FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #692 of 1,891
591A6417.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 9, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #695 of 1,891
Thanks a lot.
I only have the IT04 (I had the ier-Z1r and the AG but sold both and kept the IT04).
I am thinking in an upgrade...and the IT07 it is one option. But this new trend of single DD puzzles me and I love to try new stuff 🙂.
Unfortunately here I cannot try before buying because simply there's no shop that sells these.

It depends on if you just want "more of what you have" or something different. If you're already rocking the IT04 then you know what the IT07 is bringing to the table, and you never know you might find out that the FD5 is a sound that really hits for you more than the multi-driver arrangements.

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #696 of 1,891
Yes it is true 🤨. Maybe I will try the FD5 afterall.
Thanks.

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #697 of 1,891
Just got the FD5. No burn in via the E1DA 9038SG3 coming from the Fearless S8 pro using some weird and unknown omega big ear tips with wide bore and nozzle.

First impression:
The FD5 stage is stupid wide but not as deep as the S8 pro.
Resolution is a level down, imaging is two levels down. Bass quality is two levels up.

Tuning wise they're lean in the lower mids (~2dB) , significant boost at 6khz (~4dB) and slightly subdued air (~2dB).

To my ears they are not sibilant at all but they are hot for badly recorded cymbals and maybe other sounds that occupy the 6khz region.

I will report more after proper burn in.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #698 of 1,891
Just got the FD5. No burn in via the E1DA 9038SG3 coming from the Fearless S8 pro using some weird and unknown omega big ear tips with wide bore and nozzle.

First impression:
Resolution is a level down, imaging is two levels down. Bass quality is two levels up.

Tuning wise they're lean in the lower mids (~2dB) , significant boost at 6khz (~4dB) and slightly subdued air (~2dB).

To my ears they are not sibilant at all but they are hot for badly recorded cymbals and maybe other sounds that occupy the 6khz region.

Now I need a S8Pro with FD5 Bass,
I wonder what is it ? 😈😈😈😈😈

@Dsnuts

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #699 of 1,891

First impression:

Thanks for your impressions. Please burn them in and report back. I am super sensitive at 6 kHz. If burn-in does not help with that, I will need to put the FD5 as in the "probably not" category for me.

It seems there are quite a number of, otherwise fantastic, new IEMs that have a 5-7 kHz peak to which I have sensitivity. I need to pass on the units as I can only buy without trying them first.

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #700 of 1,891
Thanks for your impressions. Please burn them in and report back. I am super sensitive at 6 kHz. If burn-in does not help with that, I will need to put the FD5 as in the "probably not" category for me.

It seems there are quite a number of, otherwise fantastic, new IEMs that have a 5-7 kHz peak to which I have sensitivity. I need to pass on the units as I can only buy without trying them first.
Are you adverse to using a PEQ, to make pinpoint cuts to what fatigues you ?

I’m of the mind that making PEQ cuts is akin to dialing in a custom tuning. Without my Qudelix-5K, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy 96% of my collection.

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #701 of 1,891
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #702 of 1,891

I’m of the mind that making PEQ cuts is akin to dialing in a custom tuning. Without my Qudelix-5K, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy 96% of my collection.

No EQ for me. I don’t want to have to compensate for an IEM other than tips and then mainly for fit. I figure that if I am paying for an IEM, I want one that is exactly what I want without fiddling with EQ, source matching, etc. It should just work. I am quite pleased with a number of my IEMs that do not need EQ or other audiophile gymnastics.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #704 of 1,891

I totally agree. Personally, I've found that there is no such thing as the perfectly tuned iem, headphones, speakers, etc. Especially if you listen to multiple genres of music. A little EQ goes a long way to fix a few areas where your transducers fall short. Even expensive stuff can excel in some areas, and fall a bit short in others. A bit of EQ can be the difference between making your gear sounding great; to making you want to sell them off. EQ is a tweak; as much as tips, cables and source components are.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #705 of 1,891
Here's my video review of them. I plan to write it up as well and post it at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back