FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #76 of 2,767
How does fh3 compares to CA16? Maybe someone has both and can share their thoughts about it :)
Two different price tiers and it shows. If you use the FH3 as the bar, for the $100 - $150 USD tier, then the CCA CA16 doesn’t punch above it’s weight class.

The FH3 dominates sub bass to mid bass, authoritative and clean

What’s surprising are the mid frequencies. Quite a few CCA16 owners have lauded the design choice to side mount the BA that would normally be loaded into the nozzle. When comparing the two IEMs it’s glaring that some of the mid frequencies are missing in the CA16.

Upper frequency range: both resolve well, without being fatiguing.

Summary:
If you’ve got the funds for the FH3, you aren’t losing anything by bypassing the CCA CA16. If circumstances dictate that your next purchase has to be around $60 USD, then get the iBasso IT00; it’s a more better CA16.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #77 of 2,767
Two different price tiers and it shows. If you use the FH3 as the bar, for the $100 - $150 USD tier, then the CCA CA16 doesn’t punch above it’s weight class.

The FH3 dominates sub bass to mid bass

What’s surprising are the mid frequencies. Quite a few CCA16 owners have lauded the design choice to side mount the BA that would normally be loaded into the nozzle. When comparing the two IEMs it’s glaring that some of the mid frequencies are missing in the CA16.

Upper frequency range: both resolve well, without being fatiguing.

Summary:
If you’ve got the funds for the FH3, you aren’t losing anything by bypassing the CCA CA16. If circumstances dictate that your next purchase has to be around $60 USD, then get the iBasso IT00; it’s more better CA16.
Thank you for your answer 👍. I do own the the CA16, so was wondering how them two compare. I am planning to get something up to 200$ in sale on ali, but can not make up my mind, simply too much options :)

Aug 23, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #78 of 2,767
Thank you for your answer 👍. I do own the the CA16, so was wondering how them two compare. I am planning to get something up to 200$ in sale on ali, but can not make up my mind, simply too much options :)
If you’re happy with the overall abilities of the CCA CA16, but want to go up a few rungs on the audiophile ladder, checkout the KBear Tri i3; it’s a big boy, but will pair very well with your Btr5

Aug 23, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #79 of 2,767
Should i get FH3 instead FA9!? I listen a lot of electronic music , edm , trance etc.
I can’t comment on the sound of the FA9, but it is an all-BA IEM, and thus will provide a different bass sound from the dynamic driver in the FH3. Maybe more importantly, it‘s approx. $370 more expensive. That‘s a huge difference, so they’re not really direct competitors.

I can say that the FH3 has very powerful, but controlled, fast, and detailed bass. It is an excellent IEM for EDM, pop, rock, metal, trance...most genres of music, though it wouldn’t be my choice for classical, jazz, acoustic music in general.

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #80 of 2,767
How was the FH3? A short impression please?
See above. I’ll also add that the coherence is very good, and it sounds natural. The midrange is very forward in it’s presentation and is well balanced between male and female vocals. No harsh aspects of it’s tuning, IMO. It is a very fun and exciting sounding IEM, but also is one that you can listen to for a long period of time. Soundstage is quite wide, but imaging is average. Just my take.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #83 of 2,767
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #84 of 2,767
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #86 of 2,767
Any idea how this would compare the tin T3. Would it be an upgrade?

Also, when will these hit amazon UK.
The Tin T3 have a very unique, niche tonality. Lean, dry and bright. I would expect the Fiio to sound nothing like that. In fact, I keep the T3 precisely for that reason, because nothing else sounds like them.

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #87 of 2,767
The Tin T3 have a very unique, niche tonality. Lean, dry and bright. I would expect the Fiio to sound nothing like that. In fact, I keep the T3 precisely for that reason, because nothing else sounds like them.

Would you consider the T3 bassy. Most people say its neutral. I'm looking for something with a little more bass than the T3 and a better overall sound quality.

The T3 is an excellent IEM and my main one i use. But I'm looking for a good upgrade that's not to expensive. The problem is the FH3 is not available on amazon in the UK and i don't want to wait 3 months for aliexpress.

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #88 of 2,767
Would you consider the T3 bassy. Most people say its neutral. I'm looking for something with a little more bass than the T3 and a better overall sound quality.

The T3 is an excellent IEM and my main one i use. But I'm looking for a good upgrade that's not to expensive. The problem is the FH3 is not available on amazon in the UK and i don't want to wait 3 months for aliexpress.
Quite frankly, there are a ton of great options available now. You should post the question on a new thread. Etymotic ER2XR, Tin t2+ or T4, FiiO FD1, iBasso IT00, Moondrop Starfield, NF Audio NA2 or NM2, CCA CA16.... are all great IEMs, but it would help to know exactly what traits you’re looking for.

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #89 of 2,767
Quite frankly, there are a ton of great options available now. You should post the question on a new thread. Etymotic ER2XR, Tin t2+ or T4, FiiO FD1, iBasso IT00, Moondrop Starfield, NF Audio NA2 or NM2, CCA CA16.... are all great IEMs, but it would help to know exactly what traits you’re looking for.

I mainly listen to old school rock, Led Zep, Floyd, etc. Some EDM and a bit of modern stuff. Sunset bros, Katy Perry, etc. No classical, jazz or blues.

I was attracted to this because of the knowles BA and i thought if i get a few more drivers, might improve the sound quality on the T3.

Some of those you mentioned are not available on amazon UK.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #90 of 2,767
I mainly listen to old school rock, Led Zep, Floyd, etc. Some EDM and a bit of modern stuff. Sunset bros, Katy Perry, etc. No classical, jazz or blues.

I was attracted to this because of the knowles BA and i thought if i get a few more drivers, might improve the sound quality on the T3.

Some of those you mentioned are not available on amazon UK.
The FH3 would suit you well then, but another alternative that’s similar IMO is the iBasso IT00. The IT00 has more sub bass, but has really good resolution and detail. The Tin T2+ and NF Audio NA2 are also very good. All three of these options just have a single DD, but one that is fast and detailed, with good resolution. I don’t have the T3, but can vouch that the DDs in the FH3, IT00, NA2, and T2+ are significantly more technically capable than the DD in the T2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back