FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Nov 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #1,217 of 2,258
I received mine today and I'm quite happy so far. I've only listened for an hour or so but I can tell these are going to be fantastic. I ordered some foam Dekoni tips as well as some Symbio W. I can't wait to get these dialed in! Props to Fiio for doing all that you do!

C33lLW.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #1,218 of 2,258
I received mine today and I'm quite happy so far. I've only listened for an hour or so but I can tell these are going to be fantastic. I ordered some foam Dekoni tips as well as some Symbio W. I can't wait to get these dialed in! Props to Fiio for doing all that you do!

C33lLW.jpg

Really nice photo though :)

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #1,219 of 2,258
Really nice photo though :)

Thanks! They are beautiful. A work of art really. Looking forward to trying some tips out. I usually go with Comply but wanted to try the Symbio W on these first as well as the Dekoni. I’ll report back!

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #1,221 of 2,258
I bought it04 yesterday, sit listening. They sound very different than fiio fh5. Not better. Not worse. Just different. I really like quiet sound and relaxed Fiio.

No. As an owner of both iems. Your completely wrong on how your hearing the IT04. But from just a demo I can see how your getting your information from especially if you don't have a correct tip in your ears. You might not have gotten a proper seal from the earphones. All earphones will sound like that if you don't have a proper seal in the ear.

IT04 and FH5 are completely different in tuning. IT04 is more neutral refrence tuned. The FH5 is more vocal forward fuller mid range sounding with less stage and less detailed in the treble to mids. Bass is tighter on the IT04 with FH5 having more mids bass emphasis over the IT04. Quality of bass is higher than the FH5. FH5 having a bit more quantity.

Different tuning for different type of sound. I can compare the IT04 to earphones in the 1K-2K range. The FH5 not so much unfortunately. FH5 is great for the price no doubt but maybe next year they can come up with a higher end tuning.
Now I am owner two's too. You was not right in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #1,222 of 2,258
Few words of comparision to Shure SE535?

Well I used to have some Shure 420s which cost about the same (as FH5s do now, i.e. a bit over £200) 8 years ago (535s were much more expensive in the UK). The 420s were horrible. Very disappointing, no sparkle (weak treble), no sense of space (little sense of instruments being separated). I had had some Sleek SA-5s before. These were great fun - all sorts of adjustable bits, so you could tune them to the sort of sound you wanted. Unfortunately all the bits were plastic and delicate so they broke fairly soon. I bought the 420s as replacements. Bad move. The 420s were completely different from the FH5s which are amazingly exciting (not disappointing), have sparkling clarity, and create a fantastic sense of space. I haven't tried the higher end Shures but I'm not inclined to based on my experience of £200 420s.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #1,223 of 2,258
I removed the stem screen, added some Comply tips, and let them burn in for 18 hours straight and they are sounding very good. The bass seems to have tightened up and is more controlled. I’m really enjoying these and look forward to trying the Symbio and Dekoni tips as soon as they arrive. If they don’t improve the sound... I’ll still be quite content with the Complys! Using them mainly with X5 III / A5 amp combo. Continually impressed with the quality and value Fiio is bringing to market!

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #1,224 of 2,258
Just received the FH5s and am impressed thus far. Been using them with an iPhone 8 with either a Fiio Q1 Mk II or the Fiio Q5 and they sound great. Unlike some other IEMs I have that are fatiguing from a sound perspective, the FH5s are not and can listen to them for long sessions around 2-3 hours. Looking forward seeing how the FH5s change with more time, and exploring other tips.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #1,225 of 2,258
I just have to reiterate that these are the most comfortable IEMs I've ever tried. I've been wearing them all day and there is zero discomfort in and around my ears, and the stock cable is very unobtrusive. I normally hate ear guides, but these ones are great. I ordered the LC-2.5C so I can plug it into the balanced port of the Q1 Mark II.
@CFGamescape Wondering where you ordered the LC-2.5C cable from as I'm looking to get the same cable.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #1,226 of 2,258
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #1,228 of 2,258
@CFGamescape Wondering where you ordered the LC-2.5C cable from as I'm looking to get the same cable.

The ones I saw on Ebay were $99. AliExpress has them for $60-70. I just ordered a LC-3.5C.

Anyone receive an LC-2.5/3.5/4.4C cable yet? How noticeable was the improvement with the FH5 over the stock LC-3.5B cable?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #1,230 of 2,258
The ones I saw on Aliexpress were not available at the $60 price until a certain date? I wasn’t sure, never bought off Aliexpress. So, I just went with eBay. Maybe I should have just gone with Ali. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back