FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #1,699 of 2,258
By the way anyone else experiencing cable stiffening? The parts of the cable that touch my skin have become pretty stiff in just 5 months They can't support the weight of the IEM yet but they're getting there.
I was just noticing that myself. I've been using my LC-2.5B regularly for 4 months, and the cable above the chin slider is noticeably stiffer than the cable directly below it. I haven't found it to be an issue for me, though.

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #1,701 of 2,258
Sidecross: I feel you are about 50% correct. Right on about listening to music, but I like to get a little guidance from reviewers and descriptions of the earphones. I am retired on a fixed income, and can't afford to buy every new iem. Every purchase is a gamble, so at least knowing if it is leaning leaning bright, warm, or neutral can help me in my decision making. Now, saying this, I should note that I am particular about which reviewers I trust. I am very leary of reviewers on here who always give nothing bu 4 or 5 stars.

Jan 17, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #1,702 of 2,258
Sidecross: I feel you are about 50% correct. Right on about listening to music, but I like to get a little guidance from reviewers and descriptions of the earphones. I am retired on a fixed income, and can't afford to buy every new iem. Every purchase is a gamble, so at least knowing if it is leaning leaning bright, warm, or neutral can help me in my decision making. Now, saying this, I should note that I am particular about which reviewers I trust. I am very leary of reviewers on here who always give nothing bu 4 or 5 stars.
I would never complain about being 50% correct and like yourself I am retired and live on a pension.

I too like learning about iem's and the people here and elsewhere have valuable information. What I discovered is that my fiio q5 was the most needed component in my listening to what these iem's are capable of providing. The q5 brought up the iem to a newer and better level.

I spend a good quality of lime listening to audio books and other oral word presentations and many iem's are capable, but music needs both a good iem and dac/amp to get the best of what either the fh5 or fa7 can provide,

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #1,703 of 2,258
compare.jpg Detail.jpg CP 100.jpg I have to warn against the disappointment that comes after buying SpinFit 155. I use 3 sets of CP100 - size L (FiiO F9, FH5 and BGVP DMG), which has an inside diameter of 3.8 mm and now I have to secure them with a thread. It is predictable what will be the CP155 with an average diameter of 5.5 mm. The fault of all manufacturers of tips is short neck, it could be generally 7-8 mm long and the user can shorten it as needed. Take it simple would it be.
But the norm is the Chinese ear that is a disaster for a eared white population.

BGVP DMG stands 100% for purchases - after replacing the supplied cable for the FiiO LC3.5B
Thicker neck and better shape. Rich reserve in bass and balanced sound profile at folk cost.
Even all the L-size tips you've just delivered are just fine, and I'm really editing the sound - especially the amount of bass, the other stuff is OK for all the music.
Replaceable filters are more decorative. Of the usual price of about 170-180 $, BGVP DMG 112-115 $ stands today. Well of course, the addition of a rubber gasket to 3.5 mm diameter water-jet leads makes it a perfect product. BGVP DMG needs a filter lock - released immediately after the first shot of the tip. Gently pressed rubber to secure them perfectly.
Strong basses do not need to worry, swapping the tip with the nose through the hole reduces them.

This unpaid promotion is mainly for FiiO designers.
Design and laboratory-tested sound is great, but certainly not all ..
Well and greet the reviewers with full boxes of tested products

Sorry for my google translation - I did not program it. Oh she is actually free

Attachments

• CP 145.jpg
    CP 145.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CP 155.jpg
    CP 155.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #1,705 of 2,258
"...But the norm is the Chinese ear that is a disaster for a eared white population....'

I am white as a sheet and my ears may be small, that does not change that I am a Homo sapien sapien. My ears are human not Chinese. :)

happy man, and I congratulate: obviously missing sizes of tips like XXL for the smokers like me

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #1,706 of 2,258
"...But the norm is the Chinese ear that is a disaster for a eared white population....'

I am white as a sheet and my ears may be small, that does not change that I am a Homo sapien sapien. My ears are human not Chinese. :)

Original poster already mentioned the post was translated and therefore some meaning must be lost. Since yours does not seem translated is there any loss of meaning in your post? Meaning Chinese ears not human? Not very nice.

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #1,707 of 2,258
Hi guys!

I'm having a hard time deciding if the Fiio FH5 will be a real upgrade over my Vsonic GR07 BEs.
Right now the FH5 is on sale for $211 and I paid $93 for the gr07.
My only gripe(it's a pretty big one though) with the vsonic pair is in the 6k region(they already have been burned in for 150-200 hours). When I'm listening to Dire Straits, for example, these sound wonderful.... bass extension and speed is great, mids are a bit recessed and highs have the sparkle and aggressiveness they need without being harsh. Now I'm also a metal head and I frequently listen to Nightwish(my name says it all), Wintersun, Metallica and Megadeth and with these bands that 6k peak really bothers me.... sure you'll say that's because of the poor mastering, but on my k712, HD650 or momentum m2s I never notice any sibilance.

Now, if anyone of you listened to a pair of gr07 and has the fh5, would you please share your impressions by comparing them? Also is paying double the price justified?
All I'm looking for is a smoother treble response and maybe a touch more mids for those crunchy guitar riffs.

P. S. : My source for IEMs is a Fiio M7 DAP
P. S. S. : I can only wear the vsonic pair with the smallest silicone tips... my ear canal is too small and foamies won't fit.

Thank you all for taking your time!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #1,709 of 2,258
I don't own the GR07, but from what I've read they are a outstanding iem for the money. What I also read was that they are known for sibilant treble. I don't get any harsh treble with my HF5. Keep in mind the HF5 is famous for forward mids, which you said you are looking for. The GR07 is made of plastic with not a great cable, where the FH5 is made of metal with a great cable. In my opinion the FH5 would be a upgrade from the GR07 for you, if it's within your budget.

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,710 of 2,258
I don't own the GR07, but from what I've read they are a outstanding iem for the money. What I also read was that they are known for sibilant treble. I don't get any harsh treble with my HF5. Keep in mind the HF5 is famous for forward mids, which you said you are looking for. The GR07 is made of plastic with not a great cable, where the FH5 is made of metal with a great cable. In my opinion the FH5 would be a upgrade from the GR07 for you, if it's within your budget.
Agreed. Plenty of guitar crunch in the mids and a non sibilant treble region makes the FH5 a great listen, if that’s how you like your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back