FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #2,762 of 2,767
Mar 11, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2,763 of 2,767
But I am the very best 😎😁
Hahaha...I knew that you French have biiiiig Ego...but that's what I am talking about; that's the right way ! :wink:

I recently asked someone who makes headphones..." are your headphones the best on the market?"
What a disappointment because he avoided the question...and said, let the customers judge that :frowning2:

If you make headphones...I would instantly buy from you just because of that attitude...I am the best! :)

I will still buy his headphones...but I wanted that he said...yes..."I am the best"! :)

Cheers!

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #2,764 of 2,767
Hahaha...I knew that you French have biiiiig Ego...but that's what I am talking about; that's the right way ! :wink:

I recently asked someone who makes headphones..." are your headphones the best on the market?"
What a disappointment because he avoided the question...and said, let the customers judge that :frowning2:

If you make headphones...I would instantly buy from you just because of that attitude...I am the best! :)

I will still buy his headphones...but I wanted that he said...yes..."I am the best"! :)

Cheers!
Do you know how to kill a Frenchman? 🤔

You have to point and shoot him 15 centimeters above his head. 🧐

Right in the superiority complex. 😂

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #2,766 of 2,767
I recently had the opportunity to spend a few weeks with 5 well-known “ChiFi” IEMs, the KiwiEars Orchestra Lite, FiiO FH15, 7Hz Legato, Hidizds MP145, and YanYin Canon 2, herewith my impressions on the FH15. While I’ve gravitated to the more expensive end of the IEM pool recently, I still think there’s plenty of interesting things to be heard at pretty much every price point in this hobby, and I really appreciated the opportunity to sample the FH15 among the others.

Many thanks to FiiO for providing the kit and as ever to @Damz87 for organising these tours in Australia!

FiiO FH15
$229
1x Dynamic Driver, 3x Balanced Armature Drivers

FH15.jpg

Fit & Ergonomics
The FH15 shells are average size metal, I believe machined aluminium, that feel nice in the hand and fit very easily. The design is a pleasing dark blue ‘dragon-scale’ motif with a gold surround that looks pretty good and gives the FH15 a premium feel.

Tuning
FH15 has moderate amount of sub-bass, if lacking somewhat in mid-bass and lower midrange warmth. Upper mids are pushed forward quite a bit, and sometimes female vocals borderline on shout. Treble feels fairly natural, but ever so slightly clipped off up top. This tuning is ok, and if I’m being generous very “safe”, but nothing particularly special really.

Technical
Stage here is reasonably wide and has some decent height to it. Depth is fairly shallow, so dynamics suffer a bit. There’s a good amount of detail there to be heard, likely on account of the pushed upper midrange. Timbre feels a bit disjointed between the smooth lower mids & bass vs the kind of plastic-y BA upper frequencies.

Summary
This is not a bad IEM at all, but there isn’t much very special or interesting about it, and I feel it's outclassed in most ways at and well below it's price point. For example, I recently picked up the $40 CCA Trio, which may lack just a smidge of detail resolution vs the FH15, but is a lot more fun and engaging at a fraction of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back