FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #946 of 2,767
I am trying to resist other purchases, including sales, so I have the cash to put toward the FH5s. If the FH5s has notable peaks at 5 or 6 kHz, like the FD5, I will likely pass on the FH5s.

FD5.jpg
FD5 doesn't sound too harsh though, to my ears. Have you heard it?

Apr 5, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #947 of 2,767
FD5 doesn't sound too harsh though, to my ears. Have you heard it?
I know what my personal hearing sensitivities are and have read many reviews from trusted reviewers that mention the FD5's treble as being a potential issue for some that are treble sensitive. From past experience, a spike at 5-6 kHz, like the one that the FD5 has, is annoying to me and it oftentimes sets off my tinnitus. I don't EQ because I might as well purchase an IEM whose tuning I like instead of dressing up one I do not like.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #948 of 2,767
I know what my personal hearing sensitivities are and have read many reviews from trusted reviewers that mention the FD5's treble as being a potential issue for some that are treble sensitive. From past experience, a spike at 5-6 kHz, like the one that the FD5 has, is annoying to me and it oftentimes sets off my tinnitus. I don't EQ because I might as well purchase an IEM whose tuning I like instead of dressing up one I do not like.
Okay. Tinnitus is a serious issue. And I also hold same view towards eq-ing from the days when my daily driver was Soundmagic E50C.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #951 of 2,767
You know seeing how good the FD5 is, and how that IEM is constructed, I kinda think that they developed it to perfect the DD technology so that they can step things up and put two of it along with two BAs to ensure a full coverage of the spectrum. They probably know how to house the DDs in a way that it'll remove distortion and interference and let the BAs truly speak their language. Just me and my $0.02.

I truly am awaiting this beast. I really love my FD5 to bits.

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #957 of 2,767
FH5S is hybrid, it is a different series from FD5
Okay, I'll be more specific. I loved FD5, but even with the larger bore and sednaearfit light tips, on very very rare occasion the bass was slightly much than my preference, and the midrange tonality was slightly warmer than 3DT. Nothing dela breaking, though. If I did not have UM 3DT, I would have picked up FD5 in a heartbeat and I would be committed to it for a lifetime.

Now, will the FH5s be one such thing, or even better?

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #958 of 2,767
Well, I was hoping to have these fully encapsulated into custom bodies but my ears are too small so they compromised and made custom tips

Finally got them back this morning and it's amazing to have something fully sealed, really enriches the sound. Bass is really nicely extended and punchy and the highs are very enjoyable

Attachments

• 20210409_132258.jpg
    20210409_132258.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210409_142731.jpg
    20210409_142731.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #959 of 2,767
Well, I was hoping to have these fully encapsulated into custom bodies but my ears are too small so they compromised and made custom tips

Finally got them back this morning and it's amazing to have something fully sealed, really enriches the sound. Bass is really nicely extended and punchy and the highs are very enjoyable
Where did you get the custom tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back