FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Mar 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #271 of 462
Has anyone tried the new SpinFit CP155? They have a 5.5mm nozzle ID and SpinFit recommends them for nozzles between 6mm and 7mm. My new FH1 have a nozzle diameter at the tip of 6.04mm. I'm currently using the CP100L. The CP155 have a slightly different dome shape, being longer and less rounded. I'm thinking of ordering them in M & L.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #272 of 462
guys do you think fiio fh1 is the best iem under 100 bucks ?

I have not said that.
That will depend on your tastes and how sensitive your ears are to IEMs.
Unfortunately, the IEMs usually bother me, with the only ones that I feel really comfortable with is that they have the shells with the shape of the FH1, LZ A5, etc. The IT01 I support them for a while, then they start to bother me and if I go walking they tend to get out and I have to put them back.
I repeat that the sound offered by the IT01 is very good, but I prefer the FH1 basically for comfort.
I'm more comfortable with the IT01's with the Comply TSX400, but then they have too much bass and they lose detail and they become a bit dark for my taste.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #273 of 462
Quiet, as I said before the FH1 has a little more treble.

I do not understand your question regarding the 3.5 mm connector. This cable is not balanced, the balanced one has a 2.5 mm connector. You only need an adapter if you want to use a balanced XLR output with the 2.5mm connector.

Sorry, I wanted to say the Balanced 2.5mm in a 3.5mm.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #274 of 462
guys do you think fiio fh1 is the best iem under 100 bucks ?

That's a difficult question to answer. It depends on what you are looking for.
If you like bass and treble and don't mind missing a bit of mid because of this then I think you'll struggle to beat them. For me everything about the sound is spot on for pop, dance, hip hop, electro etc. I probably wouldnt choose them for classical or any delicate music though.
I've read on this forum that some people feel the bass is slow. I don't get this?? Maybe their ears are blocking the vent holes on the back of the earphones, I've read this makes the bass even stronger and possibly causes them to respond slowly but this is just a guess.
The weak point for me with the FH1 is the isolation, it's not terrible but if you've used any of the Shure SE's it doesn't compete.

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #275 of 462
I bought them as a complement to my Pinnacle P1. For me, the bass is too much for anything that I listen to except for what I bought them for. I bought them for classical organ (mostly Bach) and sound tracks. The P1 don't go low enough to reproduce the rumble from the lowest organ notes or parts of some sound tracks like Jurassic Park. I tried to listen to Celine Dion and the bass just overwhelmed the vocal. I couldn't get through half a song. Even for organ, the bass was a bit too much with the red tips, but perfect with SpinFit tips. I rate them 5 star for the price for the music I want them for. If you're a true basshead then these should be perfect.

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #276 of 462
I really want to upgrade and lose the inline mic/switch on the FH1 factory 3.5 cables.
Does anyone have any recommendations for something under $100 that would be a better cable and not have the inline mic?
I just can't see spending more than that for cables when the whole FH1 package is under $80, and I doubt I will be upgrading those anytime soon.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #277 of 462
Still having an issue with my left connector ..tried another cable and was better for a while and then the "cutting out" reappears. It only last for a few seconds and usually just by adjusting the earpiece it comes good. But they really are now opening up and sounding even better than OTB. I am in two minds about if I should get a replacement ....this is a really shame because they really sound great.....
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Would the two cables have that same issue? You may check whether the connection is firm and no varia in the port? We will also report to the engineers about that. You can try to contact the seller for help as well.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best Regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 15, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #282 of 462
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Would the two cables have that same issue? You may check whether the connection is firm and no varia in the port? We will also report to the engineers about that. You can try to contact the seller for help as well.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best Regards

Thanks for your comments........but unfortunately the left earpiece completed detached itself from the cable at a train station and is lost in the wind now....I am absolutely gutted :triportsad:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #283 of 462
Saw the Facebook post.. looks like there'll be an FH5 :xf_eek:

Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors FH5

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #285 of 462
any idea how much the FH5 will be? :)
No clue, all I know so far is the name, quad drivers, and this picture :xf_eek:

Maybe we'll have some more info once some people try them at CanJam Singapore?

29258376_1737173396340186_1275064095262900224_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back