FiiO FD1 - 10mm 1DD IEM
Jun 27, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #46 of 381
From your description, the FD1 is somewhat similar to the final audio E3000 perhaps?

Jun 27, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #47 of 381
Or the urbanfun ybf isso14.... Hopefully without the QC problems.

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #49 of 381
igcubanan said - I’m a basshead (there I said it), with an aversion to elevated spikes in the 4K range.
My name is Gus and I'm also a basshead, with a distinct aversion to any kind of hot treble. When is our next meeting? lol

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #51 of 381
@bystander - I hope you're right, that these are gems. I don't want another Tin T2 iem, nor do I want a TFZ No.3 - I already have them. Like jant71 said - we will all find out soon.
Although I'm an infrequent contributor, I'm a long time lurker and EVERYONE'S input is valuable to me, so thanks Head-Fi members.
Oh, apologies. I was referring to another earphones jant71 will get soon. It was too out of context. But I definitely hope that FD1 will not disappoint those who bought them.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #55 of 381
No worries, but now I'm curious. What headphones were you referring to?

He would have to mean the NF NM2 since that is the only other one I am getting. :)

So, Audioreviews and BGGAR already hinting at the T2+ as the best Tin model yet(after the retuning of them). Obviously the main competition atm for the FD1.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #56 of 381
hi der...just got mine today.
heres my 2 cents after reading this short thread and few hours of listening behind me...
they are kinda warm but far from "bass-omphy". unlike the hybrid Fiio line which is much much more bassy
kinda remind me of the Massdrop universal IEM+. only those had 3 ba drivers.
mids are forward and clean. high are detailed and distinctive without taking from the balance.
soundstage is quit big and satisfying. my 2 test tracks: 1. Rango OST - now we ride 2. L'Orchestra Cinematique - Transformers Generation 1 Theme (epic)

I got the blue version. they look good. light weight. had enough of the heavy metal IEMs. the heavy metal premium feel is not productive for me in the long run. hanging from my shirt and dangling like 2 weights.
the FD1 are very comfortable even after 2 hours. but getting a seal is more challenging for me than the BGVP DM6(which is more bassy btw).
maybe due to the air port on the inner part im not getting that vacuum seal im used to.

am curious to read more feedbacks from users.

Jun 28, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #57 of 381
Noticed that this has a 2-pin connector. Is FiiO moving away from MMCX to 2-pin connector for future IEMs?

The FH1s have 2-pin too (FH1 were MMCX). IIRC there was some thread where the Fiio rep mentioned they had issues with MMCX.

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #58 of 381
... few hours of listening behind me...
they are kinda warm but far from "bass-omphy". unlike the hybrid Fiio line which is much much more bassy
mids are forward and clean. high are detailed and distinctive without taking from the balance.
soundstage is quit big and satisfying. my 2 test tracks: 1. Rango OST - now we ride 2. L'Orchestra Cinematique - Transformers Generation 1 Theme (epic)
the FD1 are very comfortable even after 2 hours...
If you're comfortable with the notion of break/burn in, the FD1 will wake up in less of 24 hrs. of playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back