FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Mar 24, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #301 of 462
I think they can have a recommended retail price. They shouldn't be allowed to enforce price fixing so retailers can sell for less. Fiio Europe or Uk will likely abide by a given retail price so as not to annoy retailers selling at full retail price. Retailers should be allowed to discount to whatever they like in theory but price fixing does occur illegally and supply could stop to them if they upset the manufacturer by selling too cheap.

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #302 of 462
I'm sure you are right, but a bit of competition amongst dealers would be nice, over and above the rare discount codes that retailers like AMP3 give out. The trouble is, FiiO only has three UK dealers. You Google Astell & Kern, and you get plenty!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #304 of 462
It is, not that I want an A&K DAP! I was just making a point.

FiiO needs more UK dealers full stop and from my point of view, ones that take the UK VAT off for Jersey residents.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #305 of 462
It is, not that I want an A&K DAP! I was just making a point.

FiiO needs more UK dealers full stop and from my point of view, ones that take the UK VAT off for Jersey residents.
Maybe if Fiio released more mature products then they could attract a retailer like Richer Sounds with quite a few branches. But, their rapid release strategy might prevent this & so only boutique outlets get involved?

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #306 of 462
I have mixed feelings for fiio, most of it is positive. They do offer value for money but QC is lacking. The $ to £ thing is just a slap in the face. Richer Soumds don't need the hassle of their errors I'd guess. It's good stuff with a large hint of Chinese unreliability.
I try not to lose focus on how good these fh1 sound for the money. They are a tiny bit muddy on my iphone but they sound excellent for the money on my lg g6 HK quad dac.

Mar 25, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #307 of 462
In Romania there is only one distributor that had the FH1 at 96 EUR; now they are offering a 'sale' - 85 EUR. Rip-off.

I can buy them new for 65 EUR from a guy, but he says doesn't have warranty (gift, he says). What do you guys advice? What's the probability of them breaking in 2 years time (warranty is 2y)?

Is there an international warranty? Somewhere where I can register the serial no.?

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #310 of 462
I know, but about warranty? If I buy them In my country from the only distributor they have 2y warranty.
Penon handles warranty issues of their products, even for international customers. If anything went wrong with them just send them an email and they'll likely request you send them back.

Based on the QC issues of the FH1 (mostly on the black) in this thread, it'll be advisable to have warranty in place.

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #313 of 462
I currently have the Final E3000 as my main IEM for commute and I love them. Does anyone have experience with both the Final E3000 and Fiio FH1? I really want to know if the Fiio FH1 is still a good buy.
In my opinion you gotta like bass to appreciate the FH1 fully. The mids and treble are really good, so is the soundstage depth for the price, but it's a tad too midbassy for my liking. Sorry I haven't listened to E3000.

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #314 of 462
sorry, I read some complained about the market price in some countries, plz do understand that we have not the right to set the retail price , not to talk about the different VAT , let's back to our products , please!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #315 of 462
In my opinion you gotta like bass to appreciate the FH1 fully. The mids and treble are really good, so is the soundstage depth for the price, but it's a tad too midbassy for my liking. Sorry I haven't listened to E3000.
The E3000 has the best soundstage I have heard in an IEM. It rivals the soundstage of CA Andromeda. I don't expect the FH1 to be better but I really am curious of the sound signature. If it really is for bassheads, then I might not like that since I matured from being a basshead just recently and began looking for natural sounding IEMs. Recessed mids are somewhat of a turn-off for me. But if someone with the E3000 says otherwise, I might give the FH1 a try as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back