[FiiO FA1] Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors, Knowles Customized BA Driver, DLP 3D Printing Technology,Detachable MMCX Cable
Jul 22, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #316 of 398
I got the FA1 and I am loving it right now but I think Fiio should have a FA1 + another driver to handle the bass and bass-ically tune it to sound natural with a decent soundstage and accurate imaging at like the price of $159~%179. I think we would have a strong contender under the price of $200.

Jul 22, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #317 of 398
I got the FA1 and I am loving it right now but I think Fiio should have a FA1 + another driver to handle the bass and bass-ically tune it to sound natural with a decent soundstage and accurate imaging at like the price of $159~%179. I think we would have a strong contender under the price of $200.
It's not so easy, it means months of tuning, the second driver could swallow the wonderful good job in the other frequencies.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #319 of 398
I like their bass. It's not as powerful as dynamic or hybrid IEMs. However it fast and accurate. I have FA1 and Audeo PFE111 and I like the Fiio's tuning more - slightly better bass with smoother highs without losing detail. FA1 are really good in metal music.
I would like some 2 BAs IEMS from Fiio with similar tuning. FA7 are too bassy and warm for me.

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #321 of 398
After several months with these... I think these are my favorites IEMs competing against my FH5 and DM6; hell, I would say I prefer them over my HD600 headphones ( I think FA1 gives me almost the same quality but including this warmer sound that gives the musicality that the HD 600 for me lacks, except for the less refined treble extension cause HD 600 treble is unbeatable)

When I compare them against FH5, you can clearly pick up that the FH5 sound is more technical and resolving, but happens that the tuning of the FA1 is more pleasant to listen to, FA1 has a excellent tunning.

For the price, the build quality, the fit {feels like custom IEMS}, the looks, the isolation, the vocals, mids, the clarity, decent soundstage and separation; it is a no brainier.

About the bass, I feel they sound more pronounced compared to when I first tried them, I do not know if it is burn in or brain burn; what I know is that the bass quality and quantity scale with the source; the bass sound pretty decent out of my OPPO HA2SE. Bass is fast and it has great attack, excellent for rock and metal music as well ad many other genres like Jazz, Blues etc; separation, soundstage, clarity also improves driven by my OPPO HA2SE.

Right now, I'm deciding between FH7 and Fearless S8 freedom, perhaps even the Audiosense T800. I really want something like the FA! but way more technical and and even more details retrieval.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #322 of 398
After several months with these... I think these are my favorites IEMs competing against my FH5 and DM6; hell, I would say I prefer them over my HD600 headphones ( I think FA1 gives me almost the same quality but including this warmer sound that gives the musicality that the HD 600 for me lacks, except for the less refined treble extension cause HD 600 treble is unbeatable)

When I compare them against FH5, you can clearly pick up that the FH5 sound is more technical and resolving, but happens that the tuning of the FA1 is more pleasant to listen to, FA1 has a excellent tunning.

For the price, the build quality, the fit {feels like custom IEMS}, the looks, the isolation, the vocals, mids, the clarity, decent soundstage and separation; it is a no brainier.

About the bass, I feel they sound more pronounced compared to when I first tried them, I do not know if it is burn in or brain burn; what I know is that the bass quality and quantity scale with the source; the bass sound pretty decent out of my OPPO HA2SE. Bass is fast and it has great attack, excellent for rock and metal music as well ad many other genres like Jazz, Blues etc; separation, soundstage, clarity also improves driven by my OPPO HA2SE.

Right now, I'm deciding between FH7 and Fearless S8 freedom, perhaps even the Audiosense T800. I really want something like the FA! but way more technical and and even more details retrieval.

Go with Etymotic ER4SR/XR, if you like the FA1. They maximize the detail and technical aspect, XR provides deeper bass extention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back