[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Sep 22, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #181 of 1,584
after hearing the Aroma Audio Thunder ..... I have serious doubts that anything can even get close to it. And I say this as a NOT lover of the low range. But the low end and all the rest of the Thunder gives credit to a musicality never heard before hearing the Thunder. Completely another level.
why would we expect a $600 FD7 KO 3x more expensive Thunder?

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #182 of 1,584
why would we expect a $600 FD7 KO 3x more expensive Thunder?
In fact, I don't expect a $ 600 item to compete with Thunder. I'm just saying that Thunder cost regardless it is a sublime listening from which it is then very difficult to go back, because it is a very high level of listening. Staying around $ 600 you could (if possible) make a comparison with Tansio Mirai Land. An iem that instead could very well compete with iem by double the cost.

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #183 of 1,584
In fact, I don't expect a $ 600 item to compete with Thunder. I'm just saying that Thunder cost regardless it is a sublime listening from which it is then very difficult to go back, because it is a very high level of listening. Staying around $ 600 you could (if possible) make a comparison with Tansio Mirai Land. An iem that instead could very well compete with iem by double the cost.
I think @Dsnuts can compare FD7 with Land but it's a weird comparison because they have very different drivers design.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #185 of 1,584
I'm most interested in how FD7 compares with Final A8000... how close can Fiio get

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #186 of 1,584
Thank you very much, i'll wait you :)

Spent about 20 min each listening to the FDX (now using the largest treble nozzle) and Isa. I just switched to the treble nozzle with the FDX today (thanks for the tip @Dsnuts) and the treble becomes a bit more sparkly and lively now but still nowhere close to bright & harsh. The mid bass sounds even tighter and cleaner with the treble nozzle, perhaps due to increased treble presence? Don’t think the overall bass performance changed that much between the default balanced nozzle vs the treble one. Anyways, I’ll alternate between the balanced and the treble nozzle every now and then and see which one I like better in the long run.

Back to FDX vs Isa. Boy every time I listen to the Isa, I’m drawn by its mid range presentation: warm, organic, and intoxicating to listen to. The bass impact and treble sparkle are both there for the Isa. Simply comparing the sound presentation of FDX vs Isa, it’s clear that Isa is aiming for more intimacy and punch while the FDX maintains a wider soundstage, cleaner image, and more balanced/neutral sound profile. I have to say the speed is very different between the two: FDX is pretty fast while Isa sounds slower with a typical DD-like decay.

I consider both to be pretty non-fatiguing IEMs meaning I’m not getting overwhelmed by a particular frequency range at any given time. I consider the FDX to be the better overall performer if you listen to many different music genres. If you are mainly about vocals and mid range with organic tonality & warmth, Isa is hard to beat.

Hope this helps and I’ll try to compare FDX vs DMagic later this week.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #187 of 1,584
Spent about 20 min each listening to the FDX (now using the largest treble nozzle) and Isa. I just switched to the treble nozzle with the FDX today (thanks for the tip @Dsnuts) and the treble becomes a bit more sparkly and lively now but still nowhere close to bright & harsh. The mid bass sounds even tighter and cleaner with the treble nozzle, perhaps due to increased treble presence? Don’t think the overall bass performance changed that much between the default balanced nozzle vs the treble one. Anyways, I’ll alternate between the balanced and the treble nozzle every now and then and see which one I like better in the long run.

Back to FDX vs Isa. Boy every time I listen to the Isa, I’m drawn by its mid range presentation: warm, organic, and intoxicating to listen to. The bass impact and treble sparkle are both there for the Isa. Simply comparing the sound presentation of FDX vs Isa, it’s clear that Isa is aiming for more intimacy and punch while the FDX maintains a wider soundstage, cleaner image, and more balanced/neutral sound profile. I have to say the speed is very different between the two: FDX is pretty fast while Isa sounds slower with a typical DD-like decay.

I consider both to be pretty non-fatiguing IEMs meaning I’m not getting overwhelmed by a particular frequency range at any given time. I consider the FDX to be the better overall performer if you listen to many different music genres. If you are mainly about vocals and mid range with organic tonality & warmth, Isa is hard to beat.

Hope this helps and I’ll try to compare FDX vs DMagic later this week.
Very good comparison, thanl you, you've a gread DD selection and FDX vs Dmagic should be very interesting, wich dap/source+amp did you use?

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #188 of 1,584
Very good comparison, thanl you, you've a gread DD selection and FDX vs Dmagic should be very interesting, wich dap/source+amp did you use?

I currently use the iBasso DX300MAX Ti and sometimes the Oriolus DPS-L2.

I haven’t listened to my Dmagic in a while but I do remember it being a little difficult to drive but the magic happens when you drive it with a powerful source.

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #189 of 1,584
I've been checking Amazon USA to see when the FD7 will be available. This morning Amazon said they would be available soon. Now, this afternoon, Amazon says they will be available November 25-28? I thought I remember reading that the FD7 was on the way to sellers in early September and should be available in the USA around the end of September or early October. What happened?

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #190 of 1,584
I've been checking Amazon USA to see when the FD7 will be available. This morning Amazon said they would be available soon. Now, this afternoon, Amazon says they will be available November 25-28? I thought I remember reading that the FD7 was on the way to sellers in early September and should be available in the USA around the end of September or early October. What happened?
Probably the common Chinese COVID-related logistics problem at this point? I mean, they're hardly able to get reviews done. There's almost nothing available in that sense and I assume they're holding off because they can't really deliver at this point anyway? That's a handful of guesses here though. But if you look at Moondrop and ThieAudio they have the same problems and buyers sometimes have to wait for months.

drftr

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #191 of 1,584
I have bought from linsoul many times, after 200 usd they use dhl for shipping free of charge, aliexpress there's some sellers that send free expedited (shenzhenaudio, brightaudio sometimes, etc) if you talk witb the seller they'll declare less than 50usd.

Wey en serio, echale tres pesos de ganas y busca
Re Shenzhen Audio: Waited over a week for their response and they tell me they don't even want to honour their Best Price Match that is mentioned on the website. What a joke. How does one get confident on these Chinese companies for after sales service if their own promises are not even honoured? Of course you can offer cheap shipping if you sell the product $70 more expensive than others! Guess I'm close to the cure.

drftr

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #192 of 1,584
We have arranged sending the FD7 to our Amazon US store last Friday. So it will be available in Amazon USA at the middle of next month if everything goes well. The FD7 is not on the way to most worldwide sellers currently.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #193 of 1,584
Re Shenzhen Audio: Waited over a week for their response and they tell me they don't even want to honour their Best Price Match that is mentioned on the website. What a joke. How does one get confident on these Chinese companies for after sales service if their own promises are not even honoured? Of course you can offer cheap shipping if you sell the product $70 more expensive than others! Guess I'm close to the cure.

drftr

Dear friend,

This seller is not our authorized seller in oversea market. If you don't mind, you could get the headphone from our Aliexpress store instead:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...store_pc_allProduct.8148356.41.6a472c27ih8nfv
Or you could wait and get it from the locall seller.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #195 of 1,584
The same here in India as well, FH7 sells for around $540. I bought EM5 for $380 which sells for $300 outside. It's always like that and FiiO is very popular in India.

It's not FiiO's fault, it's the resellers who charge that excess amount (may be import fees and all). I would gladly pay the additional cost to avail the warranty and support rather than shipping it from Aliexpress or so.

I had some issues with FiiO products and I received great support form FiiO India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back