FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Feb 16, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #196 of 462
I have a few similar cables and for me the change in sound wasn't desireable. The highs are rolled off slightly for me. I would suggest not to go for cheap cables and buy something decent but not very expensive. If you really want the cable to make a desirable change to the sound . If you just want to tame the highs then it's a different matter altogether however for that I'd go with a good quality pure copper cable. Sorry for the rambling.

What I want to ask is whether the newer batch is rid of QC issues?

My blue replacement pair have been problem free.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #197 of 462
I had the same problem with my black set on the right mmcx connection. Sent them back and got the blue one's. The blue set are fine, really loving them.

I'm experiencing exactly this issue, which is a shame because these sound so good. Black, right connection is flaking out with slight movements.

Is the only solution at this point to just return them and try for a newer batch?

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #198 of 462
I'm experiencing exactly this issue, which is a shame because these sound so good. Black, right connection is flaking out with slight movements.

Is the only solution at this point to just return them and try for a newer batch?

I ordered a new set from fiio on Amazon and sent the other set back for a refund. You could try gently squeezing the outer mmcx connecter, at your own risk, to tighten the joint but it will make it slightly oval. Its worked for me in the past but do you want to mess around with it and risk having to buy a cable out of your own pocket?
The coloured one's look nicer anyway.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #199 of 462
I fancy blue too but I think I'll wait until at least Easter. Hopefully, by then there will be plenty of the fault-free batches available & maybe a special holiday promotion in the UK?

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #204 of 462
I have black. Connectors are fine.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #205 of 462
I think it's easy to focus on the connection problem but you really need to listen a working set of these to appreciate how good they are for the money ( If you like bass biased headphones)
I absolutely love my second set of these and take my hat off to fiio for what they have achieved.
Consider what the 2 different cables would cost plus the case and tips and then think what you are paying for the earphones. Now I have a fully working set I couldn't rate them any higher if I'd paid £200 for them.
I'd penciled in a set of shure 535'S if the replacements let me down but they didn't so I put what I'd saved towards some B&W PX over ears.

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #206 of 462
82CB2399-11D1-4EB0-B068-A9EADBAC90E4.jpeg
These things are great! Another winner by Fiio. I seriously think these are better than my IE800 going by memory...

Will try them later to make sure!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 17, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #207 of 462
I think it's easy to focus on the connection problem but you really need to listen a working set of these to appreciate how good they are for the money ( If you like bass biased headphones)
I absolutely love my second set of these and take my hat off to fiio for what they have achieved.
Consider what the 2 different cables would cost plus the case and tips and then think what you are paying for the earphones. Now I have a fully working set I couldn't rate them any higher if I'd paid £200 for them.
I'd penciled in a set of shure 535'S if the replacements let me down but they didn't so I put what I'd saved towards some B&W PX over ears.

I get where you are coming from, but even if I got a working set, I would be thinking every time I picked them up, would this be the time they stopped working.

Why didn't/doesn't FiiO introduce an "SE" version with non-removable 2.5 cable with a 3.5 adaptor?

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #208 of 462
I get where you are coming from, but even if I got a working set, I would be thinking every time I picked them up, would this be the time they stopped working.

Why didn't/doesn't FiiO introduce an "SE" version with non-removable 2.5 cable with a 3.5 adaptor?

I just use mine and enjoy them. The cables are replaceable anyway. If you had moulded ones they'd likely be going in the bin if a cable became faulty. I think you can get new fiio cables for £10 from their Ali Express store that are shorter with no remote. The earpieces seem rock solid so i have no worries there.
Im waiting to see what the Bluetooth cables are like that are coming out from fiio, they look interesting. If not I quite like the look of the Westone bluetooth cable to try on them. Lots of options.

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #209 of 462
Who's saying it was the cable at fault? I could have tried the cable from my F9's, but couldn't be bothered to find the fault. I just returned them and now see Advancedmp3players.co.uk have an "Open box" pair going for £35. Couldn't be my old pair, could it?

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #210 of 462
Who's saying it was the cable at fault? I could have tried the cable from my F9's, but couldn't be bothered to find the fault. I just returned them and now see Advancedmp3players.co.uk have an "Open box" pair going for £35. Couldn't be my old pair, could it?
Buy them again to find out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back