FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #97 of 2,258
I am also curious about the pricing, @FastAndClean , FiiO seems to always quote the price at 260$ in the current marketing materials. Is it from their official store, or the price is the local price in a certain shop, where there may be VAT and the shop's own comission implied?
there is no pricing on the official site

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #102 of 2,258
Jun 27, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #105 of 2,258
Usual disclaimer about my measurements:

The graph below is generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget. Above about 9 kHz the measurements are never going to be accurate - even if they are consistent. Slight changes in angle can push the measurements all over the place. The rest of the curve is pretty good though (or at least I think it is).

I do not claim that the measurements are in any way more accurate than anyone else's, but they have been proven to be consistent and I think they should be enough to give a reasonable idea of response - especially if you've followed any of my other reviews. When measuring I always use crystal foam tips (so medium bore opening) - and the reason I use them is for very consistent seal and placement depth in the coupler. I use the same amp (E11K) for all my measurements - and output is under 1 ohm.

Any graphs are provided merely as a point of discussion, and for comparisons to other IEMs I have measure on the same rig for similar reference.

As you can see - the channel matching es excellent!! Balance is really good - bass definitely present but not overpowering. Kind of reminds me of bass like the RE2000 - just perfect balance. Faster than I expected too - but the impact is really good. Vocals / guitars etc are where the emphasis is, and the elevation in upper mids gives a lot of intimacy (I wouldn't call these spacious - most IEMs aren't). Mid-range is really well done - both male and female vocals sound really good (to my preferences anyway). Treble is interesting - great extension but not overdone at all. I think the balance overall is the key. Cymbal hits are very good with nice decay, but they do sit back the tiniest bit. So the 7-8 kHz peak FiiO shows in their measurements - I'm not hearing with this pair (its more a polite bump). The extension is great and so is the detail (without the harshness).

This may be honeymoon period, but already I love this tuning.

Build seems to be spot on - very good cable. Off to do more listening .....

Very interested to hear more about how these compare to other IEMs both in and around this price range - especially the Campfire Orion/Comet, Brainwavz B400, and Oriveti New Primacy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back