FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jun 24, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #1,954 of 2,258
Negative on the cp145. also like the bassier sound from the cp100

Thanks. Was going to try the sound of CP145 but will pass then, if u say they’re as bassy as CP100.

Granted, I find SpinFit tips are the best in terms of fit among all the tips I’ve tried. Second would the Symbio W tips. But I ended up using the Symbio tips peeled for a more balanced sound. It also helped to tame a bit of the 2khz peak of the FH5 and reduced the need for eq (I’m able to run it flat now).

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #1,955 of 2,258
Negative on the cp145. also like the bassier sound from the cp100

Thanks. Was going to try the sound of CP145 but will pass then, if u say they’re as bassy as CP100.

Granted, I find SpinFit tips are the best in terms of fit among all the tips I’ve tried. Second would the Symbio W tips. But I ended up using the Symbio tips peeled for a more balanced sound. It also helped to tame a bit of the 2khz peak of the FH5 and reduced the need for eq (I’m able to run it flat now).

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,957 of 2,258
So as it turns out removing the grille on the FH5 doesn't do anything besides making it more prone to clogging up.
asdasdasd.png
I knew it the second that one guy told us to do it... you know which guy I mean.. The guy that praised the BGVP DM6 to heaven.
I ordered the DM6... It is one of the worst IEM´s I have ever heard. On the same level with the cheapest stuff you can get.
Don't know how you can produce something so awful with such nice components.
The person who has tuned the DM6 must be old.
I don't know how old the guy is I am talking about but ill guess he can't hear 16k anymore.
The spike at 16k is INSANE.

They sound like you put your old mobile phone in a plastic cup to boost the audio and then add a cheap sub woofer.

And no.. My unit is not broken. i measured it.. Just a bad bad IEM
The second I heard that thing I knew that he is full of crap and something is wrong with his hearing.
You shouldn't take audio advice from someone who started out with bass tests.

P.S.
I've just visited the DM6 thread.. And read the phase "cable burn in" =D

People do make up funny stuff to justify a bad purchase.

Does someone want to buy a pair of BGVP DM6's? I've heard they are pretty AMAZING :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #1,958 of 2,258

I think the CP145's are less bassy than the CP100's (got both)
I found the 145's the only tips that really fit me with the FH5's but i still found the nozzles a little too short still for a great fit in my ears

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,959 of 2,258
So as it turns out removing the grille on the FH5 doesn't do anything besides making it more prone to clogging up.

I knew it the second that one guy told us to do it... you know which guy I mean.. The guy that praised the BGVP DM6 to heaven.
I ordered the DM6... It is one of the worst IEM´s I have ever heard. On the same level with the cheapest stuff you can get.
I don't know how old the guy is I am talking about but ill guess he can't hear 16k anymore.

They sound like you put your old mobile phone in a plastic cup to boost the audio and then add a cheap sub woofer.

The second I heard that thing I knew that he is full of crap and something is wrong with his hearing.

P.S.

Does someone want to buy a pair of BGVP DM6's? I've heard they are pretty AMAZING :wink:
I'll admit I was one of those people. I really thought I heard a difference initially. A week later decided to put the grilles back on and didn't notice any change. They've stayed on since then.

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #1,960 of 2,258
I think the CP145's are less bassy than the CP100's (got both)
I found the 145's the only tips that really fit me with the FH5's but i still found the nozzles a little too short still for a great fit in my ears

I understand your frustration. I hope to see FiiO improve on the design of the FH series in the future for better fit and seal.

So far the cp100 is holding up for me. It has a little more bass with a similar sound quality to the stock balanced tips which I like but couldn’t get a good seal on. The extra bass could be due the 100’s having a good seal though. It’s ok so far but will be trying out some alternative tips as well. I may get some cp145 too to see how it sounds with the larger bore.

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,961 of 2,258
I understand your frustration. I hope to see FiiO improve on the design of the FH series in the future for better fit and seal.

So far the cp100 is holding up for me. It has a little more bass with a similar sound quality to the stock balanced tips which I like but couldn’t get a good seal on. The extra bass could be due the 100’s having a good seal though. It’s ok so far but will be trying out some alternative tips as well. I may get some cp145 too to see how it sounds with the larger bore.
Yeah .. that's the issue ... getting a perfect seal with the FH5's was a challenge.... i could but it wasn't stable ... meaning they'd work loose over the course of a few tracks and need reseating.
Looks like the black FH5's are longer which would be brilliant - i loved the sound but just not the fit .... plus the new FH7's look similarly longer.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,963 of 2,258
Just a little tip for those struggling with the fit (I was definitely one). Cut a little spacer from one of the un-used bass tips, about 1½ - 2mm should be fine. Push this onto the nozzle as far as it will go then follow up with your favourite tip (my weapon of choice is the spiral dot ml) Then if like me you find them occasionally coming off in the ears, take a thin cut of pvc insulation tape, and tape the bottom of the tip to the spacer (see pics), and voilà. Worked well for me and worth a try.
20190626_191334.jpg
20190626_191347.jpg

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #1,964 of 2,258

P.S.

Guilty. All I could think about since taking off the mesh was "EAR WAX"! There's a reason those damn things are there in the first place. Just put mine back in and guess what, they sound EXACTLY the same (shock horror!). Let's hope they're not already too clogged :p

Jun 30, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #1,965 of 2,258
Yeah, taking off the grills which protect the internal components seems like a bad idea tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back