FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,276 of 1,891
Aug 13, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,279 of 1,891
FD3 in the house and undergoing "burn-in" so there's not another FH5s situation with reviews and testing:

IMG_7366.jpg
IMG_7381.jpg
IMG_7384.jpg
IMG_7388.jpg

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #1,280 of 1,891
FD3 in the house and undergoing "burn-in" so there's not another FH5s situation with reviews and testing:

IMG_7366.jpg IMG_7381.jpg IMG_7384.jpg IMG_7388.jpg
Beautiful pictures 🤤

Can't wait for mine to be delivered! Was 100 hours the recommended burn in time?

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,281 of 1,891
Beautiful pictures 🤤

Can't wait for mine to be delivered! Was 100 hours the recommended burn in time?
It was 200 hours with the FH5s so I am not going to take any chances and do 250 hours again with this one! Plenty of other products to test in the meantime anyway, including something else "new" from FiiO :eye:

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #1,282 of 1,891
Just got my Pros. Really, really nice package. Great selection of tips, including foams and bass-oriented options. Cable is very nice as well, and the build quality looks solid. Overall unboxing experience was positive.

Initial sounds quality impressions are good. Soundstage is larger than I expected, which may be due to the fact that the treble is a bit muted. First impression is that this has huge bass, tilted towards the midbass, resulting in almost a boomy sound. Maybe this effect will be mitigated with burn in?

Not quite as detailed as I would like. Moondrop's offerings in this price range (and lower) offer more detail in my opinion. But again, this is only a cursory first impression. I will do some A/B comparisons later.

Overall, if the sound profile matches your preference, then this is an outstanding piece of kit.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,283 of 1,891
Just received my pair of regular (non-pro) FD3s. Here's my initial impressions after a few hours, using the balanced nozzle. I liked the stock tips the best. No burn-in yet. I'll post more impressions if anything changes.
  • Excellent accessories, very comfortable shells, satisfying build quality.
  • Sounds like a pretty balanced v-shaped IEM, slightly warm. Definitely more musical than analytical. Lower midrange more recessed.
  • Natural tonality. Male and female vocals both sound great. Nice weight behind them (not airy). Female vocals are closer in the mix.
  • Decent soundstage and imaging.
  • Smooth treble. No noticeable peakiness or sibilance, and I'm sensitive.
  • Bass is a bit on the looser side at the moment, I'll see if it changes with burn-in. Mid-bass and sub-bass seem to have a similar presence.
First time listening to a FiiO IEM and I'm impressed. I'm not a V-shaped kinda guy but these seem like a strong performer in the price bracket.
Sounds like your impressions match mine. I agree with virtually everything you've stated. I'm also more of a neutral - curve type of guy, so I prefer a little more detail and less "musicality" or warmth.

Very comfortable fit to my ears using the stock tips. But I'd like to see what I can do to adjust the sound profile a bit more to my liking. Tip rolling is definitely in the cards for me tonight.

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #1,287 of 1,891
Let me go find out.

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #1,289 of 1,891
Yeah is there a lot of difference between the two nozzle/"sound tube" options included?
Treble nozzle turns it into a brighter sound. I preferred the balanced tuning.

Sounds like your impressions match mine. I agree with virtually everything you've stated. I'm also more of a neutral - curve type of guy, so I prefer a little more detail and less "musicality" or warmth.

Very comfortable fit to my ears using the stock tips. But I'd like to see what I can do to adjust the sound profile a bit more to my liking. Tip rolling is definitely in the cards for me tonight.
Yeah I like my midrange too much to make a v-shaped IEM my daily driver. I'd say the weakest point of the FD3 is the boomy bass. If it was tighter and more textured I think it would improve the FD3's coherency quite a bit. But yeah, its 100$. I gifted it to a family member who could appreciate it more than myself.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #1,290 of 1,891
Oh yeah, there's a difference all right. Definitely tilted the FR curve a bit. The black o-ring tube is brighter by far and tightens up the bass a little, which removes some of the boominess, with the stock tips anyway. I still need to do some rolling, but this is more promising.

Unfortunately we just lost power. No joke. So I'll have to continue the testing later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back