FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #571 of 2,767
I’ve had mine a couple weeks now and they are a joy to listen to. Bright and clear with such a nice bass authority. At work I often listen to podcasts but lately with the FH3 I find myself preferring music as it sounds so good. Still using my ES100 but looking at the Qudelix

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #572 of 2,767
Oct 9, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #573 of 2,767
Which is better: fiio q1 mkII to go with the blo bl 03 or a fiio fh3?

I really want to get an upgrade in my portable sound. I have a Moondrop Starfield, a Blon bl 03 and an old Dunu dn 1000.

So, for something to be an upgrade in sound to those, what should I look for? People recommended the ibasso it00, but it's kind of hard to import to my country. So... I pretty much prefer a chifi recommendation!

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #574 of 2,767
Just tried the FH3 with the Kbear Rhyme I got in my AliExpress haul today, synergizes very well, such smoothness and body. I do feel like the treble might be the weakest point of the FH3 though, just a little too recessed sometimes, and if you find it too mellow then a pure silver cable might be better? But I also have the T2+ which I find to have slightly superior (or perhaps just more emphasized) treble, so the added smoothness and body with the Rhyme and FH3 is perfect for the IEM duo I got going right now.

Incidentally I did get the NM2+ in today as well, and it’s definitely not the tuning I’m looking for. Seems great for what it is, just not for what I want, so I’m selling it and sticking to the T2+ and FH3... and trying not to purchase the Mangird Tea which I just saw is back up on Drop...
I really like the Mangird Tea. I listen to it almost as much as I do the MEST. That being said, with the rate things are coming out in Chi-Fi, you may want to just sit back, relax, and enjoy tunes on your excellent T2+ and FH3 for now. Just keep up with all the new stuff, and wait till something irresistible catches your eye/ear. I personally don’t find any major weaknesses with either the T2+ or FH3.

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #575 of 2,767
Which is better: fiio q1 mkII to go with the blo bl 03 or a fiio fh3?

I really want to get an upgrade in my portable sound. I have a Moondrop Starfield, a Blon bl 03 and an old Dunu dn 1000.

So, for something to be an upgrade in sound to those, what should I look for? People recommended the ibasso it00, but it's kind of hard to import to my country. So... I pretty much prefer a chifi recommendation!

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!
I have the Starfield, BL03 and FH3. All respond well depending on the source you feed them with. FH3 loves Mojo/Poly, but hisses like a snake with Tera Player. the Starfield and BL03 can do well with Tera Player, but Mojo/Poly sounds better with the FH3. Synergy with your other components is important and can change your perception greatly

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #577 of 2,767
Screenshot_20201009-112835068 (1).jpg
hello, this is my EQ for the FH3,
could you recommend iem with this sound signature,
so, more lower mid, less upper mid, less treble under 10kHz, more upper treble (after 10kHz)

thank you,
@RikudouGoku @IEMusic @Dsnuts @felix3650
I can‘t think of anything that would be exactly that. Other than the upper treble extension, perhaps the Final Audio E3000 would work. Maybe the Shozy Form 1.1, except for the 8 KHz peak. The ones that I can think of that would fit the best, with treble extension, but probably a little more upper mids or treble than you find ideal, are the UM MEST, Sony IER-M7, M9, and Z1R. They are a lot more pricy though. As @RikudouGoku mentioned, there is the LZ A7, as it is tunable.

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #578 of 2,767
Oct 9, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #579 of 2,767
I can‘t think of anything that would be exactly that. Other than the upper treble extension, perhaps the Final Audio E3000 would work. Maybe the Shozy Form 1.1, except for the 8 KHz peak. The ones that I can think of that would fit the best, with treble extension, but probably a little more upper mids or treble than you find ideal, are the UM MEST, Sony IER-M7, M9, and Z1R. They are a lot more pricy though. As @RikudouGoku mentioned, there is the LZ A7, as it is tunable.
yes the A7 should be the closest.

Not many chi-fi iems are tuned that way as most are boosting the lower treble as a way to compensate for bad treble extension.

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #581 of 2,767
can you give a brief comparison between these three? I have the bl03, dont know how much of an upgrade ll the fh3 be considering almost 4 times the price.
Diminishing returns will make it so you wont get a 4x times increase in SQ even if you are paying 4x the price.

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #582 of 2,767
can you give a brief comparison between these three? I have the bl03, dont know how much of an upgrade ll the fh3 be considering almost 4 times the price.
If I had to choose one of the 3 it would be Starfield because it works the best with all the playback sources I own. Like I said previously, synergy is an important factor (for me). If my only source was Mojo/Poly I would pick FH3, but I own multiple portables and each brings something unique to my ears. BL03 is good to knock around with and not worry if they get roughed up, but I would rank them last of the 3 according to my ears

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #583 of 2,767
It's always about proportions and about what you value the most in sound quality. It all depends if that upgrade is going to make it worth it for you or not.
I can bet that 10e earphones are not proportionally 10x worse than a 100e earphone, but I can say that even if that difference is not that big, once you get used to a certain standard of sound quality, It's really harss to try to get satisfaction from a "downgrade".

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #584 of 2,767
Hi! I am also interested in the NM2+ and would be interested to hear your comparison to the FH3. How does the fit compare? Any particular pros/cons?
My ears really don't play well with QDC connectors, I haven't had one yet that hasn't had the ear guides ripping them out or preventing a good seating. But other than the cable the fit and comfort of the NM2+ seem great. Isolation not the best. Insertion depth changes the sound dramatically for me, so tip rolling is definitely advised. I didn't listen to the NM2+ long enough to give a really thorough comparison, but off the bat it seemed like the bass was of a similar quality though closer to neutral in quantity on the NM2+ compared to the FH3. The mids had more body on the FH3 but more texture on the NM2+. The treble was way more forward on the NM2+, but this brings along a greater perception of detail. Like I said I found the NM2+ treble a little brittle, but YMMV. Stage and imaging slightly better on the NM2+ but not by as much as I had expected. But this was without any burn-in on the NM2+ so if you're a believer my impressions may not be correct.

I never touch my T2+ again after getting the FH3,
the bass is so loose and very harsh upper mid and treble, at least with my library, mostly metal.
Yeah metal is basically the one genre I never listen to. I like the T2+ for acoustic and instrumental music, the treble is a little airier than the FH3 which is nice sometimes.

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #585 of 2,767
I really like the Mangird Tea. I listen to it almost as much as I do the MEST. That being said, with the rate things are coming out in Chi-Fi, you may want to just sit back, relax, and enjoy tunes on your excellent T2+ and FH3 for now. Just keep up with all the new stuff, and wait till something irresistible catches your eye/ear. I personally don’t find any major weaknesses with either the T2+ or FH3.
That is my plan, just fighting with the GAS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back