 even.

Mar 16, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 25
How exciting! Can't wait to hear reviews and comparisons, especially to the FH5. 82.1% bigger dynamic driver than the FH5.. should be some interesting implications for bass.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 25
Why is the bass gone? Why do people hate bass :frowning2:
I think they are trying to achieve neutrality across the spectrum but there are different filter for different profiles. So you can still get back the bass maybe by changing it?

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 25
As a FH5 and IMR R1 & Zenith owner, I can say that with a DD that large it has the potential for alot of bass. The filters will probably make the difference. One graph with no labels as to which filter was used won't explain much. More than likely, it was probably the neutral filter to give a baseline reading of sound. We won't really know until more graphs are available with the specific filters labeled and they are reviewed. People say that the FA7 is darker sounding than the FH5 but with less bass so who knows. To me, it would seem that Fiio is giving us a choice of preferred sound. Again, I mentioned the IMRs because of what filters can do to sound. Iems can be treble cannons or mini subwoofers with the proper filters. Hopefully, Fiio has implemented this ability properly on the FH7s. Only time will tell...

Mar 18, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 25
As a FH5 and IMR R1 & Zenith owner, I can say that with a DD that large it has the potential for alot of bass. The filters will probably make the difference. One graph with no labels as to which filter was used won't explain much. More than likely, it was probably the neutral filter to give a baseline reading of sound. We won't really know until more graphs are available with the specific filters labeled and they are reviewed. People say that the FA7 is darker sounding than the FH5 but with less bass so who knows. To me, it would seem that Fiio is giving us a choice of preferred sound. Again, I mentioned the IMRs because of what filters can do to sound. Iems can be treble cannons or mini subwoofers with the proper filters. Hopefully, Fiio has implemented this ability properly on the FH7s. Only time will tell...
This is very true! Cannot agreed with this anymore. We shall wait till the IEM is ready and released in the market. Filters are good implementation :)

Mar 18, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 25
Over the past few weeks, I have been seriously considering upgrading from my 1more quads to either the FiiO FH5s, the Massdrop Plus, or the Acoustune hs1551, and I've been super indecisive on which one of the three to get, especially since there's no way that I know of to demo these before purchasing. Hopefully, if these turn out to be great I can have an easy choice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back